for Calamitous

6/21 c16 Sassychimpanzee
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! What happens next? This story is so unique and thrilling, I love it so much.
5/29 c7 Terracotta Tortilla
Christ, this story is full of angst. I'm reminded of the lack of communication skills so many people seem to have.
5/9 c16 DessertChan
We're in the home stretch now ladies and gentlemen
4/29 c16 dragonball256
Holy cow that was amazing, so we are finally in the endgame with this chapter can’t wait for the next one
2/22 c15 1Sassychimpanzee
Ah! I need more! I have to say, this is the first time in a long time that a fanfiction has captured me so intensely. I read through all of this in one night. I know it's been a while, but I hope you update soon! The tumultuous relationship between Link and Zelda is so captivating. I just can't wait to see what happens next!
8/20/2021 c15 soccermm231
This is was one of the best fanfiction i have read hands down and i really hope you continue it! Good Luck!
7/22/2021 c15 4SoaringxDragon
This is such a rollercoaster of emotions, I don’t know whether I love or hate it more.
7/21/2021 c15 bryank97
amazing to see another chapter, well done!
7/20/2021 c15 dragonball256
Wow, idk what to say but what an epic return for this story, and an evil cliffhanger. Can’t wait to see how they get out of this predicament
7/18/2021 c15 2-Years
Things are happening! Things are happening!
Yesssss.
Ohoho, I should not be this delighted by Link and Zelda having even more catastrophic problems to deal with- seriously don’t read into that I actually want a happy ending despite appearances- but Ganon has finally arrived and I’m so excited to see what happens!
Really Embyr, you are outdoing yourself.

(Now for the promised explanation.)
As you are so frequently saying- I am in fact alive! I am also VERY sorry for disappearing for ages. This fic just is a lot more…well, more than what I typically read. You put so much into it and I don’t know how you manage, it’s amazing. Anyway, I kinda needed a breather- and then you took a breather and my brain went, “well, why not keep procrastinating on finishing this then?”
BUT I wasn’t taking a full blown break exactly- I just kept taking so long in between chapters (and it made me feel kind of guilty) so I decided to make a note of what I thought of chapters as I read them and then post them all at once. Except, like I said, I lost the ones for 10 and 11 and so I kept putting it off even longer but then you finished chapter 15, so I said to myself “Look! Embyr got it done, just write what you remember and be done with the procrastination!”
All that said I very much enjoy Calamitous (I just tend to forget that between chapters) and I’ve been reading your tumblr too, (much more consistently) and I love all your other projects (An Inconvenience especially)! I’m excited to see how they all turn out!
Oh also, I lost the password to this account months ago and have just been keeping the tab open until I was up to date with Calamitous, and then was going to move to Ao3. But I saw you said there’s probably only a few chapters left, so would you prefer I wait to close the tab until they’re out? So all my comments on Calam. are in one place should you ever want to look at them again? I don’t mind keeping it open AT ALL if that’s what you prefer.
7/18/2021 c14 2-Years
(Exasperatedly delighted tone) Again with the word smithing!
Angst, a proud sponsor of PBS K- WAIT wrong channel!
yES the King is being sEnSIbLe loving and appreciating his daughter tHaNK YOU!
Hm. That was both more and less climatic than I expected. Or rather I suppose I was expecting lots of magical battle climaxes and you did emotional confrontation climaxes which is good, very good, because if they realize that now it makes for ~opportunities~ during the action climax soon! What are those opportunities and when will they arrive? Haven’t a clue and if my last two reviews are any indication, I also won’t guess correctly for when they happen but I’m certain you’ll do it justice!
7/18/2021 c13 2-Years
HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT DESCRIBING THINGS IN WAYS THAT MAKE PERFECT SENSE BUT REALLY SHOULDN’T!?
I don’t have that many ways to say your writing is beautiful and I’ve already used like all of th- YOU DID IT AGAIN!

Hopeful tone: Oooooh...?
*a minute later*

Okay... that was a different kind of drama than I expected, which is good-but I find the ending suspicious...and I still think there’s going to be something going wrong.
7/18/2021 c12 2-Years
Have you memorized all the names in the map from playing so often or did you have to look them up? Bc I’ve been playing for like a year and I drop all over the map but never really pay any attention to names besides towns and regions, so props to you if you do.
I like that you remembered Cotera should be around and peppered her in. Also Zelda’s anger felt different this time...I think most of the other times it was more irritation and that’s why it doesn’t last as long- but this time it’s more serious.
Wait no- I was thinking of how she always tries to stay angry so long it becomes petty. It just took her longer to get to that stage this time.
I also think I’m noticing that the more time Link spends with Zelda, the more human he acts...*cough*. Hey look Zelda agrees!
Awww Yiss, relationship progress! Ooh I love these dramatic idiots.
7/18/2021 c11 2-Years
So I read 10 and 11 awhile ago (I will explain that and a few other things in my chapter 15 review) and I sort of lost what I wrote about them but just assume I thoroughly enjoyed them. I do remember that I enjoyed seeing the other champions interact with each other, and I think you’ve done an excellent job portraying them. Especially Revali and Mipha, because I feel like I never see them interacting-but I also haven’t been looking, so that’s on me. (It makes more sense after your Miphvali Week-I thought you were hinting at something.)
7/16/2021 c15 3Jane Keybored
Gah! Puking up malice… seems fitting for that horrible stuff! It’s really how I would imagine it would come into existence.

I just love the hot/cold, back and forth that goes on between Zel and Link. Seems like she’s in some real hot water at the end of this one! Just when Revali is arriving with the flame so they can hopefully fix Link for good…..!

Also, lol, I had to “define: petrichor” … good word! Your use of language is just beautiful.
246 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »