for The Locket

2/24/2018 c1 15CAPJHMPAgirl
Aw, this story was sweet. I haven't read a songfic in a long time, so it was a nice change of pace. I love the relationship between Eda and the farmer, so it's nice to see a story centered around it. I'm glad Eda passed down the locket to Annie. It helps make their relationship more concrete and special. If this story hadn't been written for the short and sweet prompt, I would have loved to have seen some more details about Eda's relationships with Sam and Annie.
2/18/2018 c1 14Halidom
Aww, this was adorable and so sweet, my eyes even watered a bit.

The way you executed the song fix was very nice. I've read a few before that without the lyrics, the story couldn't old itself together, but your story could stand alone without them, which makes the lyrics a nice touch.

Nice job!
2/14/2018 c1 10The Princess Maker
Aww, what a great Eda story!
2/13/2018 c1 38Lucy Kay
Aw, this was so sad! I've never heard this song before, but I'll be sure to look it up.

For all of the time Eda gets as a grandmother figure to the main character, I rarely think about what her life was like when she was young. This is a nice insight to that.

It makes me sad that this feels like it's alluding to the end of Eda's story, but it's bittersweet. I like that she'll get to be with her Sam again, and I like the idea of Annie keeping the locket long after Eda's gone. Mementos like that can be so important.

Thanks for writing!
2/12/2018 c1 43Durotos
This story had a sweet nostalgic feel to it, and Annie bonding with Eda was really cute.

At the beginning of the story, I noticed that you slipped into present tense a couple of times. They should all be kept in the same tense. I also noticed a typo: "She sighed to her" should be "She sighed to herself".

I'm not sure if there's a locket in the game (I haven't played it), but I read this story a couple of times and couldn't tell why or when Annie had acquired the locket. Moreover, when did Eda give this to her? A little clarifying this at the end of the story would help it flow better as well and keep the readers from getting confused.

I haven't tried writing a songfic before, but I this has good potential. I think you could get away with using fewer lines of the song and adding more to Eda's memories. That being said, I'm glad you decided to write about Eda, she's really sweet and cute in this. Thank you for participating in the prompt! :)
2/12/2018 c1 89SaoirseParisa
Awwww. Now this was really sweet. I agree, Eda definitely deserves more love. Good job!