for Steven Universe: and the Hunters of Arcadia

1/16/2018 c2 15Superfan44
Looks like we've got another good chapter for a story that is off to a good start, and it looks like things are slowly starting to heat up here. I like the way you portray Jamie's interaction with Steven, acting like it's another typical day, but we can see that he is hiding his worries after his recent meeting with the Janus Order. It makes me wonder how things will go when Steven and the others find out Jamie's secret. This also seems to take place after Steven escaped from the Gem homeworld, with the mention of Connie not talking to him, and I hope that you'll have them reconcile here like they did on the show; in fact, I hope we get to see Connie join in on the action here. I also like the way that Jamie reminds himself that he is over his crush on Garnet, but still sees her as a friend and is desperate enough to learn about Gems in hopes that he can escape from the Janus Order (no matter what it takes). The one thing I would point out is that from the episodes of Trollhunters that I've watched, is that sometimes we see the eyes of changelings, in their human forms, turn yellow, and here you implied that Jamie's eyes turn red in his brief fit of anger. Other than that, I think you've done a great job with this, and with a few hints on what Jamie is planning on doing, I can't wait to read what happens next. So, please update soon and keep up the great work.
1/12/2018 c1 Superfan44
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed by what you have so far, and after thinking about it, I think these two properties would cross over together very nicely. The reveal that Jamie the mailman is a changeling and a reluctant member of the Janus Order is an interesting connection you created between these two worlds, and I'm curious to see how else the worlds of Trolls and Gems will connect in this story. I'm also excited to see how the characters will interact and play off one another (for example, I can imagine Claire and Connie getting along nicely, and the interactions between the trolls and gems should be interesting). Not to mention, your writing style feels very I can't wait to read what happens next, and I shall eagerly wait to see what you have in store for our protagonists. Please update soon and keep up the good work.
47 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4