for A Potter's True Love

10/31/2017 c3 SlytherinQueen020
So I kind of noticed this after reading the first chapter of your story. The thing that I noticed was how eerily similar the Lily, James, and Severus first meeting was to the meaning between Harry Draco and Ron. I'm saying this because if you reread the first book you'll notice how Harry and Draco were having a conversation Draco told Harry his name and Ron made a rude comment at Draco. Draco then insults Ron and then the next thing you know Harry comes to the defense of Ron. This meeting and the first meeting in your story between Lily, James and Severus were almost identical and then you think about the fact of how the friendship between Lily and Severus are also kind of eerily similar to Harry and Ron as well. Case and point Ron was Harry's first friend that was magical same as Severus was to Lily, and then you have the fact that Severus like to keep people away from Lily the same way Ron like to do with Harry. Ron also betrayed Harry the same way Severus betrayed Lily only in different ways. The only difference between the two is that Harry forgave Ron and Lilly never forgave Severus. That being said I'm really enjoying your story I love how this new chapter show the first inklings of feelings that Lily and James have for each other and I really like the fact that you're giving us more info on the type of person that James was and all of the different type of interests he had and the type of friend that he was because no one ever talks about how good of a person James was then we talked about how good of a prankster he was or how he was an amazing Chaser they never talked about how good of a student he was or how he became Head Boy or how he was an aurour. or anything like that. I also like learning more about Lily because no one ever talks about Lily in the story and it's also interesting to learn more about Harry's grandparents and the type of people they were. Hopefully we'll get to learn more about Sirius and and his relationship with his dad and also learn more about Remus, Peter and their families. Eagerly anticipating your next chapter. Ciao
10/31/2017 c3 3ObsessedWithHPFanFic
Seems the everyone is redeemable has been a continuing theme with Albus for a long time. Hard to imagine going to a school with so my hate involving blood issues. Good chapter and thanks for sharing!
10/30/2017 c1 Bryan
Good start but you need to stick with one character’s thoughts. We see you jump from character to character without giving an appropriate break. I don’t mean use the “Character POV” line every time but separate the sentences when you are changing one character’s thoughts.
10/30/2017 c2 Random Hero
Can't agree with you more about the Snape vs. James debate. All through the books we how how tunnel vision Snape gets when it comes to disliking someone. Yet just because he has some creepy obsession with 14 year old version of Lily we're supposed to forgive him and act like he's the greatest hero of all. His patronous is a doe because he has an obsession and lust for Lily, not because he loves her. People completely ignore the fact that he was willing to have her husband and her infant son killed just so he could have her. How disgusting is that?! Then people sit here and bash James because he was a jerk to someone who was also a jerk back to him but then actually made real changes in himself to be a better person. Some people are just dumb.

Anyways, I really like the story so far! You have a good writing style and the dialogue flows pretty well. I like that you're skipping through the years because stories can get bogged down and boring when too much time is spent on the early years. Lots of people really struggle with writing 11, 12, 13 year olds and write the whole story like the characters are adults. Story is interesting so far and I look forward to future updates!
10/30/2017 c2 ObsessedWithHPFanFic
Seems the war between Snape, James and Sirius started at the start... Thanks for sharing!
10/30/2017 c1 ObsessedWithHPFanFic
Fun first chapter and an interesting view of Sirius's home life as well as Petunia's attitude towards Lily. Thanks for sharing!
10/30/2017 c2 kamacho
I personally love James , people make him out as a bully when we only got him from the point of view of a bully , it is mentioned that he did grow up and we all saw that he was willing to sacrifice himself for Lily and Harry to live but sadly he didn't have his want to delay Voldemort , many people just hold him on an event from Snape point of view when it is clear through out all of the books that Snape who calls James an arrogant bully and keeps antagonizing his son who never knew his father .
10/30/2017 c2 SlytherinQueen020
I'm really loving this story so far. That being said I completely agree with you about the James situation. So my thing is and I kind of feel like people forget this is the fact that Snape himself said that he knew that Remus was a werewolf. So let me understand this your worst enemy comes to you on the night of a full moon and asks you if you want to see something interesting and you go with him knowing that one of his friends is potentially a full grown werewolf? How dumb can you be. People also forget that this was Sirius's idea not James and when he found out what was going on he immediately ran to save Snape's life. Also and it really pisses me of that people forget this is the fact that if Snape owed James a life debt than wouldn't he be obligated to warn James about Voldermort coming after him, James and Lilly. Not to mention the fact that he told Voldermort to only spare Lilly. He could have easily told Voldermort to spare James and Lilly and only target Harry, but he never planned to honor that debt. That alone makes Snape a sack of crap in my book, and the fact that J.K. Rowling tried to make this spiteful petty man into a martyr makes me sick. James Potter was a martyr not Snape. Snape is nothing but Voldermort light in my book. Great two chapters can't wait to read more.
10/30/2017 c1 High Lord Protector
Finally! I truly thought you abandoned fanfiction. This chapter looks fairly interesting.
54 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4