FanFiction.Net

yes please continue
11/2/2023 c10 Lavania
Best Bwen fic ever.
8/8/2023 c10 AleenaDandin
Are you planning to write a sequel?
If yes, thn we'll be glad...
5/9/2023 c10 shriramasokan
Kevin Levin (of Ben 10 fame) in DC

This has been a thought running through my head: what if original series Kevin Levin (from Ben 10) was dropped into the DC Universe when he initially took on his monsterous form, like maybe the energy from the Omnitrix threw him into the DC universe. Obviously angry, he would probably go on a rampage because he can’t control his anger being eleven, but what occurs from here? He’s an unknown alien filled with energy from a number of unknown aliens.

Obviously one of the league would be dispatched to stop his rampage, then they would bring him in by force or by talking him down (unlikely, but if it works). I don’t know if they would be able to reverse what has been done to Kevin, but they would obviously try to help him or maybe imprison him for the time being given his volatile state.

He could potentially even be broken free and recruited by villains because he is a powerful asset that can be easily manipulated.

I don’t know. Do you all think Kevin Levin would have much of a chance in the DC universe? Or would he be worse off from where he was before?
I’d say Kevin would be overlooked. His abilities at that age pretty much just made him a less efficient version of Parasite. He could absorb energy and powers of others, but unlike Parasite, him absorbing others powers doesn’t seem to effect them much. Whereas with Parasite, him absorbing powers could possible kill them, but at minimum with weaken them, plus he also absorbs memories and skills. I’d say Superman would be dispatched to deal with him, given Parasite is one of his main foes, then get sent to prison once defeated. I don’t think he’d be broken out by others too often either, since as stated previously, you can just get Parasite.
4/21/2023 c1 kashriramji
Is Gwen Tennyson rly interesting anymore?
GENERAL
Look, I like (or liked, maybe) Gwen as much as you all do. But don't you feel somewhat, tired of her? She is always meant to be the 'perfect child', better than Ben in every way, and honestly, the reason we all love Ben despite his character inconsistencies is because he is a flawed person, yet he tries to do better, be better than who he was, which is why he is very appealing to us as a character.

Because let's be fair, that is us, in real life.

For that same reason, every other major character in Ben 10 is interesting due to the ability to relate to relate with them and them not being, perfect. Kevin, Albedo, Charm caster etc.

Sure, there have been episodes where Gwen has done something out of character for her to do or has a particular arc, but does she ever receive any proper repercussions for it, or does she rly have some flawed reason for doing what she did?

Nope, she is just perfect.

Not that I'm saying that people have to be very flawed in order to be interesting, but still, how else can you make a character compelling when this is who they are, perfect, with seemingly no flaws in them? In the Original Series, she had some personality, making her the most likable version of the character in my eyes, paling in comparison with her other appearances. In later seasons, she is no longer interesting as a character. Fans ask for a Gwen spin-off series but here's the thing, what else is there to explore about her?

In the Reboot version, her and Ben get along very well, and that is a highlight of the series, however there are moments that irk me. Some of you might know my thoughts on this, if you read some of my posts and comments. Gwen, despite doing horrendous stuff (teaming up with the mutated dentist, the Pirouette trick etc..) was never punished for them. If it's Ben, then yeah, sure ground the kid and make him feel abandoned to the point where he joins his enemy for appreciation.

Ben joining the Forever Knight in S3's finale: Roundabout

If anything, I would prefer if Sunny took Gwen's role or if Sunny and Gwen were combined into one character. Sunny can have a prominent role in the series, with her slowly going from arrogant, self-absorbed brat to a kind person and the best version of herself, which is basically Gwen. She could gain her powers like how Gwen did in Classic, in order to be on the same level as Ben as a hero, before realizing the cost and responsibility of that, with her then truly becoming a hero, not for selfish reasons, but to help people, which she enjoys eventually and help her cousin in hero-work so that he won't be burdened by all this responsibility.

Sunny Tennyson

Gwen Tennyson

PS: I admit that my judgement might be off, since it has been a while since I have seen any episodes with her as the main focus, exploring her character. However, the above text is just my general thoughts and feelings about her. Maybe my opinion would change if they explored her character more in a spin-off series and surprise me or if I rewatch the episodes but that hasn't happened.
4/21/2023 c2 kashriramji
But I did?

In Charms way her inability to help Kevin is shown and that she cant help him no matter how she sets off Kevin indirectly since he doesnt know she is trying hard for showcases her flaw of not being able to help her loved one in characters never get such for few eps but Gwen never was the one to fix only happend in AF final her work was more or less a waste but she still tryed.

What little girls are made of showcases how she just isnt fit to leave a world she just wants to experience it how she always be a normal girl and not a energy isnt mentally preperead for that kind of maturety she is still hung up on her grandpas passing.A perfect person without flaws would have already moved on and wouldnt bring it up even a little(I dont mean Ben and Kevin are its just they dealt with it better then Gwen did).

In Apsolute Power I would say its her inability to stop Kevin a big flaw of he couldnt really get tru him mentally like how she wanted plan still worked but doesnt change fact that Ben was more right about how Kevin is at that point.

Also the Lucky girl ep.A perfect character would want more power because they just got Gwen challanges it by being herself and destroying the charms.I wouldnt say its flaw totally but its a character growth of hers.
4/21/2023 c3 kashriramji
Again, you’re misunderstanding what “perfect” means in this context. This is about character flaws. It’s not about her having insufficient power.

She can’t heal Kevin’s mutation because she doesn’t have the means to do so. The fact that she’s trying in the first place is both kind and noble. There’s no character flaws here.

Her rejection of both the Charms and Verdona’s proposal showed maturity on her part, not immaturity. You make it sound like a perfect character would have given into the temptation of great power without considering the consequences, which makes no sense. Gwen made the right and mature choice both times, and the show itself validates this.

The closest Absolute Power gets to showing a real character flaw is the idea that she’s too sentimental to do what’s necessary…until they save Kevin like she planned and the show once again validates her correct decision. Otherwise, she couldn’t stop Kevin because of insufficient power and Kevin’s own insanity. Neither are relevant here.
4/21/2023 c4 kashriramji
The introduction of Verdona would’ve been a great time to show the carefree side of Gwen. Maybe having her conflict between going Anodite or staying human. It would’ve been nice.

Yeah, this could have been used to explore her character more. Yet, they didn't, at some points they just showed the risk of her losing her humanity but there wasn't any weight to it. Missed opportunity there.

And thank you for sharing your thoughts and being open about Gwen's character, instead of bashing me on it despite being a Gwen fan. I appreciate it.

Tbh, even I like Gwen a lot, but then again, like how you said, she is kind of one-dimensional and like you, I wish they fleshed her out more.
4/21/2023 c5 kashriramji
Gwen fan here

Tbh I just love Gwen mainly because her powers and her dynamic with the team. I can say that she should’ve been more fleshed out instead of being the “perfect cousin”.

I feel as though the series mainly cared about fleshing out Ben and Kevin since the fans were predominantly younger boys as opposed to girls.

But I do agree that Gwen is too one dimensional for a spin-off.
4/21/2023 c6 kashriramji
Nah, she has plenty of flaws that were very relate-able to me as a young girl watching the show.

She is a stubborn, hotheaded, busybody who likes to meddle in others lives. She doesn’t like being told what to do, likes coming to conclusions herself as opposed to listening to the advice of others/asking for help (time heals), doormats herself to please others (its not easy being gwen), is insecure (what little girls are made of) etc. She’s also pushy, which both Kevin and Ben have complained about.

Someone else mentioned that she doesn’t share her thoughts a lot, and a couple of episodes wouldn’t have happened if she communicated better. If she told Kevin she was working on a cure for him, would he have been as susceptible to Charmcasters influence? She didn’t share that she was feeling the pull of Dagon.

Granted, most of my examples are from UAF because thats the series I gravitated towards the most, but a lot of these cross series as well.
4/21/2023 c7 kashriramji
Nope, she is just perfect.

Not that I'm saying that people have to be very flawed in order to be interesting, but still, how else can you make a character interesting when this is who they are, perfect, with seemingly no flaws in her. In the original series, she had some personality, which makes at least most likable version of the character compared to her other appearances.

I'm glad you brought up Classic Gwen being better written, cause that was my immediate thought when I had read the title of the post lol

Anyways, I do agree that Gwen was pretty heavily sidelined from AF onwards in terms of development and it's really sad too cause she already had a great character and then it kinda got erased for the most part which is what I mostly focused on. Her being "perfect" never actually occurred to me though, so that's something I'll have to think about to really have an opinion on. Thank you for bringing that up!

Edit: Reddit screwed up the quote block again
4/21/2023 c8 kashriramji

Interesting. I admit, I never rly thought abt those aspects of Gwen's character before, but had the show actually explored it, it would have been amazing and give Gwen a lot more depth to her character. As for the perfectionist part, yes, that idea is brilliant as well, and that Tumblr post had a lot of great ideas in there as well.

In all honesty, I like Ben a lot, not because he is the main character, because he feels like me (except for the GF, I have never had one lol), but Gwen and Ben's relationship is one of my favorite relationships in the franchise, and I would love seeing Gwen explored a lot more than she was in the show. However, since it never happened, my like for her kind of went down, with me preferring the Classic version of the character due to being written a lot better.

On a sidenote, for a Ben 10 Reboot sequel, they could have Ben and Gwen's relationship somewhat revert back to the Classic version, but still retaining elements of the Reboot relationship. I would prefer her to be a tech person, using Glitch, with Kevin joining the team along with Charmcaster, who would be the magic user of the group.
4/21/2023 c9 kashriramji

There is a lot more that you could do with Gwen, for instance, her struggles with maintaining her human self and Anodite form (which was thrown off in OV), or how she became Gwendolyn. You could even explore her dislike for Ben, who receives more attention from their grandpa. Isn't it surprising that we never see Max take an interest in Gwen's powers, even though they are the same as Verdona's! Despite appearing perfect in AF, you could explore her struggles with perfectionism, such as feeling like she doesn't fit in as a normal person. Also, here's a Tumblr post that provides many ideas for a Gwen spinoff. Kevin should also be a main character in the spinoff because unlike other romantic relationships, Gwevin doesn't solely define the characters' entire personalities, which I love. For example, Julie, Easter, and Kai were all mainly focused on Ben himself. I honestly really hate the fact that the show didn't treat or give Gwen the attention she deserved like for example we never got an arc for her, and yes I definitely like her more than Ben. I like your idea of combining Gwen and Sunny into one person, which could explain how she became a kind person in AF.

distinguishedexpertreview/711059630610087936
4/21/2023 c10 kashriramji
What? No. Gwen is really an interesting character. She is trying so hard to be who her parents want her to be! Her grandpa favors Ben! I hated that, at lest in OG and UAF , that’s the case! Max only saw Ben as the hero! You can have more heroes in a running show! Aka: marvel, every hero has the shining moments and then you see them teaming together. Gwen could have been that hero not ben side fighter. Kevin isn’t necessarily a hero, he is more an anti-hero. I know the show is called Ben 10 and should be about ben especially but things can change. Even so, in Uaf they should have went in that direction giving Gwen her shining moments as well, and her grandpa budding moments. You don’t really see that in the show. For this I disliked grandpa max, he comes as sexist. Only Ben, the man, is capable enough to help the world! I don’t see Gwen receiving many credits for her performance. She was told to be the perfect person . She isn’t, but she is trying.
4/15/2023 c1 Azathot