for Disconnected

3/3/2018 c4 135Scoobyfan4ever
Oh, dear. Beware, Ben. What's going to happen?
3/3/2018 c3 Scoobyfan4ever
Oh, I know who's coming. Preapares for their arrival by punching their picture repeatedly Whew okay, time to read.
3/3/2018 c1 Scoobyfan4ever
Very, Very cool
1/5/2018 c2 Dream
The concept sounds lovely.
1/4/2018 c2 Fyoucapslock
Oh wow, this is different! I like it, please continue! I wonder how Velma ended up where she is... It kind of has an Alice in Wonderland kind of feel.
I will say I enjoy the epic journey kind of stories more if the main character has an active role in how they play out, rather then a passive one. Otherwise it turns into a list of things that happen to the character and there’s no real development. What kind of person was your main character, what brought them to whatever sort of trial they have to endure, what kind of person are they afterwards? Flawed people are relatable.
If you are going for horror, it doesn’t have to be blood and overt nastiness. Good horror is simply unsettling, where it looks normal but it’s off just enough to bother the subconscious. Makes a story memorable, too.
The best and most enduring stories take well known tropes and turn them on their heads a bit, and that looks like what you’ve done here. You might look up the Hero’s Journey trope on google, if you’re interested.
Hope you had a good holiday!