for The Demon earns his keep

4/2 c1 Guest
Amazing! Can you rewrite the Halo TV series please?
5/17/2021 c1 Cooldude
Tracking devices? Internal or in the armour?
9/26/2020 c1 10Just a Crazy-Man
Nice
4/9/2020 c1 AJ
I am still not convinced to be honest with THIS fight scene...I know that 117 will win with better training and experience but the fight should have been more drawn out with Locke managing to put up a challenge and some hits.
Anyway it's still good
2/12/2020 c1 Marcus
Oh man, this was GLORIOUS!

It's like Chief is actually tutoring a bunch of rookie Marines how to fight, then fighting another SPARTAN!
12/7/2019 c1 14Garuda1178
Love watching II's dominate IV's.
1/18/2019 c1 Axccel
I love this.

Also, something always bothered me: This is what should have happened regarding the Spartan II creation.

Random Dude Named Steve: "Doctor Halsey?"
Halsey: "Yes, what is it NOW?"
*Steve cringes, he deserved it*
Steve: "Umm, about the Spartan IIs. Why don't we use adults?"
Halsey: "For the nth time! It's because children are still growing!"
Steve: "Why don't we use growth hormones in the adults as the augmentation progresses in cheaper stages instead of a massively expensive accelerated process?"
Halsey: "...Shut up Steve."
*Halsey walks away*
Steve: "Ah! Wait, where are you going! I didn't do it!"
Halsey: "To call Lord Hood! I just...had an idea. Yeah..."
Steve: "Oh! Is it about using dirt-cheap gene-therapy like the early colonists had to make anyone a perfect match for the Spartan II augmentation thereby allowing for a one-hundred percent survival and success rate of the procedure and the ability to use it on the very greatest and most loyal soldiers of the UNSC like the surviving Orions?"
*Halsey briefly pauses, then keeps walking*
Halsey: "Why YES STEVE! IT IS!"
*Steve shouts a final reminder to Halsey*
Steve: "Don't forget to suggest that he use the same incredibly cheap flash-cloning and memory copying process you used to create Cortana for creating all future UNSC Smart AI so they can be easily and cheaply mass-produced!"
*Doctor Halsey raises a single finger in his direction and keeps walking*

See, these three points (growth hormones, gene-therapy, and how Cortana was made) always niggled at me. Because they're all cheap (or at least cheaper), easy methods of mass-producing everything that just one of each successfully teabags entire armies.

Also, R.I.P. Steve. Because no one gets away with one-upping Doctor Halsey.
1/18/2019 c1 thedarkwolf95
I mean the math and science were obvious, A Spartan 2 is superior to both 3 and 4 and a Spartan 3 was superior to 4s
8/4/2018 c1 2CapitalClassShip
Now this is the The Spartan-II Master Chief we all know and love and how should have ended the Fight in Halo 5 against Locke.
3/14/2018 c1 Guest
Thank you for writing this. It's quite refreshing to see that there are still fans of Halo who understand the difference between established cannon, Bungie's original intent and overall lore and the dumbing down and repeated retcons of a video game franchise to make more sales.

Also, the "fight" between the Master Chief and Locke was motion captured, meaning live actors were recorded then digitized in post-production, that was why it looked like they were equal in strength and speed. Which is absurd even WITH 343's retcons.
2/22/2018 c1 1the brown cow
AWESOME
1/6/2018 c1 Justiciar Alem'Yara
This is great. Honestly, I just love how you captured quite how little a chance Locke honestly should have had of winning that fight.
12/28/2017 c1 halobeast-117
This is so much better than the actual scene used by 343i. A S-II is far superior to a S-IV, and I was legitimately upset that they allowed Locke to land a blow on John.
12/27/2017 c1 2Sparta49
At the moment, however, Chief saw an opportunity rather than an actual threat. If he could gain control of the device, it would be easy to immobilize his opponent and leave before the other three Spartan IVs above could interfere.

Not if Chief, when. Also i find it funny how the others are just standing there like, jump him you fools! Won't do anything but still!

All this without, the famed "Spartan Time."
12/25/2017 c1 shydes528
I feel like this is one of the most accurate depictions of a S-IV trying to take on an S-II anywhere. Every time I read an fic that has any S-IV even landing a real hit on a S-II I just kind of chuckle because there's such a massive gap in augmentation, training, and ability that I feel like a single S-II is worth more than a whole Fireteam of S-IV's if not more.
16 Page 1 2 Next »