for The Long Road Home

9/21/2019 c38 6MSerrada
Really enjoyed your writing, very well done!
8/17/2019 c38 Trewent
goddamn what an ending holy crap amazing ending to an amazing story i loved it thank you so much for writing it
7/27/2019 c38 1Aquamelon008
Thanks for writing this. It was good fun to read, I really enjoyed it, and it’s always refreshing to find good writing on
7/24/2019 c38 TheQueenofErynLagasryn
this is my favourite thing.
5/22/2019 c38 6Shian1998
First read this story sometime last year, and have looked through it again a number of times since along with your other Stranger Things fanfics. Reading them all again now and finally reviewing, sorry I haven't done that before now.

Absolutely fantastic story! Really loved reading this! Stranger Things is one of my favourite shows, and this was a great tribute to it. Loved how you managed to use all these different characters and keep them all in character, though I also love how you particularly focused on the relationship between El and Hopper (my two favourite characters in the series, loved how they developed a father-daughter relationship last season). I enjoyed the way you explored various themes such as how the adult and child groups work with each other, as well as how certain characters would be affected by or would react to certain things, such as the effects of Brenner brainwashing El or El forgiving Hopper's initial betrayal. Also liked your author's notes where you talked about these various topics.

Very much enjoyed the way Hopper's and El's relationship evolved over the course of this story, and how they gradually learned to better work with one another, be more honest and avoid previous mistakes. Glad that despite his paranoia (which was mostly justifiable if sometimes a tad overboard) he was able to slowly let her out into the world once it became safe enough. Loved how over time El gained more of the traits someone her age normally would (such as talking more, being more of a smart ass and more sassy, etc). Glad they became more honest with each other about certain topics like Kali, Brenner, Terry, and Hopper selling her out in season one (fully agreed with how you explained why El initially distrusted him, eventually took a chance and then forgave him, as well as how she'd be more likely to accept moral flexibility than other characters). When they discovered Brenner was still alive, I think they made the right choice about going ahead with their plan to bring El into the public, as they made a good point about it being more difficult to cover up her disappearance if more people know her. Liked the way they outsmarted Murray Bauman with the missing kid issue, and when Hopper stopped him from revealing El's powers to the public and told him to ask Kali instead (wonder how Kali would respond to that kind of request from Bauman). Really loved how the ending of this fic paralleled the season two finale with El repeating Hopper's words to him.

Happy with how they managed to help El catch up in time to go to school with them by the time she got out of hiding. The tapes the kids made for her were a great idea. Completely understandable that El would've struggled in her first try at the tests given how the conditions were to similar to when Brenner tested her. Loved the way her second try was handled, with the tester working with her, bringing her outside for it and bringing a dog. All that would definitely take the pressure off and make it more relaxed.

Appreciated the way Mike's relationship with Hopper was developed, and liked how while he initially believed Hopper was being needlessly unfair, overtime he came to understand that the chief was just trying to protect El and truly wanted to help her, and that the two started to feel better about each other.

Quite enjoyed El's and Will's scenes together. Out of everyone, these two are far more likely to actually understand what the other went through and how they've been affected. I really hope that in season three they have a similar relationship to what they have in this fic.

Enjoyed the way Hopper and Joyce slowly came around to starting to date again. Appreciated how that took a considerable amount of time to get going, as while they did always have a connection each of them was going through a lot, and she was initially still grieving for Bob. Adored how much El shipped them, to the point where she tried to fold a thousand paper cranes to wish for them to get together.

Felt quite bad for Max throughout this, given how she comes from an abusive home. Liked that she tried to stand up to Neil, yet you made a good point about how realistically, a child likely wouldn't be able to get the upper hand over an abusive parent. Glad she at least got some time to get away and see her true father, and loved how protective all the gang are of her. As for her mother, I'm not sure how I feel about her. I get that she feels helpless to stand up for herself against Neil, yet she should be at least trying to protect her daughter rather than justifying her husband's behaviour.

Glad El and Max became friends quite early on (thanks Hopper for pushing them into resolving their feud). Enjoyed their conversation during the sleepover, and liked it when Max gave her those books and later the sand and picture of the beach. Loved it when El got back at Neil for hurting Max, first with the tree branch then with the coffee.

Greatly enjoyed this story! Love this show, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming new season. Had you seen the trailer for it, and if so what did you think of it? Also what did you think of Suspicious Minds? Personally I thought it was quite good, and enjoyed learning more about Brenner's, Terry's and Kali's backstories, and I'm looking forward to the next couple novels.
12/7/2018 c8 53CalvinHobbesGatsby
This story is amazing so far, I can’t wait to finish it
9/21/2018 c38 4mugglemom2
Oh my word, I loved this! Especially the ending- all the feels!
9/11/2018 c38 3Movie Riggs
Fantastic ending! Felt like it all paid off.
9/11/2018 c38 my-secret-garden
The ending, the ending! The last line. What an beautiful callback. Just, this whole chapter was a beautiful way to wrap things up, I couldn’t help but smile all the way through. Once again I don’t have the right words to describe how amazing it was, but maybe one day when I reread it they will come.
In the end I just wanna say: Thank you. A million times thank you. For writing this story, for being so careful with this characters, for taking care of details, for making me laugh, for making me cry. I hope you are too happy with what you achieved. Who knows, maybe we’ll see us again once season 3 comes? Until then, have a nice autumn and all the best for the future.
9/8/2018 c38 18darthstormer
Aww, what a sweet ending to another great chapter. I loved the "soap" conversation.
9/8/2018 c38 tabitoo
Love this story...it is and was amazing. Please...continue...you are so talented.
9/8/2018 c8 GryffindorGirl07
Aww so good!
9/7/2018 c38 1candy95
This was a great chapter! Wrapped everything together really nicely. I’ll be looking forward to reading more stories from you!
8/2/2018 c37 tank03
Murray Bauman has made me nervous since he first showed up. I'm fairly certain Hopper will do whatever is necessary, legal or not, to keep El safe from Bauman.

Looking forward to reading how you resolve this exceptional story-thanks for sharing.
7/22/2018 c37 Guest
This is amazing I feel like I’m reading season three,please update.
274 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »