for A Little Bit Of Hope

9/22/2019 c1 AntonioDeltrese
Why can Nico manipulate dreams? I thought originally it would because the death God Thanatos and Hypnos he God of sleep are brothers, but Nico is a child of Hades, not Thanatos. Great story by the way. :)
5/25/2018 c1 Guest
Woah, I'm jealous
1/10/2018 c1 60shiiki
First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you for writing something just for me! It was so sweet of you to offer to write me something in return; I really hadn't expected it! And sorry it took a while for me to get to this—I wanted to give it my full attention, but it came out when I was away on holiday!

Anyway, you did a good job! When I thought of the prompt, it sprung from that bit where Percy dreams of Annabeth in SoN, but I just realised that it probably wouldn't have worked with TLH timeline-wise, to kudos to you for making it work in spite of my mess up!

I liked the development of Nico's abilities, like a foreshadowing of what he's able to do by BoO, travel in dreams and all that. I liked how you had Annabeth scouring every source of information possible to find an answer—she definitely would. I liked your description of Annabeth's inability to fall asleep—very realistic. It's always that little jerk back to consciousness when you're trying to doze off, isn't it?

Nico bringing her hot chocolate was nice touch, and I didn't realise until later what he'd done, so that was a nice little surprise!

I liked how you wound back to what Percy smells like to Annabeth—the first mention earlier on, and then later in the dream. It's my favourite thing to find details like that in stories that tighten sections together, so yay! Also, that made it more powerful emotionally, the way the smell wasn't enough on its own, needing the actual person to link it together.

(Also, I learned a new word! Spicket—we just call it a tap here, and I think 'spigot' would be a technical term in the plumbing industry. It's fascinating to find out all these language differences … and something to file away for future use … thank you!)

So—question. Do you think Nico would be powerful enough to mess with Hera's magic? Just something that occurred to me while reading the bit about the hoodie materialising from the dream (another little detail I enjoyed).

Thank you again for writing this!

PS. Whoa, snow storms! We've only had like, three days of snow so far this winter, and it only stuck for two of those days. East Anglia isn't a particularly snowy place, I'm afraid! Not like you guys across the pond.
1/4/2018 c1 2FellowBookReader
Awwwww Nico was so sweet and thoughtful.
1/4/2018 c1 1MakeAWishCuzTodayIsTheDay
I love it! I wish Rick had included something like this in his books, but that's why we need stories like this!