for Daughter of Rebirth

10/27/2019 c23 148Marcus S. Lazarus
An engaging continuation to a fascinating storyline, to say the least.
From the beginning, you create an excellent look at the lives Mulan and her friends have made for themselves after the Huns’ defeat, each settled in as soldiers in the army while still trying to find their way in life outside it, seeking the balance of peace and chaos that they found when working together.
The subsequent trip to take the princesses to safety is handled well, giving us a range of interesting events without being too forced, and the revelation of Zhu’s return is also well-explained, giving her an interesting range of abilities without making her survival too ‘deus ex machina’ as she has to deal with so many affiliated complications.
While I slightly regret the absence of Mushu for most of the plot, it’s easy to justify his absence as him assuming that Mulan just doesn’t need him when she made her initial trip to the Imperial City and her never feeling the need to ask for him in the aftermath. You present an engaging look at the lives of the relevant characters as they attempt to make their way outside of the military and everything they’ve known since we saw them in the films, on top of the complications of their current relationship status (slightly surprised at the character development you’ve chosen for Ling, but not in the sense that I disapprove of it, I assure you).
Add in the latest political twists, and it should definitely be interesting to see how things unfold from this point onwards as the characters have to take point in influencing events on a larger scale once again.
11/5/2018 c23 2QueenOfTheStorms
Apologies about the wait again, on top of life getting ahead of me, my laptop decided to say a very big "Screw you!" and wouldn't even turn on for about 2 weeks! (And I have too much of a bad history with auto-correct to review on my phone.)

Drunk Zhu in Ch 20 was absolutely adorable. I have to say I didn't expect Zhu to realize she was in love with both Mulan AND Ling. But I can see her being very happy with either of them - the image of her and Ling together is flippin' cute!

Loved Zhu's dialogue to Umut when she's checking to see if Umut is pregnant.

Su going off at Ling Chien-Po about their anger at Zhu was oddly fun to read. It makes sense that the youngest sister could be quite frightening when she wants to be. The painting that Ling made Zhu as an apology was so sweet though. (Am I wrong or did I see a painting similar to that on your Deviant-Art account? Could have been Zhu and Mulan.)

The whole scene with Mulan, Ling and Zhu picking apricots was both sweet and hilarious! And that ending scene with them falling fast asleep against Zhu was cute and slightly bittersweet on Zhu's behalf.

Didn't see the death of the Emperor coming whatsoever! I think my jaw may have dropped when I read that.

As for the final chapter, oh my! My heart definitely had to go out to everyone in this chapter (Bar Chi-fu - Zhu losing her nut on him was satisfying as hell!) Thanks to all the flashbacks regarding Zu and Mundzuc I can say I'm not exactly annoyed that she's going back to marry him - could be because I know she's doing it for her people. My hand went to the heart when Mulan was thinking that she was never going to see Zhu or Shang again. And Zhu has decided to go back to her people, but not back to who she was.

Brilliant work on this story. It'll be so interesting and exciting to see how you weave everything together in Daughter of Life (here's hoping I can stick to a better review schedule this time) I'll see you there!
10/30/2018 c22 hannuhbananuh
chills. actual chills. if this was tumblr i’d be reblogging twice because holy smokes
10/30/2018 c23 hannuhbananuh
HOLY GUACAMOLE BUTTCHEEK ON A STICK. I AM BOTH NOT OKAY AND LEGITIMATELY ANXIETY RIDDEN TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. LIKE? DISNEY GIVE THIS GIRL A CONTRACT, BECAUSE LAWD JESUS! SKSKSKSKSKSKSK
10/30/2018 c23 potstickers4lyfe
Oh my god! XD KYAAaaaaahhh! I’m so excited to read the next and final story of the trilogy :))))

Thank you so much for writing such a fabulous piece of work! The last few chapters were the best I’ve read in this series so far, with all tho tension building up and the rapid rate of character development. Please do keep up the brilliant work! I’ll be seeing you in the next chapter soon!
10/29/2018 c23 Vampiresa911
Love this story! I can not wait for the next section!
Thanks for writing!
10/29/2018 c23 Guest
Love this story, super excited about the next story arc, thanks for writing :)
10/29/2018 c23 2merendinoemiliano
Great political setting, can't wait for the sequel. See you soon.
10/27/2018 c22 potstickers4lyfe

...killed? 0.O

XD Oh my lord! What a cliffhanger! I can’t wait to read the next chapter! I’m also looking forward to what will happen to Zhu’s complex relationships, I didn’t expect her to like both of them, I saw the mulan thing a mile away tho

Keep up the amazing work!
10/22/2018 c22 Quomoto
It's probably extra work, but I think it'll be better as its on story. Btw, your story is running really smooth. I am enjoying it!
10/20/2018 c22 merendinoemiliano
Very funny and sweet,can't wait to see whath consequences this cliffhanger will have. Good work.
10/17/2018 c21 hannuhbananuh
I'm triggered by this crush Zhu has on both Ling and Mulan. It's insanely accurate and I feel attacked, lol. I can't WAIT for more touchy-feely moments between those three!
10/14/2018 c21 merendinoemiliano
Quite good job, but i hope Mulan will stay with Shan. Good work.
10/12/2018 c20 hannuhbananuh
Hol It’s so marvelous. :’)
10/12/2018 c18 hannuhbananuh
Hit me with that plot twist like that firework did Zhu.
67 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »