for The Hogan Zone: Elogium's Warning

1/2 c1 85mrspencil
This is fascinating…layers and layers built up and falling away until Burkhalter’s hope that this was dream or film set or hallucination was in shreds. Comeuppance in a chilling and very detailed set of scenes….I saw others as having more to answer for than this character but this worked well…Major Hochstetter’s appearance was particularly striking as was the notion that you cannot move far enough away to escape the past. Well done:-)
1/15/2019 c1 76snooky-9093
I read this and didn't review! Shame on me. This is apropos since I'm binge-watching Supernatural at the moment. In order to converse with my two adult daughters. I had nothing to do while recovering from cataract surgery and seeing double for two weeks. (well I had a patch,but reading was difficult) But anyway...

Love the story progression, and as usual, your dark, twisted sense of humor. Hell is in the eye of the beholder. So glad you posted and I hope to see more from you in the near future.
1/3/2019 c1 35VST
Hi, 80sarcades,

Here from the Forum XIIIc 2018 Reviewathon. I really enjoyed your story!

It was an interesting take on punishment due and punishment dispensed. There were enough clues that it didn’t take long before I suspected something close to the reality of the situation but it turned out to be far better than I could have imagined. The pace at which information was revealed felt just right to the point where Albert learns what has happened.

Once he finally reaches punishment time, I couldn’t help but laugh at the absurdity of his situation. Someone once said that the worst hell was the one of our own making; Albert couldn’t have created a worse one for himself!

Finally, I don’t mention them often but in this case the author’s notes were an interesting and humorous supplement to the story.

Thanks for sharing your story.
2/18/2018 c1 1Carla210
That's not all we can do...
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
Romans 8:1
1/7/2018 c1 61Signy1
Fascinating. A very incisive dissection of a fairly one-dimensional character. You gave him a good deal more depth- no redeeming qualities, of course, but depth- and it was an interesting concept.
1/3/2018 c1 73dust on the wind
I don't think there's any other writer who can send a chill down the spine like you can. This story is an absolute corker - creepy, unsettling, tinged with dark humour. In spite of your footnote I don't see anything inconsistent with canon in this grim version of Burkhalter - he's certainly convincingly unpleasant. As for Death, his amused condescension is a perfect counterpoint to the increasingly angry bluster of his victim.

Albert's final fate is almost too cruel!

Well done, and it's a joy to see your name over a story again.
1/1/2018 c1 ColHogan
Happy New Year. And what a great way to start off the new year with 2 stories by one of my favorite authors. Well done, my friend.