for Welcome to the Dragon's Den

1/8 c19 Uday Sra
Awesome. Please update soon
1/7 c19 Masterx01
"Thus, Kiba was the one best suited to snoop around, and if things were to end up in a clash, he would fight and eliminate the threat."

Mighty confident of them to believe that Yuuto could deal this issue when Iseei knocked Sona's peerage only with using his aura.

Given the pressure that Sona - a high class devil - felt from Iseei, this was a foolish idea.

""Well, fuckā€¦this isn't good." Issei stated, seeing one catatonic Tojou Koneko crying silently while staring at him from her seat on the floor."

Welp... Seems like Kuroka is going to be improvising that explanation far sooner than she thought and Iseei better begins to think how to run damage control before this blow into a clusterfuck. After all, there is only so much you can bully Rias and Sona and if he goes too far their respective siscons may ends up getting involved in this mess...

Well, this certaintly felt better than the last version much more smooth and nice, although a bit weird on how Rias decided to deal with this given that Iseei has proven to be both apparent powerful and resourceful enough to live under their noses with none being the wiser to his apparent power beside being a complete unknow.

Sure, they are still young and with much to learn but i would have believed that Sona, being the most calm tactical minded of the two, would have cautioned more about this and how to approach Iseei. Dealing with powerful unknows is dangerous business and snooping around their things is liable to cause them to take action.

Well, thats all. Thanks for the chapter.
1/7 c19 1noobarta
I think it flowed great. The thing I love about your story is how it emphasizes dragonic traits Issei has but also keeping him as an independent who doesn't bow down or let others take advantage of him.

I'm really looking forward to when Issei runs into Vali and how their natures clash. Like how Vali crossed an imaginary line by endangering his mate. Look forward to future updates!
1/7 c19 hiraishin101
Well, cat got into the house and now the secret's outta the bag, I guess it's time to blow this gas barrel wide open.
1/7 c19 Fox O violet
Way better than the last chapter. Good job.
1/7 c19 Daxington
100% better, keep up the good work.
1/7 c19 DrZeta
Yes, this flows so much better than that other chapter. It feels much more in line with what you where building on as well. Good show and I hope to see more of this excellent work.
1/7 c19 Guest
Excellent chapter!

In the previous chapter (17 ?) Issei got provoked and pushed back and immediately after realized there may be some repercussions to that. Funny thing though, after Tiamat and Co left for parts unknown, it turns out HE is the big fish in Kuoh. I guess being in some hairy situations and having fought pretty strong people, he was able to develop a little humility and remains aware there are still more dangerous things than him out there. I guess he's about to enter a new stage in his life and start to assert his (presumably benevolent) authority.

Not much to add to Kiba's segment. He did his job to the best of his abilities but a lack of information caused him to underestimate his target and get bodied.

Rias and Sona's peerages appear to assume that Issei is some kind of supernatural being under cover rather than a human with a sacred gear and that seems to have pushed them to approach him as they would a threat (identify, quantify and, if necessary, eliminate). Maybe Issei could use that to obscure his abilities? In my previous review I'd mentioned that deception would be a poor start to a relationship (working or otherwise) but Issei's effectively revealed himself to be a player in the supernatural world and keeping his exact abilities hidden would just be keeping his cards close to his chest (something that would be expected even in a partnership, considering it would be just starting out). Since I doubt that Issei, Rias and Sona are going to be enemies I guess this is the arc where they start working together and Issei slowly wins their trust?

The most immediate concern appears to be Koneko. I'd completely forgotten about Kuroka when reviewing the previous version of the chapter and now it looks like his relationship to her may turn into the biggest sticking point in the upcoming negotiations. I have to admit, I'm excited! Poor Koneko though, she's going to have her world turned upside down in more ways than one. A part of her seems to have instinctively recognized Issei as a superior predator and actively fears him (not to mention his use of Senjutsu!) so I hope he takes extra care to make her comfortable around him and help her. What can I say? I'm a sucker for fluff and that kindness could help the rest of Rias and Sona's peerages accept him.

I'm going to stop here, since this is turning into wild guessing of the plot rather than a review :P
Needless to say, I enjoyed this. More, please!
1/7 c19 SSFalseHopeAndrogynousWarship
This chapter felt a lot better, than the latter one. Practically perfect.
1/7 c19 OechsnerC
Awesome update. Really enjoyed reading this chapter. Looking forward to reading more.
1/7 c19 Guest
Now this is a dragons den chapter! Definitely the chapter that's shows more of isse espically after he stomped cao-cao
1/7 c19 Ghost of the Demon of Razgriz
Much better, way more in character, the character you've created. The original chapter seemed like you feel into what I've read many times, create your own story for Issei, make him different, stronger, better trained, confident, yet somehow have the OG crew stronger, more important, and end up almost making Issei subservient to them for seemingly no reason. Glad you noticed and fixed it, it wouldve been a shame to build up this great version of issei only to practically throw it away just to seemingly take the easy route and follow cannon timeline. Keep up the good work, cant wait for more
1/7 c19 Jehu
Now this is what I'm taking about,issei's actions make a lot more sense, but why is the chapter soo short? I get your probably busy with other matters but damn it's like you're giving me crumbs of a 5 star meal. Love this story, please let the next chapter soon
1/7 c19 1Dead Ends
Nice!
12/19/2021 c19 AdrianVnz
Maybe try to write something different, like a new Duty chapter!

I just really like the setting you have for that story, almost a shame we can't see the rest of the world you created there.
384 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »