for More Than You Bargained For

1/5/2020 c20 16HumanDictionary
I don't know what more you could possibly add to this story; Arnold and Helga became an item without any possible drama/torment/immaturity from their peers who all this time had done the math. Nonetheless, I await to see what lies in store.

Also, Semi-Charmed Life references FTW!
1/5/2020 c20 26The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i
It was about time. Great chapter! :D :D :D
1/5/2020 c20 16starfiction123
Ok ok I'll concede lol I'll never question your genius again lol I was like no way can this be wrapped up all that mess on one chapter man color me supposed this fudge was PERFECT it cut straight to the point it was beautiful we got an encore kids Dodge I can't ask for more this was a joy to read!
12/17/2019 c19 21The Rhombus
It is good to see this story going again. :) We can clearly see both of our protagonists' friends working their magic in order to nudge Helga and Arnold to a long-awaited resolution. With Gerald clearly using standard boys' interests to rope Arnold in, and with Phoebe relying on the mere promise of Arnold perhaps showing up to make her case. Now the plot is in motion as the party approaches. I eagerly look forward to seeing how things develop.
12/16/2019 c19 7AllegroGiocoso
Glad to see Rhonda is willing to be cooperative, though I don’t blame her hesitation in the slightest. I really enjoy reading Gerald and Phoebe’s strategizing sessions too.

I just love Gerald’s smoothness in breaking the subject and making a very convincing case, and handled that curveball from Arnold beautifully. Love the naturalness and how Gerald eased Arnold in like that. Really fantastic shrewdness on his part.

Love watching Helga’s reaction change once Phoebe brings Arnold up, and rich exploration of her doubts and fears. Pleased to see that Helga looks to be in a better mood afterward too.
12/15/2019 c19 16starfiction123
"next chapter will be in the summer"

*Waits till December and screams when she sees an update*

Yeah .. I'm too that point...END THIS WITH A BANG BRO! I GOTTA HAVE IT!
12/15/2019 c19 16HumanDictionary
I get it. Overwork, losing the spark, etc. I've been in the same boat too. I finally just cranked out another chapter of my "What the Helga" fic after four months.

Anyways, great chapter. Updates from this fic is always manage to put a smile on my face.
12/15/2019 c19 40Tsukimine12
Well, this should be interesting ewé
Loved it!
12/15/2019 c19 26The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i
Looks like it worked.
9/22/2019 c18 21The Rhombus
As someone who has been in a situation before where they had to give a police statement for a witnessed incident, I truly feel Arnold's pain here. Even when you are not involved in the altercation at all the system can make you feel like the one being interrogated. The fact that he would not need to take the stand would certainly be a relief.

The exchange between Arnold and his grandparents (and the deflection from any acknowledgement of his issues) and the relative openness between him and Gerald is a nice contrast that is common in adolescent friendships. There are certain secrets and insecurities that one wishes to keep to themselves. Though the news that Arnold shares here is truly news to Gerald. It seems that even if Arnold's reputation might have been buttressed by "standing up" to Frankie, the true hero of the hour still needs to be confronted.

And lol at Phoebe not batting an eye at the acknowledgement that Helga whopped the guy unconscious, but being shocked by the kiss Helga gave Arnold. So now both Gerald and Phoebe know the details... and Rhonda has just provided them with the opportunity they might need to save Helga and Arnold from their own insecurities. Things have gotten very interesting indeed.
9/18/2019 c18 Deepvoice'06
Obviously Phoebe and Gerald are going to invite Arnold and Helga to Rhonda's party, and something really special is going to happen there. Now I understand what you meant when you told me you hoped to do Rhonda's party good when you posted a review in my story LOL i guess we had the same idea. I'm sure you'll do fantastic I have a feeling we might have a little bit of a Repeat Performance of what happened at the other dance, if they manage to make up before the dance that is. Wondering what songs you'll use... I'm still wondering how Arnold's parents are going to tie into everything ,though (And yes, I still have two jobs...)

- DV
9/17/2019 c18 Isabelle
Yess thank you for the new chapter! Enjoying this story alot :)
9/16/2019 c18 7AllegroGiocoso
Well, I can’t believe it myself, but I’m going to try to review this story today too, and then try to get to Catalyst more within the week.

Very enjoyable seeing Gerald’s reactions, and love seeing the change in him come to effect, now effectively giving a green light for Arnold and Helga to be together. Really nice twist to see him being the one encouraging Arnold now, yet also giving Arnold the space to figure it for himself. Obviously Arnold has a deep rut to climb out of, but I’m definitely getting the sense that he’s more and more willing to consider opening his heart …

Poor Arnold in dealing with this! Not exactly what he needs right now. And Phoebe sure has some good insight. Love to see her guiding Helga along as well and seeing Helga’s insecurities even after what she just accomplished. I’m so glad at this moment
Gerald and Phoebe are so close; it seems their actions may make or brake Arnold and Phoebe getting together once and for all.

Love to see our matchmakers in action and put together the pieces so they both understand the full picture. Especially how love the conversing between them of how to carry this out. And wow, Rhonda … You may have just provided the critical opportunity. I wonder what they’ve got planned? One thing’s for sure, it’s got me excited!
9/2/2019 c17 rclarksworld
I’m enjoying this story. I’m hoping that the turmoil that they’ve been through makes reconciliation that much sweeter. I’m hoping for a new chapter soon!
8/6/2019 c17 7DeepVoice'06
Well, I kind of had a feeling all that would happen. Only difference is I thought Arnold would end up in the hospital somehow, with Helga looking after him.

I admit, Frankie being a killer would be something to worry about being believable, but I think if you make him a drug addict, it turns believable pretty quick. Drug addicts will do ANYTHING when trying to get drugs or when they're high. Personal experience talking here. I have family members that struggle.

Anyway, now that Helga's saved his life, is Arnold indebted to her, or are Helga and him just going to call it even? Lol, I would say that the boy is so confused right now. He started to believe she hated him again only for her to throw him a curve-ball. They both obviously still care about each other, but I have a feeling this won't be the last of Helga's love for him showing (next), and a confrontation from Arnold after that (later)

It's funny I never thought about that, Harold working with meat and all. Interesting point lol.

Now, get that next chapter up! I'm dying for Arnold and Helga to talk again!
215 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »