for Into the Fold

5/8/2020 c3 Ginger713
Sooooo glad that Newkirk has admitted how useful that Carter is and will be to/for the team. And the others saw a part of how helpful Carter can be when he got Newkirk home after he had been shot. Carter is a great team-player, and he has earned his spot on the team.

Enjoyed the story! Thanks! Please write MORE Carter stories-thanks again!
5/8/2020 c2 Ginger713
YES! Carter comes through when it counts! Newkirk needs to start believing in him now! Way to go, Carter! Newkirk's nightmare of his sister and Carter's brother getting together is too funny!
5/8/2020 c1 Ginger713
Newkirk needs to remember that EVERY member of the team has strengths and weaknesses. He is HYPER-aware of Carter's right now, because Carter is new. LeBeau is little, so there are places that he cannot go, because his height/size would be a liability. Kinch cannot go outside, simply because he is black. Hogan needs to be careful where he goes, because he could be recognized. Newkirk loses his temper/patience too quickly. So, Newkirk...don't judge Carter for being human and having weaknesses, when everybody has them as well. A good team works around the weaknesses and strengths.
9/26/2019 c3 80mrspencil
The characters are all so well handled here. A joy to read:-)
1/15/2019 c3 71snooky-9093
Love this story. well-done.
1/15/2019 c2 snooky-9093
This chapter begins with such beautiful imagery, and then unfolds in a brilliant way to showcase Carter's personality and talents.
1/15/2019 c1 snooky-9093
Great start. Hogan’s reminder to Newkirk of the questions regarding Newkirk’s character was a good way to move the story firward; mending Newkirk will ha echo get over his annoyance and mistrust of the new recruit.
12/31/2018 c3 25L. E. Wigman
I adore this story. You were able to show exactly why Newkirk had his doubts - Carter's inability to remain quiet or still - but in the end exactly why Carter fit in. You showed Carter earning Newkirk's trust and his spot on the team. My favorite part was how easily Andrew switched personae between his fun loving self and Abwere officer, it's so remenicent of the series with his Hitler impersonation. Great tale; well done.
12/30/2018 c1 L. E. Wigman
Oh, what a good start and I'm looking forward to reading the rest. I love the realism of Newkirk’s (I think logical) distrust. I love how you made sure that Newkirk is still aware of the line between him and the Colonel; but also that Hogan isn’t working on just his authority of rank. He depends on his men and they on each other, if the mission is to be successful then it has to be - pardon the phrase - all for one and one for all. Fantastic ;)
11/24/2018 c3 23Tuttle4077
This was really well done. I enjoyed it. Carter's klutziness would make anyone wary of working with him. I'm glad he proved himself.
10/22/2018 c3 30Abracadebra
I went back and re-read this, and I have to say - I just love this story. As compact as it is, it does a brilliant job of illuminating several characters: Hogan, resolute in command but always compassionate toward his men; Carter, a puppy dog on the surface but a Rottweiler when the mission demands it; and Newkirk, all raw instinct and skepticism, but quick to give credit where it's due. Can we talk about this last chapter and how tender and sweet it is, and yet how credible? It does not fall into the trap of becoming sappy or saccharine. Hogan is clearly worried about his corporal, but maintains an aura of breezy confidence. The balance between description and dialogue is well nigh perfect. I could visualize almost every movement the characters made, however small and painful! You are such a superb writer and I enjoy your work so much. One tiny thing you may want to brush up: In the fourth paragraph, it should be "Just WHEN I was..." although I read it twice before I noticed the typo!
7/2/2018 c3 7Aileil
First off, I loved that you had Hogan refer to 'Andrew J. Ruddy Menace Carter' like it was his actual nickname there at the end. Also, I think you did a really balanced job on your character work. It can be very hard to write characters having doubts about each other without clearly valorizing one side and subtly shaming the other. Here though, Hogan can see Newkirk being stubborn about Carter and Newkirk can see Carter's potential short-comings as a spy and yet all of the characters come off as reasonable, capable, and lovable. (Also, Carter is able to demonstrate his unique skill-set without Newkirk having to suddenly grab hold of the idiot ball to give him a chance; this I appreciated).
I guess the long and short of it is that I am pleased you handled the characters so skillfully while giving them a lovely adventure for us to share with them. Thank you kindly for your work.
3/1/2018 c3 1NickTonyK
Good story!
2/8/2018 c3 117katbybee
Great job! I loved the conclusion of this tale...Good handle on Newkirk and Hogan in this part...Awesome! Thank you for sharing...
2/6/2018 c2 30Abracadebra
You are an awfully good writer, and I really enjoy your style - very controlled, excellent description, great use of dialogue. This story is tense and exciting and I was glad to see a second chapter! I also laughed and momentarily channeled John Cleese (was I supposed to do that?) at "just a flesh wound." I generally dislike the portrayals of Carter as "a kid," but you've done a nice job addressing the fact that he's actually NOT that young, he's just a greenhorn. (To me, he has never looked young AT ALL compared to the rest of the cast - I think he's just played as a bumpkin, which is a very familiar character type from that era of TV sitcoms. He's the Gomer Pyle of Hogan's Heroes.) I also really liked the deft way you brought Newkirk's prior conversations with LeBeau and Kinchloe into his head. Great work, and I look forward to more!
19 Page 1 2 Next »