for Promises

6/22/2019 c1 13last1stnding
Moving story with a nice twist at the end. (I had guessed wrong about the author!) This is something I can see Schultz doing, being the innately decent human being he is.
3/29/2019 c1 63JustPaulInHere
I like this little drama-Schultz ! I thought it was a prisonner until the letter, but it didn't made sens until you revealed the writer... Good job ! :D
1/5/2019 c1 71snooky-9093
Ah schucks...this made me tear up. You had me guessing about the author until the last few paragraphs. I also wondered if the subject of the letter was either alive or dead. (glad to see he is still alive.)

he's taking a chance, but I'm one of those viewers who tends to see past the acting and notices how many times, the man who sees nothing, really sees something.

Nice work.
11/25/2018 c1 23Tuttle4077
That was really sweet. Thank you.
7/2/2018 c1 7Aileil
Now that right there was really sweet. For all that Schultz is their guard, it can be easy to forget sometimes that he is a protective sort of chap and not always in need of protection himself. I really love the way you point out the mutualistic elements of their relationship by having Schultz thoughtfully and bravely write a very simple letter. The form of the letter itself also exemplifies Schultz as a straigthforward, uncomplicated man. Having him then have to double-envelope the letter really drives home the point that, as much as the subterfuge and complexities brought about by war are not in Schultz's nature, he's also very good at living with controlled chaos. For such a short piece, you did a lot to demonstrate character and I value that.
3/29/2018 c1 117katbybee
Just wanted you to know...that review from Papa Bear Awards came from me...I had been working on the site and forgot to log out when I noticed your story the other day...oops!
3/29/2018 c1 18MoonyEstelChase
1 ... 2 ... 3 ...
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :)
3/26/2018 c1 Ruth
This story. This story is so perfect, so touching, and so heartfelt. Thank you for sharing this glimpse of light, hope, and loyalty with us!
3/25/2018 c1 30Abracadebra
Lovely and uplifting. You had me guessing until the very end who letter's author was.
3/25/2018 c1 Guest
Aww. My heart is melting, this is very beautiful...
3/24/2018 c1 13Papa Bear Awards
I LOVE IT! This is truly wonderful! Thank you for writing it! An unexpected treasure arriving on a rather uninspired day...be blessed.