for The Years That Go By

Ugh. No Eret.
6/14/2018 c5 Guest
It's Snoggletog.
6/14/2018 c2 Guest
Oh yes. I understand that you were a fucking coward Fishlegs. No big deal I forgive you. In fact I forgive all the assholes you chose to hang with because you wanted to avoid being beaten up yourself. They didn't know any better, right? The poor brainless crowd. Blah blah blah. Yeah, right.
1/26/2018 c12 Guest
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE
1/10/2018 c12 ILoveDonuts
Pre warning, nothing said or implied was written with the intent of offending.

Your a good writer, but I can not say your view of what others say about you is kind of... um... childish. Mind you, I do not agree with simple hate speech, but the number one thing i learnt about life is that you can't please everyone, there will always be those who hate with a passion. You may or may not be use to said hate comments, but the way you implied "only positive reviews" makes it seem like constructive criticism is out of the question.

So my review isn't going to be some short comment, but a ledgit review.

So, I am going to point out both the things I like as well as what could have been done better. Trust me, whether constructive criticism is a no go for you or not, I'm going to be that guy who just does it anyway.

Suicide and Cutting are all very serious in real life, and you displayed that really well in your story. It brought out the fear, the panic and dread caused by things like bullying.

However, one thing I was a bit skeptical about was the part where the new Hiccup met his former bully's once more. He spent so long living in fear, dread, anxious and willing do to whatever it takes to avoid them, yet all that suddenly disappears into a forgiving and uneffected manner. Mind you, I don't mind the fact that Hiccup is a changed man, but his fear of these people evidently did not, not until that last second. Someone who would attempt suicide because of these people wouldn't act to casual, so forgiving and so calm when mere hours before, he had been avoiding them, with good reason.

In the case of your OC character, I really didn't care if it was or was not Astrid. Paring isn't my concern.
I've seen people who literally crave Hicstrid, but there are those within that Toxic side of the Httyd community who believe that Hiccup cannot be paired with someone else, and they get REALLY defensive about it. I'm probably digging myself a grave talking about the Toxic people, but then again, that's why I logged out as a guest and made up a Donut name.

The attitude you have toward hate is kind of a problem. if they don't like it, don't read it or it's your story so you can do whatever you want. While it is true, it also butchers your reason for being here. You are a content creator they we are your viewers. Hypertheticaly, if you liked a story you were writing, but a total of zero viewers liked it, then would you continue, defiantly not, he'll no. You yourself basically said you love reading positive reviews, but if you only write it how you want it and don't care for everyone else's opinion, the story will receive nothing but hate. I'm not saying the above example happened here, but you should get my point. If someone leaves you constructive criticism and you class it as negative review, which you don't want for your story, how are your suppose to improve?

Take some advise from the guy who made this mistake, I made a 20 chapter story and only realised the story was trash when someone told me to my face. I deleted the who,e thing and started again, and now, my new version is so much better. I'm not saying you need to rewrite this, but if you continue to have a positive only attitude regarding what your viewers comment on your story, then some day, you might have a story that dies like mine did.

I'm a very picky person, I judge books by their covers and plot. And if the cover interest me but after reading a few pages, see that I dislike it, I ditch reading it. You should be proud that I was hooked to the very end of the story, that's not a very common thing to happen for me. I hope this was helpful, please don't see me as a hater or a mean person, but simply as a concerned fellow writer.
10/8/2017 c12 Mariah
wow done already make sure you write complete on its status section and good luck on the one shots.
10/8/2017 c12 Guest
Please, no. No more Elena and Hiccup. One story was MORE than enough.
10/3/2017 c11 Mariah
wow they are finally married sweet now its time for future children?
10/4/2017 c11 FabinaForever11
Awesome
10/1/2017 c9 Guest
Not sure that you received my first review as it has not posted. So here it is again: It's funny how you focus on the most superficial aspects of Astrid in order to defend the idea that Elaina is not just a substitute, and a very poor one at that, for Astrid. Also, being "different" simply for the sake of being "different" is hardly a virtue.
10/1/2017 c9 Fanfic Hunter
First of all... Hope you are better now ..second what do you mean that this story will end soon? Do you mean ending by *complete story* or the story will "die" ... I hope that this story will not because then I have to add an another GREAT but *DEAD* story to my list T_T and by death mean unfinished ( don't listen to them! *IGNORE THEM* ... HATERS LIKE THOSE ALWAYS TALKING LOOOT OF BULLSH!T (HATERS GONNA HATE ANYWAY I don't know why you are here this place "HATERS".. just because this story is not ""*HICCSTRD*"" you don't have to be mean and if not assh les JUST READ QUIETLY OR "LEAVE"-_- [I don't prefer hiccstrid storys BTW ...DEAL WITH IT HATERS B-)] ) OH AND ONE MORE THING! DON'T LET THEM EFFECT YOU ...THERE ARE READERS WHO LIKE... NO.. LOVE THIS STORY(or any other stories like this) AND I'M DEFINITELY ONE OF THEM ! CHEER UP MY FRIEND I'M WITH YOU (too bad I can't write stories because I am in my finals years and I can't find the time to write)... Anyways ...peace
10/1/2017 c9 Guest
Funny on how you note the most superficial aspects in which Elena is "different" from Astrid . . . If that the is best response you have, then once again you have proven my point. Finally being "different" simply for the sake of being "different" is hardly a virtue.
10/2/2017 c10 5Guardian'sDragonOfDeath
I enjoyed reading this story. I like Elena's character. I would have like to read a little bit more on how their relationship progressed though, but good story regardless. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

And for those negative reviews, try not to focus on them so much unless they actually offer advice or tips on how to better character/plot development. People who usually leave those do it to get a rise out of others. Those negative reviews don't really deserve your energy and attention. You get more positive reviews than negative ones.
10/1/2017 c9 FabinaForever11
I hope you feel better soon!

Great chapter