FanFiction.Net
for Fairy Tale Magic

4/18/2018 c6 14elizasky
I do love a good John Blythe. He is in top form here, knowing more than Gilbert gives him credit for, deploying his dry sense of humor. Gilbert burbling his joy to his dad was very sweet — like he was just overflowing with it. The hair on his jacket made me laugh — he's missed his calling as a private investigator! I also liked the little peek you gave us into the future, with the hair and the watch fob. Personally, I could do without all the Victorian hair things, but they were way into it, so I guess we'll have to respect their traditions. Though having read this soon after the zombie invasion of Avonlea, I am not sure I am quite prepared for what AUs may come, what with talismans and hair clippings and the undead.

Ugh, Mrs. Lynde. She is such a bad winner. Can't she let anyone else get a little glory?

Now I'm afraid Anne is going to start doubting herself because she read Gilbert's letter as friendly and reserved. I'm sure she can be as aggressively neutral as she pleases, all the while seething. You have teased us with the promise of the last letter she sent that summer and I am eager to see what it says!
4/18/2018 c6 19Alinya Alethia
Well, it certainly didn’t read like this gave you trouble, though I sympathise. Anne often confounds me to. John diving that evening in a look was lovely. It said so much both about his relationship to Gilbert and the memories he has of his own past. He does a fine combination of reading and offering advice, and I’m glad yo have sewn some of him and Gilbert together.

Anne’s confusion really is classic Anne. As are the myriad concerns pressing upon her. Rachel Lynde and those turnovers makes for grand comedy, and very Rachel-esque detail. This also justifies Anne’s stubborn insistence that she and Gil are onky friends. She can’t really take the lead without being declared ‘forward’ by the universe, and while I don’t think Anne generally cares about the universe, she might when the possibility if rejection is on the line. And Gilbert, bless him, is trying to hand her the reins. It’s a fine tangle they’re in, as ever, and I’m looking forward to hook it unravels.
4/18/2018 c6 AnneFans
I thought Mrs. Matilda Pitman was RoI not AotI? Other than that, this chapter was superb and I do sympathize with your difficulty writing Anne.
3/24/2018 c5 Jxuan
Nicely written! Can't wait to see how they progress from here. Eagerly anticipating the next update!
3/17/2018 c5 21hecalledmecarrots
I think several of us have picked up on the idea of Gilbert tasting of Apples. I know I have ;-) so awesome its lovely its in there.

I love he questioned her "Kiss you?"

Wow! The charge is there between them and you know, you know with Gilbert the kisses will be good, because even the avergae kisser when you're in love are wow and Gilbert by the sounds of things is not an average kisser.

it could be sweet and beautiful! Because he is!- This is how kisses should be! (as Fred says later Atta boy Blythe!)

I loved they kept on going back for more, like they couldn't get enough of each other and it was all so sweet, Gilbert didn't get rough, they were intertwining they were connecting and you wrote the encounter so beautifully!

I loved his Herculean efforts! Go Gil! *whopping sounds*

I loved how Fred and Diana saw it.

And it left Anne all weak in the knees and tingly! That's how its done Blythe ;-)
3/17/2018 c4 hecalledmecarrots
First off, I love that scene between Gilbert, Charlie and Fred! Seriously five yearer and 'taming' Anne?! or "Less volatile", yeah Gilbert's not into that!... And that Red Medical book "I'm sure those graphics are all the information he needs." Oh Burn! I freaking love it!

Gilbert's story and their unspoken understanding. It speaks volumes that all they need is a look. Its so sweet and so reassuring,

Ops I wrote about him telling her about earvesdropping int he previous chapter its in this one... never mind.

Ah Gilbert ever the gentlemen and poor Anne! She has not had good kisses before, poor baby girl,

And you know something, if Gilbert was my best friend, I'd want him to kiss me too...
3/17/2018 c3 hecalledmecarrots
I loved Gilbert's speech, Its always fun when there anecdotes in there.

josie, josie josie, she just doesn't get there's only Anne, does she?

Go Fred and Diana! Kiss kiss right in front of everyone.

I can't believe he admitted he heard! What a sweetheart in admitting it!

Ah Christine! Learning to dance in Paris?! Its funny he's frustrated by it 'perfection', but of course for him she is not 'perfection' no wonder he couldn't keep up with her line of thinking!
3/17/2018 c2 hecalledmecarrots
I chose a sucky time to review! The servers keep going down!

I love the cream cake disaster!

And that brushing of his thumb, you know its such a real feeling and I love the description of it, and that button!
3/17/2018 c1 hecalledmecarrots
first off, I didn't see this when you first published it, and I couldn't sleep last night so I was scrolling and I found it and read it all at once! I didn't review it because I was so tired I couldn't bring myself to write anything so here I am.

But I'm going to review it chapter by chapter.

Gilbert Blythe eavesdropping! You little terror! But you got to love him, I love the little insight of girly conversation between Anne and Diana and I love that he finds now that she doesn't 'love' Roy.

and yes, you know everything with the touch, shivers, literal shivers!

I am so excited!
3/16/2018 c5 6Darcy.E.Taylor
Ah! This is everything I hoped for and more! Keep up the good work!
3/15/2018 c5 Regina56
The first kiss was written so beautifully and tastefully. (No pun intended.) It took up a good part of the chapter but the details were so believable that I could visual it while I was reading. Don’t know how far you are taking this but I’m enjoying it immensely.
3/13/2018 c5 Astrakelly
Now that's what I call a kiss
3/14/2018 c5 AnneNGil
I love that your husband acted these out with you! What sacrifice ;-)

I love Fred and Diana catching a glimpse of Anne and Gilbert's kiss. That was delightfully unexpected!
3/14/2018 c4 AnneNGil
Omg! Charlie giving wedding night advice to Fred? I almost lost it! Lol!

This is a fun read!