FanFiction.Net
for Out of the Shadows

2/19/2018 c2 15wickedshenanigans
Freakery. Lol. This is exactly why I love things from (your) Flack’s perspective!
It was an effective building of suspense in this chap, all of us waiting along with Flack for something terrible to happen, then relieved (or disappointed... no? Just me? Okay...) when it appeared that nothing would happen after all.
I was kiiinda cheering for Flack to confide in Stella about his dream, just to hear her reaction - she’s probably more of a no-nonsense type than Flack!
It was sweet how suddenly his mood shifted when he thought they were in the clear, and of course his mind immediately shifted to food, lol. But, oh, oh, they are not in the clear after all! So sneaky none of us, not even Flack or Stella, saw it coming! How is it going to go down this time? I can’t wait to find out!
2/16/2018 c1 brureginatto
I LOVED! You're a great writer!
2/14/2018 c2 FrithBlue
Noooo, Stella! :O You're not going to kill her AGAIN, are you?! (I don't think you would, but I'm still a bit scared!) I really liked how you built the tension all through this, with things being different and then the same and then different again.. it was very intriguing and tense to read!

I love Flack and his eternal quest for food. And his nosiness about Stella and Mac's relationship - I laughed at him considering recruiting Danny to be his spy on the inside!

Then, again, noooooo! I really loved how you had the injury coming unexpectedly like that after they thought they were safe, and it being similar-but-not-quite to the knife attack. And I loved how many tiny details really built up the whole scene, just things like "I crunched across the broken glass" as background description. And then CLIFFHANGER, glad to see you're still a fan of those :D

I'm waiting anxiously for the next installment now!
2/14/2018 c1 FrithBlue
(I have completely lost my login information, it's been so long!)

Oh goodness, reading this is bringing back so much nostalgia! What lovely characters. And it's such a fab idea to do a 10 year sequel to your first fic, which I always remember SO clearly with its fantastic images. This is nicely mysterious with just a hint of being creepy, and I'm as intrigued as Flack about what's going on...

Sorry this is a bit of a short review, but I'm too impatient to go read the next chapter! :D
2/13/2018 c2 132hushedgreylily
Again, so beautifully written - I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through the chapter, waiting for something to go wrong - you're getting the readers brilliantly in touch with this weird stuff Flack's going through... And another reason I love this story so much, can't wait to see more of it, is that it is quite so weird... I don't know what the hell is going on, it's a completely original piece! Looking forward to more!
2/12/2018 c2 KSPerry
Great chapter! Nightmare coming true. Now Flack has a lot motive to be scared. Could he prevent the worse or not? Interesting that you went inato the two roads: he could be totally scared and nothing happens or everything he dreamed about could happen. You chose both.
2/12/2018 c2 8Strandstorken
I LOVE THIS! :D :D Especially Flack planning to do detective work and recruiting Danny to be his eyes and ears. :P

Also, like I've said before it's amazing how you've managed to have all of the urgency and intensity of the small struggle just fade out perfectly in the end, and have everything just kind of stop for a moment.
Actually the rhythm of the entire chapter works really well, with the worry and confusion at first changing to relief and Flack feeling really happy, which you, of course, cruelly ruin. :( :P
2/6/2018 c1 15wickedshenanigans
Lily! I’ve been meaning to send you a message, because I recently started rewatching NY and of course that led me straight back to fic, which of course led me straight back to YOUR fic! And I just wanted to tell you how much I still love your stories and how brilliant they are to read, even after all this time :) This fandom is incredibly lucky to have you!
It was so great to revisit this story, and I must now stoop to begging, because oh boy, you cannot leave it there! I mean, you are going to continue, right? It was fun (in a mean sort of way) to see Flack the no-nonsense tough guy have to deal with the sense that something is going on that he can’t understand and that frightens him. I would love to see him deal with the fact that he had an actual prophetic vision, and how he would go about trying to stop it!
Anyway, thanks for your writing in general, and I’ll keep hoping for this one!
- the ex-Miss Poisonous, in case you have no idea who I am!
2/5/2018 c1 Cheryl
Lily:. It has been quite some time since I have had the pleasure of reading one of your stories and this one is off to a great start. And it is easy to understand why Flack would have his doubts about deja vu. It dies not seem that he would come easily to the whole concept. I will be looking forward to your updates.
2/5/2018 c1 5Advazzz
"Busted. Damn forensic scientists."
Hhhh just love when he does that!
Another amazing and tense story...following of course!
2/5/2018 c1 8Strandstorken
Sorry it took me so long to get to this, I wanted to have proper time to read it again. :)

I absolutely love it, which you know, cause I've told you... A few... times. :P This chapter works really well introducing the story - and Flack, of course. Ending it on that feeling of unease Flack has is perfect! :D

Oh, and I LOVE how you changed it so Mac and Stella ended up going to the game alone. :D Flack's teasing is brilliant. :P

Earl Greyson still makes me laugh. XD
2/4/2018 c1 4SMackedCaskett
Oh boy, can’t wait for the next chapter!
2/3/2018 c1 KSPerry
Great fic, Lilly! Best way to celebrate 10 years. Poor Flack! After the trauma of Angell's death, the feeling that something very bad is going to happen is awful because you feel powerless. Something is not right but you can't figure why because... It's just a feeling. You're unable to prove anything and you don't know if it's going to happen, and it's even worse when you work basically with facts.
BTW, waking up from a nightmare in a room full of co-workers... Oh, my!
2/2/2018 c1 171Crowded Angels
Oooo nice starter! Looking forward to more. Loved Flack getting flack for falling asleep, bless. And Mac Ann's Steaks taking in a football game!
2/2/2018 c1 132hushedgreylily
Ten years is a scary length of time, right? I'll be 11 years in April :O :O :O I'm not gonna lie, I was all: lily moonlight wrote it, I probably read it, let's go and check... (sure enough, from looking at the reviews I did read it - sorry I wasn't the most eloquent of reviewers in those days, now I ramble on for longer than anyone wants me to)... and I had to have another read of it to refresh my memory, but I'm so glad I did, because having just recapped Walk Through The Shadows I felt a little bit like I was having the deja vu with Flack! Am very interested to see where this goes from here...
166 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »