for Frayed Threads

3/2/2020 c1 7Starco4everr
Please continue, it's been almost two years since you published
9/14/2019 c1 Guest
updoot, por favor?
4/5/2018 c1 Guest
Man, this looks like an awesome concept, and I can't wait to see more! I hope that Marco's magic DustBuster/ Mini Vacuum will come into play, because it was just kinda introduced a while back and hasn't really done anything, which I think is kind of a disservice. I mean, it's explicitly run on the exact same thing that Star's wand uses for power (A magic battery thing from Quest Buy), and it seems like it would be useful for channeling any cleaning magic/cantrip that Marco might learn as a result of his Squirehood. But yeah, just the sheer variety of things that Marco can learn under Lavabo is immense. Fighting monsters, because if the Lint Monster is supposed to be the preliminary test to even take up squirehood, there's gotta be some Dangerous things on that room. Magic, as I can easily imagine Lavabo using things like Prestidigitation and Mending in his duties. Maybe even alchemy, to mix up the right kind of detergent or stain remover for the job. Like, Knights of the Wash need to be extremely competent, maybe even more so than the regular Knights, because I bet Lavabo didn't get involved on River's whole "Party for says/weeks on end" thing. But yeah, it'll be a nice role reversal for Marco and Star, as back on Earth Marco was concerned with his responsibilities to his school and friends while Star was trying to learn about magic and Earth, but now Marco gets his turn at an apprenticeship while Star is concerned with her responsibilities to her kingdom and her new boyfriend, Tom.

But yeah, if Marco can, in fact use his magic vacuum to cast spells (which he should, because he can use Star's wand and the vacuum literally uses the same thing to power itself), It'd be nice to see Marco have to struggle to learn it, and have to stretch what he has to the limit, because he's not a super magical princess with an all knowing magical guru at his beck and call.

But yeah, I'd be nice to see Marco using more magical stuff, because Quest Buy is full of magical gear, Marco is apparently the only person to successfully map the place, and he gets $650 in Princess Turdina/Marco royalties a month.

Uhhhh... Sorry if this got rambly, but I guess you can consider it a mark in your favor, that this idea for me to think so much.
4/5/2018 c1 Guest
This is amazing, I can't wait to see more!
3/20/2018 c1 imhere4svtfoe
Have to be honest and tell you that I skipped some portions of the first chapter of your story because it retold the lint catcher episode and some of the dialogue was word for word with the show. I did appreciate the details, very thorough and this was a surprisingly long chapter for a lint catcher plot theme.

The major difference is the choice Marco makes and good for him Another fanfiction has Marco do the same and hopefully he is able to become a knight through the right process in your story.
3/19/2018 c1 2Shadowmaster91
I loved this new fanfic, but I have a question of my own. What if Marco stayed WITH Jackie? What if after Jackie says the "We both know that's not true" Marco began to suffer a small freak out/break down because of how much of a bad boyfriend he was on her and bad friend to the others and how the Knight tittle is usless in Earth (even though River never said that he was a knight. Only if he wanted to be a knight, Marco could call him (this could mean a lot of things)),and really River only offered the position and never gave it to him? Then, after some bonding with Jackie (I don't know, they hug and whatever), Marco decides to cut the act and give back the cape to River. So, Jackie and Marco goes to Mewni (same episode as Lint Catcher), awkwardness with Star, warm greeting with Tom and they go to River and Moon. Marco to explain and give back the "cape" but it is interrupted with the shaming and laughing. Then Jackie interrupts them with something a long the lines of: So, the King lied to Marco. He was leaving without a problem with a hug and the thanks being enough (helping his friend and her kingdom and knowing that they were safe being enough thanks) and River stops him and as thanks for his help he is given a lie and a used and stingy meat blanket. And the other let him (I mean, the meat blanket should have been a known item and he was not being that secretive). Wow. Then Jackie takes the scissors and takes Marco back to Earth, living on bad terms... I love that kind of drama.
3/18/2018 c1 74ADdude
Okay, interested. Most of the changes are pretty subtle and this is mostly set up so I can't really say much for the story. A lot of it is straight from the episode. I can see this as a good start, and it's good to see more insight into the characters. Nice pointing out that Marco would be weary of Eclipsa because of the chapter, I don't know why that hasn't been brought up in the show. I wish you guys luck on this endeavor. I'll be sure to give you guys a shout out in the next chapter of LFLD.
3/17/2018 c1 Kaiser Spartan
Yes! I've been waiting for a story like this to happen ever since that episode! And you've done an absolutely fantastic job creating it. All the points have been touched upon beautifully in a way that remains completely in character. The relationship between Marco and Lavabo as student and teacher is one that I really wished they would explore, but this has absolutely blown me away. I look forward to the next chapter as well as seeing how the main events of the show change with your touches!