for Drivin' Me Crazy

7/6 c2 37dancerlittle
Awwww it’s good to see the first part in Jack’s POV! Brilliant job!
7/6 c1 dancerlittle
Awwww I love this. Love when fins show Jack as a protective big brother who’s spread a little too thin but always has time for his boys! Awesome job!
6/23 c1 nogoodidealist
I'm in LOVE with this universe and I'm in LOVE with yourpoo writing (also y'know if you were to write more stories in this universe I most certainly wouldn't complain) nice work!
12/19/2019 c2 1PeggyLaurens1
The Brooklyn kids tho-

I FREAKING LIVE FOR THEM
10/31/2019 c2 kitkatlevihampster
This was an amazing story! I loved how you had two chapters for different pov and took us to both perspectives, I've always loved these kinds of stories, I love this book and hope you write more like this! You did a great job! Keep up the good work!
6/7/2019 c2 5Dani3434
a-maz-ing. this fanfic is amazing
1/10/2019 c1 67Phantom Actress
This was so cute!
4/3/2018 c2 3Les Phansie
This was so good and well-written! I liked getting Race and Jack's point of view. I can't wait to see future stories! (And I wonder how many people got the Bixby/Bolger reference) :)
3/26/2018 c2 10SlittingCornorSmores
aLRIGT WHERE DO I BEGIN. Ahhh, okay, so I really, really love how you portrayed Jack in this, and I love how deep his character was. The bits with Spot and Brooklyn were PURE GOLD. I also really loved the extra scenes with Medda and Romeo; they added so much more to the story. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON JACK AND RACE'S BACKSTORY- IT WAS AMAZING. Ugh, I'm fanboying too much to write an intelligent review. This story was just really hecking great, and I thank you for writing it
3/26/2018 c1 7Mickey00
Holy freakin' crap this story is amazing. I literally fist bumped the air and whispered, "YESSSS!" when I saw there was another chapter.
3/24/2018 c2 19unofficialfansie
I loved this chapter! It was so cool to see everything happen from Race's perspective and then from Jack's, that was a great idea! I hope you write more soon, this was great!
3/23/2018 c2 Guest
I LOVE THIS TO AN EXTREME DEGREE THAT DOES NOT EXIST THUS WAS BEAUTIFUL AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Alos, he could've talked to Katherine, but I love me some motherly Medda moments, so I guess it's fine. ;) I love your work, this is amazing. So u know how Jack is like SUPER stressed, could u write one where he lets all of his anxiety out by talking to Kath. No pressure, just a suggestion. I would also like to tell you that this was amazing, and beautifully written. It had just the right amount of brotherly love, and I love how brotherly and leaderly (that's a word,right?) and how selfless he was. This was incredible and your writing is a beautiful piece of art. Also Brooklyn boys got me dead. XD. That's all for now. Fanzout!
-Fanz4life
3/23/2018 c2 8selizabethharrisburg
Somehow even more beautiful than the last chapter! Seriously, this was absolutely exquisite writing! I feel like you just lock into Jack's character.

This just felt like the perfect, honest, real response from an older brother. And those flashback sequences were handled perfectly. Honestly, this is one of the most real-life pieces for Newsies I've seen. And that's hard. So kudos to you!

I... really don't have much else to add! This was probably as close to a "perfect" chapter as you or anybody could write! The relationships really stood out to me. Jack/Race... and Jack/Romeo! That's probably my favorite. Ooh, and Medda showed up! Love her so much!

Every older sibling does relate to Jack, don't they? I feel like you really brought it out in this piece. Nice work.

The strength in this chapter comes from its balance. It was the perfect mix of the Newsies characters we all know and love, and the real life environment of high school (and/or college :D) that we all know and... tolerate. (I don't know about you, but I'm a HS freshman, so tolerate is the word.) Strive to create this kind of balanced perfection in the rest of your pieces - it was phenomenal!

Seriously... everything about this chapter was spot-on perfect. Seriously. I have nothing else to add.

Nicely done! I hope to see more from you soon!

Keep writing!
3/23/2018 c2 71SomedayonBroadway
I’m just in love! Brooklyn cracks me up every time and Spot is just hilarious! I loved the little scene you added with Romeo and Jack. I love it so much! This story is just beautiful and I’m so so happy you decided to write it. Thank you so much for blessing us with this beautiful story!
3/23/2018 c1 8selizabethharrisburg
This was an EXTREMELY clever piece - kudos to you! Many modern AUs of Newsies are generally the same, but this one definitely had a distinct flavor to it. Very, very nicely done! I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter! I can't wait to read it!

The Jack/Race relationship felt more real than in a ton of other pieces I've read for Newsies. It was so honest - raw, and sometimes painful, and plain, and open, and clear. That's something that's not easily captured, and you did very nicely. The characterization of Romeo also hit close to home with me. I love him so much! And, as a protective older sister, big-brother-Jack is always close to my heart. Thanks for that. :) Do you have any siblings?

(You're a high schooler, right? I think there's a certain unique flavor that shines through because of that, and I appreciate it.)

All that being said, there were just a couple of tiny instances where this story felt like it was tottering on the verge of cliche. (Read this whole paragraph - it's not a huge problem but deserves attention.) Namely: the Refuge flashbacks. Yes, that's a huge part of the story, but unless you do something to really make it unique... every Newsies story features the boys' time in the Refuge. Now, LISTEN, I get it and it's not that bad! I know your intention, and it's good. Here's what you need to do: develop it more. It feels just a tiny bit superficial. (TINY bit.) Nothing sets it apart. *Develop* it more. Through Jack's POV, bring more life to it, more uniqueness. That's what'll make it stronger. It's not a disaster, it's not a huge deal. Just make it unique to your story!

I must say, as a 14-year-old imagining when I'll get to drive, this did feel real and honest. That's perhaps the hardest thing to do. So, again, very good work.

(And, I am the 5th review, I think! I am SO looking forward to the next chapter!)

Keep writing!