for A Burning Vengeance

10/19/2019 c4 Anonymousme
I liked the Cryogen/Frozone info a lot. I can see why Frozone's ice trails would be bothersome, but, well... Disney Wiki, Pixar Wiki, and Heroes Wiki all say that his ice trails deteriorate as he goes (search 'Frozone' into Google, or DuckDuckGo, which is what I use). Either way, do update soon and give us Chapter 6!
9/10/2019 c5 Anonymousme
Hi again, DJDynamite. It's me. The same guest who asked what POV is for. I do really like this story, and I do wish...couldn't you please update sooner more often? WITHOUT taking twelve years, six of which were two and four year gaps inbetween chapters? I am eternally grateful that I found A Rising Flame just after it was completed, when it was still on the front page of The Incredibles fanfiction, about when I was first starting to read Incredibles fanfiction. Is Kyra really dead? I have mixed feelings on that. Please update soon...
12/18/2018 c3 17MartyrFan
This is perhaps the most original villain backstory I've ever read. You make him someone you want to root for, and soon we'll be torn between him and Jesse. I'm looking forward to this. Great work.
9/11/2018 c2 Guest
You can kill Kyra if you want. But what I think should be the focus is the confrontation itself. The bad guy and Kyra were teammates once, friends. The fight between them should convey history between them. Kyra could try keeping the antagonist at a distance because their super strength wouldn end it instantly while the bad guy could keep trying to blind Kyra with sand or something since her powers are based on sight. There is a be a lot of potential in a superhero’s biggest mistake coming back to haunt them. Don’t be afraid to take it where you want it to go.
9/11/2018 c2 Nick
I’m curious how the fight between Blazestone and your antagonist goes. Seems that your antagonist is the type to want to let their target to know who is attacking them and why. Maybe use the fight to establish how dangerous the antagonist is and give us a better understanding of their powers. Are they as strong as Mr. Incredible, or rely more on their healing like Wolverine?
On the subject of Blazestone if you want to kill her go for it. It’ll establish the antagonist as a real threat and give Jessica a vested interest in see them brought in. Or if Violet and her mom are also targets she might switch from ‘bring in’ ‘put down’. Maybe draw a few parallels between Jessica and the antagonist.
9/11/2018 c2 Niden
Here is something to consider. Kyra and your antagonist were teammates once, friends. if you show their confrontation you should try and convey that. Maybe the antagonist could call her an old nickname like 'Fire starter' or 'Matchstick'. Something to jog her memory and why the antagonist is after her. their fight could also be used to convey a shared history, Kyra could try and keep the antagonist at a distance with her fire because the antagonist has the advantage close quarters, or the antagonist could try and blind Kyra because they know her powers are reliant on sight.
Something else is more focus on the antagonist, just basic things like gender, build, and extent of their powers. Are they as strong as or do they rely on regeneration and martial prowess like Deadpool and Wolverine. This could help establish the antagonist as a threat and give Jess a vested interest in bringing them down, and if her mom and Violet are on the list likei think they are Jes might switch from 'bring in' to 'put down'.
7/26/2018 c2 Guest
Since this story will be told from several people in first person could you please add a chapter with Leon's pov and another one with say Kyra? Maybe Chance and Electricia too. And please don't kill anybody except for maybe the villian depending on whether or not she I think it's Ashe is like randymfrom the first one which I read and Loved Loved loved it . Sigh. And please update faster although I have to admit that good writing takes time. Just don't make us wait for the end for another decade-and-change. Also put more spoilers for Incredibles 2 in. Mom won't let me see the movie so I'll see it anyway but I can't find a free one on YouTube so till then I'll have to stick with clips and fan spoilers. Maybe...at the end of this Leon can propose to/ask Jess to be his official girlfriend? Please? Add a little more romance between them for the love of Pete! AND PLEASE DONT KILL KYRA OR ANYBODY ELSE THATS GOOD! Welllll...maybe a few Innocents, police officers, and unknown superheroes... Just not any of the characters we know and love so well! And that includes Kyra!
7/26/2018 c1 Anonymous
Please dont let Kyra die! Just let her be captured and then rescued later come on! please I'm begging you please please please please please please please please please please nooooooo!
7/26/2018 c2 Anonymous
Pleeeeeeeeeeease update soon! Come on! PS What exactly does POV stand for? I know it means being told in first person by whoever the POV belongs to but what do the letters stand for? Thanks.
7/26/2018 c1 Guest
Oops, my bad... I was so dumb, thinking that this was being narrated by Blazestone herself... Please don't let this be Phoenecia narrating this... I don't think so...she was only 14 so now she and Changling would be 18 now and Chameleon would be 20... please add a little romance between Jessica and Leon again exept a little bit more than last time because they'll have known each other for 4 years and please please please let it be told through Jessica's eyes again
7/27/2018 c2 MartyrFan
It's good to see you writing again, DJ Dynamite, and it's great to see Jess and the other again. I really like the reference to Elastigirl saving the train in The Incredibles 2. Will there be any other references to the new movie?

Going philosophical here: If a crime-free world was possible, would the police allow it to exist if they had a say? Law enforcement exists as a job because there is a demand for laws to be enforced. If crime was somehow eliminated (not going to happen, sadly), there would be no need for any sort of law enforcement at all. If one measure prevents crime more then the other, that is the measure that needs to be put into effect, even if it means that livelihoods are destroyed. Better less jobs with less crime, then the opposite.

Ok, enough with that. It's great to read your stuff again. Have a good one, and happy writing!
7/8/2018 c1 Guest
Chapter 1: Nooo not Kyra! I am super excited for this sequel, but I'm not quiet sure if the main character is Jess or not? They certainly seem to have her attitude! Lol just please (pretty please uber begging with a cherry on top) do not take 15 years!
6/25/2018 c1 MartyrFan
I just saw The Incredibles 2 and it was a great movie and sequel to The Incredibles. It's great to see that you're back and writing again. This first chapter sounds like it's going to be the start of a fantastic fanfic. Again, great to see your writing again and nice work!
5/5/2018 c1 Guest
Thank god you finally uploaded this. I have e'en waiting forever for this.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service