FanFiction.Net
for Sound Of Silence

3/19/2018 c1 71Tanith2011
I can imagine how scary it must be to lose your hearing or to comfort someone who lost theirs. Loved the last scene - the dialogue so true to the characters of the show. Well done! It looks like you're on a roll with the stories so keep em coming.
3/13/2018 c1 67honu59
Although I have not seen this episode, I enjoyed reading this ending. It must be so frightening to lose one's hearing. And just as amazing for it to be restored. I'm sure that Steve will be watching over Mike with extra care for a while, as you've said. Good job!
3/12/2018 c1 26Lynn's Stories
Thanks for the nice AU story ending. Happy endings are the best in my book!
3/12/2018 c1 Helenem
Great story, I love that last line! I love Jeannie, sometimes you sort of have to lose it a bit, but then you take a deep breath and move forward. My mother is profoundly deaf, even with her hearing aids she hears very little. I constantly have to explain this to anyone she deals with who doesn't know her, they think she has dementia.
3/12/2018 c1 JEM
Liked this idea, adding a what if! Adding to the story. Liked the episode with Jeannie getting frustrated not being able to help her father before his operation, and,Steve ever the optimist keeping cheerful by still having cake and ice cream for his birthday, but still worrying like mad underneath.
3/12/2018 c1 Nans
Thank you for Sharing this WCHH if "Deadly Silence"
A great insightful into WCHH after the operation.
Glad that both you and Mike are hearing.
"And the bullpen" brought a smile to my face.
Nans
3/12/2018 c1 Amanda England
Well done on writing about hearing loss ! I say this because I am deaf and wear hearing aids and the number of people who think you are stupid because you are deaf is unbelieveable. I have struggled with it since I was 4 and I had a elderly friend who has recently started wearing hearing aids say to me I never knew how hard it is to live with hearing loss , I just wish everyone could expirience it for one day so they know what it is like.
3/12/2018 c1 1Sylvia Elaine
I really enjoyed this take on what happened next. Like all the epilogues, you always feel they've jumped and missed a whole section out. You gave us a well-crafted insight into the fears people have after going through an operation, only to worry that it hasn't worked. Thankfully it did for Mike, even if it was a bit delayed, and he's back where he belongs. Great short story. Thank you.
3/12/2018 c1 14Tonyrobbertsen
A beautiful alternative ending. I can understand Jeannie's sorrow. She knows how important his job is to Mike. Steve keeps the hope up his hearing will be restored. And finally it happened. All are exited and I think Mike the most.