for Alone (A True Story)

6/12/2018 c1 3BlenderChicken
Dear holly,

You are amazing, you are loved, you are so strong and brave for putting your story out there like that. If you ever need to talk, you've got a friend in me. I'm only thirteen, but I'm like my friends' therapist already so...I hear about stuff like this a lot. This brought tears to my eyes...it's so nice to finally hear a story like this with a happy ending.
-BC
1/17/2018 c1 8Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom
If it's any comfort, HollyAnne1084, I have anxiety and gave up hope, too, although my struggles were different than yours. As for the PM's, let me guess, someone said you broke the rules because you detailed a part of your life? I did that too, in "Controlled by Fear", so did a friend of mine in "Driven by Fear", so do a lot of other writers. If someone can't handle tough subject matter, that's the individual's problem, not yours. It's certainly not like you didn't warn your audience about what they would be reading. I'm sorry that your parents got divorced because of your dad's poor coping skills and that you got bullied in school. My dad had poor coping skills and I was bullied when I grew up, too. I'm relieved that your life is better and that you're getting the help you needed, it took me a long time to do that, myself.
12/13/2017 c1 7Swalker2000
Wow, this was...very sad to read. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that horrible stuff, it must've really sucked. Glad to see everything has got better for you though. Fanfiction really helped me through some bad times as well, so I'm happy to see that it worked for you just the same. I also have to commend your writing style, it was certainly impressive. Best wishes for the future.
12/4/2017 c1 2LilacPetals21
I haven't been able to leave a review and for that, i apologize .

My... i had no idea you had been through all these problems. I'm so sorry to hear that.
I'm so glad you are feeling much better now. Please, don't let the hardships of life affect you and your mind. It gets better. It truly are so many people who love and care about you. Both here and in real life.

If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to talk to me. you know can always count on me Holly. :)
11/24/2017 c1 1Tripledent
Wow, that was a very moving true story. I am so glad that things have gotten better, both for you and your dad. You and your Emotions have really put a lot of effort into matching up what was happening in your Headquarters with what was happening outside. I've gone through some tough stuff in my life too, it definitely feels good to know I'm not alone in this and other people can think life sucks at times as well, but they and we can get through it... I'm pretty sure this is one of the things the movie was saying.
11/23/2017 c1 35Justin Bonesteel
This one-shot is indeed based on a true story! Wow, you had to go to kindergarten against your will. Not even your emotions were that one bit excited about it! I liked how you described your emotions and I'm surprised that Fear is the leader. I cried when your mother told you and Brooke that she and your father are getting divorced. The worst of it all is that when your father got arrested for drunk driving. After you went to see "Big Hero 6" you saw the teaser trailer for "Inside Out" and that's how you became obsessed with it. I now understand why you hate middle school.

I became relieved when you couldn't bring yourself to commit suicide. I know you hate staying with your dad because you had to go to church with him. Don't forget that I'm here for you. There's always someone there for you.
11/23/2017 c1 31iHateFridays
Oh wow, I didn't realize you'd been through all those problems in your life... you told me you'd been anxious at one point but I didn't know about all this! I personally relate to having anxiety (and depression) at school. I still suffer from it now.

I'm really sad to hear about your suicide attempt :( I've had some dark thoughts before and I haven't done some very nice things to myself and others in the past. Your emotions were really well-portrayed, by the way. Fear is the leader of my emotions, too. I'm glad you're getting better now and so is your family. As long as there are people who care about you, you'll be okay.

I'm not the best at being sympathetic, but I hope this suffices. You're an awesome friend and I believe there's a lot available for you in the future. Have a good one :D

~Ponystories
11/22/2017 c1 CNBW
Oh my God.. that made me so sad. I'm very sorry you had this experience, I do like that one line, "It's basically Satan telling you that death is the best thing to do". Man I could relate so much here..
Wonderfully written story! :)
11/22/2017 c1 5Orangebird124
Oh, yes! I remember you telling me about this one-shot and look, it's based on a true story! (Sadness: A true story? That's very sad.) (Joy: *to Sadness* You do know why this one-shot is sad, do you, Sadness?) (*Sadness slowly nods her head*) Wow, you didn't want to go to kindergarten but you had to and even your Emotions weren't satisfied with kindergarten! (Anger: *shouting* Boo, kindergarten!) (Disgust: Yeah, kindergarten is for little kids. We already know what one plus one is, what a cow says, what the sixth planet of the galaxy is and we can already sing the alphabet!) (Joy: *singing* A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O-) (Anger: *annoyed* Joy, will you quit singing that song?! It's getting on my nerves!) (Joy: *giggles* Sorry, Anger, but I just can't help myself!) I liked how you described your Emotions and I had no idea that your lead Emotion was Fear. I thought it was Sadness or Disgust. (Fear: Why am I the lead Emotion?! I don't even know where to start!) Wow, your mom had to go to North Carolina so she could see her niece graduate and your father had to stay home with you and Brooke. (Anger: *angrily* Why is it so unfair that you couldn't go to the graduation ceremony, Holly?! WHY?!) (Sadness: *sniffles* I cried softly when your parents got into a big fight.) That was also nice of your dad to make you a PB&J sandwich for dinner! See how caring he is to you? (Disgust: PB&J? *gags and runs off*) Disgust! Sorry about that, Holly. Anyway, I found it very tear-jerking when your mom told you and Brooke that they were getting a divorce and that you guys cried. (Fear: *gasps loudly* Wait, what?! A divorce?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This did not just happen!) (Sadness: *sighs and sniffles* I'm afraid it did, Fear.) (Fear: And the worst part is that your dad got arrested for making bad choices and then ended up in prison!) (Joy: I don't mean to sound O.O.C., but this really is a sad story.) I especially jumped out of my seat when that Darius guy sent you an inappropriate picture on Instagram, but luckily, you reported and blocked that guy, so I'm very proud of you! (Anger: *growls* THAT GUY MAKES ME SO MAD! *grabs an axe* I'D LIKE TO CHOP HIM OFF WITH THIS! NOBODY DOES THAT TO HOLLY ANNE LOFTON! NOBODY!) Aww, I felt bad for you when you started crying after that. Oh, so after you went to go see "Big Hero 6", that's how you decided to start an obsession with "Inside Out" and you're so lucky that you got to see "Inside Out" twice! I also understand why you don't like middle school and you did an awesome job explaining this. :)

Holly, I can't believe that you ran out of "Joe's Crab Shack" after you saw your father! (Disgust: *to Fear* Nice going, genius, you made Holly run out of the restaurant and you got her grounded for the rest of the freaking day!) (Fear: It's not my fault, Disgust! I did that because Holly wasn't used to being someone that went to the penthouse before!) (Sadness: *crying* That was cruel of you, Fear! Hold me, Joy! *cries deeply into Joy's arms) You know, I didn't cry when you tried to commit suicide, but I was very shocked to see you try to do that. However, I'm very glad you didn't. (Sadness: *sobbing hysterically* Oh, Holly, please don't try to kill yourself! We love you very much!) (Disgust: *seriously* You love me as your favorite character! Please don't do something like that ever again!) I know you didn't like staying with your dad because you had to go to church with him, but I'm very happy that he was able to comfort you and I've always liked it when he called you, 'Hockster'. (Joy: You should be thankful that you have us as your friends.) I'm so happy that you're doing better and I loved this true one-shot and I would read it again. (Anger: And Holly, if you ever have to worry about those haters, come to us and we'll do our best to take care of that problem for you.) (Sadness: We're all here for you, Holly.) (Fear: We're here to support and make sure you're okay.) (Disgust: Don't forget, Holly, you are amazing and everybody loves you very much.)

*Sends you a massive hug*
11/22/2017 c1 18Svinorita
Dearest Holly,

It is so brave of you to open your heart and share your painful experiences with everybody. Your story made not only me, but also my mom cry :(

If we could, we would give you a massive hug and take you on a nice girls lunch out! I commend you for letting all that pain out in the open and sharing with everybody, because there will always be some people who will criticize. But a lot of us also have painful experiences (myself included) so we understand where you're coming from.

Rules or no rules, in my opinion this story deserves to have a place on this site. Because like you said, it could happen to anyone! And I always live be the rule, that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Thank you Holly. I hope you consider me as a friend because there is a big place in my heart for you :)

Svinorita
11/22/2017 c1 14StarNerve
While self-inserts do breach the FF rules, I bloody couldn't care less.
First of all, albeit unrelated, I apologize for not reviewing your previous stories. Give or take me seven hours and I will do it.

Second of all, I do feel you. I'll spare you the details of anything personal in this section but long story short, I relate. And I especially relate to the whole online friend thing where the person you may be talking to might actually be a pedophile or psychopath in real life. That's why I have such high standards of who I consider a "friend". Luckily I consider you as one of the people I do trust online. And I'm so glad you're getting your driver's permit! You've accomplished way more than I have, I'll give you that. Be proud of yourself for what you learned to overcome thus far.

But most of all, I'm so glad you mustered your courage to finally tell your family about this problem. I assure you that you will get the help and support you deserve from your family and your friends, whether it be us or people you're close with in real life.

If your father truly supports you as the way you portrayed him in this story then you don't know how lucky you are. And don't give up hope. There's still time to get help and not all is lost. I can even recommend online counselling even if you're from a different country. Trust me when I say this because where I'm from I occasionally visit this: it's called BeyondBlue and it's top priority is to help people suffering from mental illnesses - anxiety, depression, suicide - you name it!

This is the most I can do to help. I'm only an online friend and the most I can do to help is send you virtual support... and hugs. But one thing's for sure I know you can get through it. You're a lot stronger and better than you think. Keep in mind that it might be raining now but it can't storm forever. There's still hope and no matter what happens, hold on to it.

We love you. -massive virtual hug-
11/22/2017 c1 6lordhaxsupreme
I must say Holly, that this is a touching story. Having had to deal with similar issues myself, I understand all of this stuff that you've been through, and I hope that your life continues to get much better from here on out.
It's a shame that nothing more came out of the horrible man that sent you that picture. People like that are sick and twisted, and should be put in prison where they can do no more harm.
Some of my "friends" in school have pressured young girls into giving photos of themselves, despite the potential repercussions later on in life for both parties, and it angers me no end. If you ever have something like this happen ever again, call the police, give them any contact details you can find and hopefully get them locked up.
Anyway, love you and your stories, and hope to hear from you soon!
11/22/2017 c1 8WriterofBliss