for Spiralling

10/26/2020 c1 11stevem1
This is an excellent AU. Very creepy.
4/27/2020 c1 11Dark-Prince-of-Clowns
This is BEAUTIFUL! PLEASE write more!

The old gods would not care for Light nor Dark -although would undoubtedly be viewed AS Dark, going by J.K. Rowling defenition of it...

And I am SO looking forward to see how this all plays out, seeing as the old gods usually aim towards devoring the world, or cast it into Darkness in some ineffible plan.

This may become of of the greatest fics of all time if you do it right! _
1/16/2020 c1 110Right What Is Wrong
The references were hilarious.

I dislike expanded-canon!Nyarlahotep on principle, but I liked this. Which is amazing, because I *really* don't like expanded-canon!Nyarlahotep... he turns 'the Cthulhu Mythos is a monstrously uncaring universe in which absolutely nothing matters to the wider worldview and we are all just specks on the brink of annihilation' into 'the Cthulhu Mythos is a mostly uncaring, somewhat malicious universe in which absolutely nothing matters except for God occasionally deciding to torture people out of sheer boredom'.

Actually, I guess what I like here is that Nyarlahotep isn't really necessary. Usually he's shoving himself in all over the place, but here Delphini's doom is 99% self-induced, and the 1% could be time perversely bending itself to the future apotheosis of Lily Evans, like light bending around a black hole. ('What was, will always be; what will be, always was...') Delphini's problem, perhaps, is that she's *only* thinking in four dimensions. One gets the sense, in some multiple-time-travel stories, that there's a fifth dimension keeping records of the timelines entirely outside of the memory of the time traveler...

Nice fic. Certainly unconventional, but it works, and it's more Lovecraftian than a lot of knockoffs with squamous tentacles a-waving and eldritch ichor a-dripping all over the place...
1/6/2019 c1 zev.jagalur
is what ALL crossovers with the Cthulhu Mythos should be like.
Except for Delphini and Voldemort getting completely screwed over,but ah well,it is Lovecraft.
What if Delphini was smart enough to find the passages about the Hounds and take some precautions?
7/7/2018 c1 2CMVreud
Wonderful in its madness.
11/4/2017 c1 Guest
Couldn't stop laughing, and it took me a minute to begin the story because I couldn't get the retreating dancers (accompanied by the brass band) out of my head. They were wearing gold, by the way...
9/25/2017 c1 Saint Snape
Very interesting story. You always give me things to ponder.
9/23/2017 c1 hwyla
I missed this! Wonderfully done. I really wish I knew more Lovecraft. I am wondering whether the hounds have anything in common with the hounds of "Hounds".

The first line regarding the brass horns is quite lovely. There are certainly times that you have a very poetic voice. I like the way the horns and dancers spin in-n-out to repeat later. It's easy for me to visualize as seen from above - kind of a cross between 'modern dance' and Ziegfeld Follies in filmy black tendrils and brightly shining brass on a dark stage with darker shapes in the shadows moving into place.

And I like the way you begin with the dance - as if time itself is the dance.