for By Any Other Name

5/25 c1 Guest
That was unexpected! I liked it a lot. And Bashir not only escaping on his own, but finding Garak too was a nice touch. The elements were seamlessly described to where it flowed beautifully. I hope you continue writing. You have talent.
7/17/2020 c1 28Iniki Melset
I enjoy "dark" because of the subtexts, the many alternatives that the reader can imagine. This story offers any number of possibilities as to what role Bashir will play.
6/17/2018 c1 Bookwyrm
scary, but good.
5/16/2018 c1 58randomplotbunny
I could so see Julian doing what Khan never could, and on a Galactic scale too. All he needs is the right motivation. :-)
1/9/2018 c1 16SilverChrysanth
I really liked this one! You did a great job building up Bashir's "death" in a short few paragraphs, and until he showed up, I thought he actually was.

I also like how, for a moment, Garak probably thought he was the same or that he understood who Julian truly was, until Julian said his first name and jarred his whole perception and might even make him reassess what he knows about the good doctor. And of course, he goes right back to his usual, casual self a moment later.

I always really enjoy your ending lines, as they're a good close to each chapter or story, and this one certainly didn't disappoint :)
1/4/2018 c1 11summerartist
It reminds me of that other fic you wrote that I liked with Section 31 Julian. Nice!
I like how the usual common terms of courtesy in our language seem new and different all of the sudden with Garak reading them. They are hollow courtesies indeed, just like the way every species communicates in Star Trek. I hope the new writing spree is fun. :-D
1/3/2018 c1 3The Tystie
Dark, yes. But anything with Section 31 in it is going to be dark...isn't it?

This Julian is the more mature man we see at the end of the series, rather than the light, bright soul at its beginning. But there is hope in here that he is resisting Section 31 and is trying to escape from whatever net he is tangled in. And, yes, Garak is probably the only person who he can trust to help under those circumstances.