for Genesis

12/28/2018 c8 9IndigoElle
Now this was quite the adventure! We've switched gears from Tim trying to figure out everything on his own to getting more involved in the vigilante aspect of Gotham, and I am here for it. I figured that we'd get to meet Dick at some point, and let me just say, you did not disappoint on execution of that! I also didn't know where you'd go with their meeting, and the direction that you're taking this is perfect!

I couldn't help but laugh at Tim's reaction to Nightwing's nonchalance about the heights. We all know that heights are nothing to Dick, and even if Tim swings around and defies heights too, he didn't grow up an acrobat and that shows very well. But despite Dick's simple conversation and trying to get some information out of Tim, he's testing something. I'm liking that we get to see the calculating side of Dick and that he isn't just having this stranger in a Talon mask follow him around.

This is a small detail, but I just wanted to note the part where Tim timed himself to the orchestra. That was such a small detail but I thought it was so well done and it really brought the moment to life!

I don't blame Tim for being terrified that Nightwing had just joined a metal massacre, because that scene was intense! It gave us such a daredevil look at Nightwing and I loved it. Tim isn't the one really taking down the criminals this time, he's watching someone else do it. But he still plays a role, he's learning as the night goes on.

The two of them huddled in that vent together is so sweet, and the two of them using Tim's little first aid kit-I love it! We get to see both of their empathetic sides. Even if Tim isn't talking, he's still concerned and doesn't want Dick to hurt. The same goes for Dick, as even though he sees that Tim can keep up with him, he doesn't like the idea of this stranger joining in on their fight. But he knows that there is no talking him down from it and gives him a communicator instead. I just love this whole interaction!

"No one else needs to get hurt." Ow, my heart. Dick is grieving underneath the mask and it kills me that Tim is right there and he doesn't know. But since he just invited Tim along for another night on the town, hopefully this will lead them on the path to figuring each other out. And that detail of "he jumped off the roof with an awkward salute" was so perfect. Love, love, love it!

You are so great with details whether they be important, small, or descriptive. Amazing work on this!
12/28/2018 c7 IndigoElle
Yes, yes, yes! This chapter was so much fun to read. We're getting Tim more connected to his old life and I'm so excited for it!

We start with Tim following Batman and trying to figure out his routine. If that's not a Tim reaction to dealing with someone who he thinks might possibly want to kill him, I don't know what is. Nothing can get in the way of this kid's curiosity streak. I really enjoyed the inclusion of how Tim wants to have the upper hand if the two of them meet. That is such a Tim response to the situation! Tim likes to be two or three steps ahead at all times, and he works his plans around being the one who comes out as the winner. Excellent canon characterization!

Not gonna lie I spazzed a little bit at seeing guilt-ridden Batman in action. For me it makes the impact of Tim's death even stronger to see just how badly Batman is taking it. I love Tim's observing skills and how he even contemplates going to see Batman. The moments where he sees Batman looking less terrifying and more broken means a huge deal. That's Tim seeing past the reaction and into the core of what's driving Batman. If only he truly understood!

But then, as Batman is off on his pummeling crime spree, Nightwing shows up! I have to say, I love the way you've written him. There is such a blend between his banter and his fighting that I enjoyed reading. A lot of times writers portray Dick as less threatening because he is playful and funny, but you managed to give us that but still show that Dick is a force to be reckoned with. He's not just this goofball acrobat, he can do serious damage and is a lot tougher than that. You got that across wonderfully!

Tim making that escape was awesome, too. The imagery was so strong and I could see that whole scene playing out as if I was watching it!

Now with the second meeting of Dick and Tim, we get to see Dick's softer side. I don't blame Tim for being suspicious, but I have to give a lot of props to Dick. Despite his silliness and softness, Dick is very, very clever. He knows when to push and when to back off, and he uses all of that to his advantage here to get Tim to stop and talk to him-even if Tim doesn't do much talking. He manages to get some response out of Tim, and even invites him to come along with him. He obviously has some sort of plan that he's playing out, and I'm curious to see where it leads.

This chapter was amazing, great job!
12/28/2018 c6 IndigoElle
Oh man, what a chapter.

For starters, there is something about the beginning that really tugs at me. And it’s that unwavering certainty and faith that Tim has in Bruce. We know that Tim with his memory had that. But even without it, Tim still knows. He still has that faith and that just gets me in a puddle of emotions.

Now the whole scene with Damian and Bruce, oh my. You can just see that emotionally charged, erratic being that Batman becomes when faced with the loss of one of his sons. It reminds me so much of what happened to Bruce when Tim had to step in and take the Robin role. But this time, Batman has a Robin. There is no partnership void to fill and keep Batman on the straight and narrow. Damian is there and yet Bruce is still losing it. Which kills me, not only because it shows how much Tim means to Bruce, but how deep the guilt runs for Bruce. Losing another Robin to the Joker must be enough to push him so close to over the edge, and maybe even over it entirely.

Poor Damian though, I do feel bad for him. Even if he doesn’t go about things in the best way, he was trying to make a good point. The smack really caught me off guard, but it is a canon thing that Bruce has hit his sons before. It made me feel for Damian so much. Everything is a mess!

I really wanted Tim to go after Bruce but I know that he’s using his best judgment to try and stay safe. I laughed a little when he said that he was a hero—it was so cute! Yes Tim, you are one of the good guys. And hopefully you’ll see that Batman is one too.

Amazing work with this!
12/27/2018 c5 IndigoElle
This was fantastic! I wasn't sure how I was going to take amnesia Tim but I really love him, as he proves over and over again that this is still Tim.

He's got a plan, and the plan goes not at all the way he expected, but he still comes out on top. Everything that he did was so great, memory or not. Watching Tim deciding to go after the SUV because he knew it was right and he had to do something, that was just so Tim and I was so proud of him in that moment. He knows nothing but he does know what's right, and even though he doesn't have weapons or a suit he's still doing his best.

And his best is exactly what the situation needs. I really loved that he used all the descriptions of Batman and then pretended to be him. So clever! And such a Tim way to figure out a solution. The descriptions and flow went so nicely, and everything played out great! This really was a fine chapter, that's for sure.

Eeeek! Tim is drawing Batman to him and I'm so ready for it. Great work!
12/27/2018 c4 IndigoElle
Aaaahhh! This chapter was so exciting, I loved it! Let's dive into this one.

I'm glad that you're not just diving into how Tim's trying to solve his problem, but you're also giving us a glimpse into his new life and how he's handling himself. We can tell he's not well off based on where he's going and how he's getting clothes. He doesn't have much, but he's trying to make it work and that's the Tim that we know and love. Even though he doesn't have many options, he's using what he's got and taking it day by day.

I find it very interesting that Tim is focusing more on the Batman aspect than the Bruce Wayne portion of information. It reminds me of Tim's origin and how he connected Batman to Bruce. He'll have to reconnect that and I am curious as to how long it's going to take Tim to discover that again. But I loved how you took so many ideas of Batman and presented them to Tim. I've always loved the idea that Batman is an urban legend to some people in Gotham, and you presented the legend of the Bat in different lights that I imagine the people of Gotham would think.

And there is the Red Robin we know making an appearance! Tim's instincts that he didn't even know he had kicked in, and he's left more confused than ever. It's good to know that even though he has amnesia, it isn't that his memory is wiped. He still has all of his training and thoughts, just out of reach. And then Bruce's rule about guns coming back to him-perfect! I can totally sense Tim's discomfort and confusion in your writing without you having to spell it out.

"I bet this is the weirdest thing I've ever done." Oh Tim, you wish. This is probably on of the most normal things you've ever done. I really enjoyed Tim going through the motions and coming to the conclusion of what to do next, because deep down he does know what to do, it's just not in the forefront of his mind.

I'm very intrigued by the Court of Owls mask. I'm wondering if they're going to do something when they realize that Tim has a mask. Will Batman be able to tell the difference between a Talon and Tim? It's leading up to some interesting meetings, that's for sure.

Yes Tim! Go find Batman! I can't wait to see where this is going!
12/27/2018 c3 IndigoElle
I'm loving the references to the Red Robin comics. They're minute details that I don't think are going to directly affect this story, but acknowledging that they exist works really well. It adds that confusing element to Tim trying to figure out the truth of who he is, while having to sort through the gossip that surrounded his life. He has so much to figure out between himself, Red Robin, and the show that he put on for the public that it makes my head spin. I don't know how he's going to figure it all out!

That description of Tim and Bruce was so sweet and accurate to their relationship. I could feel the warmth of those words. It also makes part of me ache knowing that Tim doesn't remember that. Ugh, the fact that we know the truth and he doesn't makes me want to tell Tim myself!

And there is the Joker, out and about causing madness. I feel like Tim needs to remember that soon to avoid getting even more hurt than he already is. I'm curious how this is all going to come together. But Tim is already starting to piece the vigilante life to his own, which shows just how smart he is. Tim is no fool. Even if he doesn't have all the details and doesn't get them entirely right, he's on track.

But Tim realizing that no one really knows who is the real Tim Wayne, that's what really got me this chapter. Tim has absolutely no one that he can go to with confidence that will give him the answers that he's looking for. There are so many secrets and lies that I really don't know how Tim is going to muddle his way through all of it and get to the truth. This is going to be a very long and hard ride, I think.

Wonderful job yet again!
12/27/2018 c2 IndigoElle
Oh wow, I loved this. I knew going into it that Tim would be losing his memory in this fic, but the way you played it out was so artistically. It wasn't just a repeat of explaining over and over that Tim had no idea about anything. You take us through each moment of him waking up and how he's thinking, giving us the little pieces, such as him not recognizing the suit. I loved the way you executed this!

Also, pained Tim hurts me so much, as does the idea that he's alone and suffering and has no idea who he is. Poor kid never catches a break. The symbol was a great touch! So creepy but it really is a manic touch to the whole situation. I loved how you had Tim look at himself in the mirror too. Really, I'm just fond of that whole scene.

I have to admit that as soon as Tim started thinking about water I couldn't help but be amused. Because memory or not, it's still Tim. He's following one strand of logical thought that he can be certain of and using it to try and make sense of his current predicament. It's so painfully Tim and yet he doesn't even realize it.

And this boy, who is half dead, still decides to go try and dig up clues. Gosh Tim you never stop, do you? It's very interesting to see the paths that Tim takes as he's trying to sort out who he is and why he's in this situation. Even if some of the details are not right, they make perfect sense as to why he'd think that way. I just love how even though Tim isn't sure of who he is, he's still himself at the core.

Lovely chapter!
12/27/2018 c1 IndigoElle
So I've been wanting to read this story for forever and I am FINALLY getting around to doing it. I already know this is going to be a good one. I'm also going to binge all the chapters that are here so far, so there is going to be an onslaught of reviews-which I am excited about.

Now, time for the story!

I'm not sure what's going on, but oh this is good. The tension is so strong, and I can feel so many different emotions coming through. Even though this is purposefully vague and I know that we'll find out all about this scene more later, I'm trying to come up with theories.

That "bloodcurdling laugh," the Joker, maybe? That's the first person to come to mind.

"I have to save him. He'll never forgive me if I didn't." Now that raises a few questions. Is this Tim talking about saving a villain? Or maybe Damian? I'm thinking this is a reference back to Dick or Bruce.

Okay, final consensus is Tim just saved Damian and ended up getting shot. I loved going through Tim's mental process and how he wasn't ready to die, and how he was trying to think in such a short amount of time. Wow my heart hurts already! I know I just signed up for heartache but this chapter has already sucked me in. Great job!
11/27/2018 c16 Guest
I love this story! Please continue!
10/17/2018 c1 8Mango Sakaguchi
You, a beautiful human being, have made an amazing story. It’s perfect. Good job**
9/29/2018 c16 Guest
Really gooood!
8/15/2018 c16 12Loftcat27
Wow, really tense!
8/14/2018 c16 113Rookblonkorules
Ooh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh! *hyperventilates*
THIS CHAPTER! THIS. CHAPTER! *screams*
1) the whole description of the carousel at the beginning. It was so good. So Good! And it's especially thought provoking because carousels are usually happy, they're places where kids and people have fun and enjoy themselves, but this depressing description... it drives it home that this is GOTHAM. And it also serves as a sort of foreshadowing that this will not be a happy chapter for our characters- and boy is that a bit of an understatement.
Speaking of which... I love this rendition of Tim's PTSD. You've made it realistic and angsty, but you haven't overdone it. You've remembered that this is TIM and that Tim isn't as emotional as the other Batboys. Like Bruce.
And Bruce's concern that's hovering on the edge, but isn't overbearing or even explicitly shown at first, but just there- that was written so well. You've hit all the right feels.
Here's looking forward to chapter 17, because seriously, I'm honestly... I'm gonna be thinking about this for quite some time.
8/14/2018 c16 Mar
As always your chapters are amazing!
8/6/2018 c15 23orangesunset12
OH now Bruce is here? And Tim was in Jason's hideout? Wow, even more revelations! I love this so much, as you can probably tell, and I can barely guess what's going to happen next! Update soon!
91 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »