for Mentordora Tonks

9/8 c9 Guest
Love it - great idea, well developed.
Thanks for sharing
9/5 c9 Kuman
Very interesting story so far. A shame it appears to be abandoned. I hope you come back to it
8/18 c9 DarkRavie
7/23 c9 Caver Floyd
Good story.
7/6 c9 1clover cat Klee
I love the idea, and I can already tell that this Harry will grow up quite a bit more grounded and with a...rounder personality. Even just learning that his parents were flawed, because they were real people, now as opposed to in year 5 will probably help him grow as a person. And I quite like this Dumbledore, since he is manipulative but not evil, and I can occasionaly see how that might be his intentions in canon and stuff like that. The idea to keep the obstacle path was great!
4/17 c9 10TheLoud
Thanks for the fun story. I liked the obstacle course.
3/15 c9 RillaBlythe
I LOVE this! So, So much. I’m always trying to find fics where Harry stays with the Tonks family, but I’ve only seen a handful. This one is well written so that makes it even better. I hope you come back to it someday.
2/3 c9 1Calmzone1
A friend of mine has a very old copy of ‘The Language of Flowers.’ Yes, those are the descriptions. It was pretty interesting to teach the kids parts of it. Well done, am loving the story.

Hope you are safe and well during the Pandemic and having time to write.
11/10/2020 c1 Guest
The fact that Tonks said that it’s an obstacle course and fun ruined this entire story. Makes no sense at all for her to know all of that. Please stop writing trash and unfortunately you don’t know how to not write trash sooooo how about you stop writing lol
10/3/2020 c9 23EdTheBeast
An interesting story. Would continue reading it, as it involves one of my favorite girls. Dora, Luna, and Hermione. So when second year happens, it will be interesting if Harry meets Luna.
10/1/2020 c9 Helene Nightfire
I love this look into the life of the Tonks and what a daughter of the house of Black thinks is basic knowledge. I also think the garden gathering scene was fantastic!

I believe much of the appeal of this chapter is because I regret not having the same upbringing as my mother got. Her generation knew a minimum of English, French & Latin with all of them knowing enough German to get by when traveling or hosting guests and my uncle knows 7 more languages well enough to muddle through a conversation. I felt very uneducated when listening to them at a gathering where the conversation kept slipping into different languages to express opinions about one thing or another.

History of art and music and the skills to paint a decent landscape or portrait and entertain guests on piano or violin was all considered basic knowledge. I wonder if that would translate into talking portraits for a wizard? Wasn’t there an animated doodle during class? If they’re doing that for fun what about assignments where they ‘show their work’ with a moving map of the goblin wars? I do love your take on Wizarding Wireless! Excellent addition.

Other than table manners and speaking properly my mother raised ‘free spirits’! It sounds like a better childhood but retrospectively I have to say a good grounding in what is possible provides more options for making better informed decisions.

Anyway. Lots of fun! Thank you. Hope you have the time and inspiration to share more stories.
9/23/2020 c5 Spidersauce
Dumbledore all but admitted to Tonks that Harry is his puppet and she had to play nice to have access.
I see you're going the straight up evil Dumbledore route in this story.
9/23/2020 c4 Spidersauce
Really disappointed that you made Harry take his cloak off simply to force a confrontation. Could have made Quirrelmort hear Harry, or any number of things. But making Harry stupid to force a plot point is really weakI mostly like your story so far.
8/26/2020 c9 Ratus
I do so hope you will write more on this story.
8/13/2020 c4 Denz-El
This IS a good chapter! :D I'm really loving this fic! :D All the little changes that occur due to Harry approaching a distant relative in his first year. The little improvement in his friendships. Oh, and the self-adjusting obstacle course is a brilliant take on the Stone's defenses! :D

I actually read this after having already read a few Harry/Tonks stories, and I gotta say, I actually prefer Tonks as an older cousin/sister type than as a romantic interest. Yeah, I may be a bit of a stickler for canon ships, but I also LOVE wholesome family stories! :D Can't wait for Harry to meet Andi and Ted! :D

GOD Bless, Keep Up the Good Work, and Keep Moving Forward! :D Amen! :D