for The Last Couple on Earth

9/2 c1 ironhair
Nice :)
7/24 c1 haphazard1
An interesting take on time travel limitations, and a good story. A more positively influenced Ron would change a lot of things for the better.
7/17 c1 32unlikely2
Thought provoking. Well told.
7/6 c1 1clover cat Klee
ooh I like the idea of this being a defining moment and Ron having a chance to be better!
4/17 c1 121Kimberly T
Very nicely done!
2/17 c1 147Smithback
prety cool
9/13/2020 c1 S
That was an intriguing premise. Neville also worked with a mismatched wand for years and didn’t turn lazy or develop an attitude like Ron did. Also, this doesn’t excuse Ron’s behavior in anything other than studies (like his near constant verbal assault on Hermione, refusal to develop manners, etc.), but still, combined with Harry’s mistrust of adults, the terrible impact Ron’s attitude had on Harry really cannot be understated. So I can see this Armageddon happening from that perspective. Thanks for this very different story. If you are still active in fanfic, I hope you write a short (or long) harmony piece as a sequel.
8/12/2020 c1 110Right What Is Wrong
...huh.

This is the best explanation I've seen for why Ron started sliding, character-wise. I always wrote it off as 'as Harry got lazier and dumber, Rowling calibrated Ron downwards to make Harry look better', but this is an actual in-universe reason why Ron went from an equal member of the Trio to a second-stringer. Nicely done.
2/14/2020 c1 113dogbertcarroll
I like it. Thank you.
12/22/2019 c1 dude356
It's an interesting idea to think about, Ron's broken wand in 2nd year being the catalyst for his downward spiral. He was already dealing with feeling overlooked by his family and overshadowed by Harry, then his wand broke and nobody took the initiative to get it replaced, so he got stuck with a taped together wand for an entire school year.

Dumbledore could have repaired the wand with the Elder wand, but he probably didn't want that knowledge getting out. One of his teachers, any of his teachers, could have done something about it. He couldn't have been the first (financially) poor kid in Hogwarts history to have broken his wand. I can't help but think that there had to be some sort of emergency fund they could have tapped into to get him a new one. That had to be better than watching him struggle in their classes. Then again, this is the staff of Hogwarts we're talking about.

I generally have no sympathy for Ron, but just like with Ginny, nobody noticed or seemed to care that something was wrong, or they just thought that he brought it on himself and it would be a deserved punishment to let him work with a malfunctioning wand. If the teachers at your school don't care enough about your education at the very least or, in Ginny's case, your well-being at the very worst, why should you put any effort into caring about what they have to teach you? Like I said, it's an interesting idea to think about and not one that I've seen addressed before.
11/12/2019 c1 kimjo2
Fascinating premise. Thanks
7/24/2019 c1 2Diaspared
Harry's 2nd year probably wasn't much better than Ron's. frankly.

Functioning wand, yes, but Dobby was hanging over his head, half the school was terrified of him, and his best friend ended up petrified, all leading up to his having to kill a soul-memory and a thousand-year-old snake, with a sword.
6/10/2019 c1 misteryman526
Force Infinity Timequake!
1/8/2019 c1 37Snaperipper
very cool. I really enjoyed this story and I would love to see the results. Great job!
7/21/2018 c1 Love2read23
Wow! This is really good. A look at the changes that made would be awesome but this idea is so good and you wrote it really well. Thanks for writing.
33 Page 1 .. Last Next »