for The Last Couple on Earth

7/18/2018 c1 Guest
Very intriguing.
7/4/2018 c1 Madminxx
That was a fascinating idea. I'd never thought about the difference 2nd year without a wand must have made to Ron. First year Ron wanted to be head-boy, I never quite understood how all that ambition withered away into apathy. I think I'm adding this to my head-canon.
6/27/2018 c1 kurolothgarian
Now I want an epilogue. Doesn't mean I'll get one, but I still want one.
4/2/2018 c1 17tyrannicpuppy
That was really good. A brilliant what if idea.
3/24/2018 c1 10ALRYM
Nice idea. Really nice - that got me thinking... I think, I actually never considered how bad that experience might have been for Ron.
3/9/2018 c1 bookivore
The other way you can send information to the past that changes how the past runs is if you are very uncertain about the current present (possibly because people are always withholding information and/or lying and your exposure to the world is very limited) yet you are not only convinced that things need to be fixed but that you are a person capable of changing the world. In other words, they were raising Harry to travel in time.
3/4/2018 c1 MagentaMusings
An excellent one shot that I do kind of hope eventually becomes part of an excellent longer fic
2/25/2018 c1 madbrad
Wow, this short tale is made of several wins.

- It turned out, the universe didn't mind the future telling the past what the past already knew.

Brilliant. Had my mind churning. Unfortunately the very next line capsized my assumptions as to where this was going -

- Maybe you couldn't send a soul to the past, or, for example, tell your past self the location of Voldemort's horcuxes.

Oh. I was thinking that, since 'the past already knew' about the horcruxes - Riddle knew where they were, after all - Time would therefore allow that information to be disclosed to others. Rats.

- Except they both loved the bloke -

A nice reminder that the Trio existed for a reason. Something that particularly shone in the earlier books IMO.

- Coming to class and your wand not working was literally a common nightmare Hogwarts students had, and Ron had lived it for a year.

What a great idea! (And an excellent sop to Ron lovers. :-))

- His preaching likely enough hadn't done any good, but he'd delayed them long enough, and that was what was important.

Heh, the actual goal was tangential to the information transfer. Fooled me! Great.

I looked at your profile ... what is 'ESL' please? Just curious.
2/22/2018 c1 SomeGuyFawkes
"Well," Mr Weasley exclaimed. "This is the perfect opportunity to give this baby a proper shakedown cruise!" As he bustled them into the car, he added, "Come on, boys, well follow the train from the air. Get a good view of the countryside..."
2/20/2018 c1 7jaythekoala
That's actually a really good point with Ron's wand. I've never considered it before and I don't think many have.

I think the story works well as a vignette, really. It's either this or make a full novel out of the idea, and that's one heck of a commitment.
2/15/2018 c1 eraser.time207
Neville survived 5 years with a mismatched wand
2/15/2018 c1 49Polydicta
Nice.

A shame it won't become a multi-chaptered behemoth, though.
2/15/2018 c1 109otherrealmwriter
This was a pretty good fic. Would make an interesting multichapter story
2/15/2018 c1 3desireejones99
a really amazing time warp thanks
2/15/2018 c1 Guest
Ron's broken wand was elementary for them surviving the Chamber.
33 « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »