for Does It Have To Be Beer?

12/23/2019 c1 Deep Sorrow
This was a great story, thank you for sharing.
8/9/2018 c1 74SupernaturalGeek
That was absolutely superb!

I loved everything about it, from the way you kept both John and Harold (and Bear, for that matter!) completely in character throughout, to the heart-warming glimpses of just how much they've come to mean to one another and the image of the lovely little domestic scene at the end.

You did a marvelous job of making the reader feel the emotions of each moment, without it ever being out of character or too over the top.

It was, naturally, frustrating to watch them both at crossed purposes, John intimating things from Harold's behaviour/words that he didn't mean and being hurt by it.

The switch when they ended up locked in the freezer and it was now Harold's turn to witness John's fears was masterfully done, and the fact they were both literally in the dark - and in imminent danger of being killed - made Harold's rare honesty and openness feel right (if that makes sense!).

Of course Bear's constant companionship, protectiveness, and even his struggle to decide which of them to be with at various points was the icing on the cake and I could honestly 'see' every scene as I was reading.

Although they only appeared briefly I also enjoyed how well you captured Fusco and Carter, especially Fusco's endearingly clumsy attempt at defending Harold's honour which of course backfired under the circumstances!

POI holds a special place in my heart and there is sadly very little well written, in character fiction for it so I was utterly delighted to find this gem.

I really did thoroughly enjoy it :)
5/31/2018 c1 65QueenOfTheUniverse
I’m going to second all the other reviews here. This was perfect! I loved every minute of it!
4/14/2018 c1 113ChibiDawn23
You've got our boys down pat, this was great, and we got some Bear as an added bonus too!
I loved Fusco calling Bear Rin Tin Tin ;)
4/11/2018 c1 2nomdeplume30
I LOVE IT! This was soooo good! There were so many wonderful moments, but the end was especially nice. I also liked the scene in the pub. And the one in the freezer. Gah, you just did an amazing job with this piece!
4/10/2018 c1 Edith Bodin
Ha! the pleasure of reading a POI story in accordance with their "good" old ways. I really missed it and, icing on the cake, a little bit of harm to our heroes (including Bear of course) to be able to comfort them at the end like it should be.. .
Your story as usual is perfect: the study of the characters, their ways of being and speaking (or not ...), the evolution of the action and the description of the scenes even for the so-called "secondary characters" "everything matches.
Just a little criticism: it seems to me that we do not really know how the POI was involved in the story, nor what happened to him afterwards. Not that it bothers me a lot, since the important thing was more in the evolution of the mindset of Finch and Reese, towards each other with perhaps a little more introspection on the side of Finch. I wonder, though, if Reese would not have felt even more guilty seeing Finch's "head" as you described it ... -
hoping to read you again
4/10/2018 c1 Souhashi27
The boys do grab on and refuse to let go don't they? I love everything about this story, vulnerable but caring Reese, Harold being a clam, Bear being a good boy and Fusco being awesome with his sarcasm. The exchange at the end warmed my heart.
4/10/2018 c1 27ElliQuinn
Great story. I like the image of John pottering about in Harold's kitchen cooking amazing food. I miss our boys!
4/9/2018 c1 1brokenheroes
I love this story soooooo much! Thank you for writing it. You know these characters and portray them exactly as I remember. With each of your stories I am right back with John and Harold and the others, whom I miss terribly. And it's such a gift.
4/9/2018 c1 9McMoni
I was sooooo happy to see a new story from you and, maaaan, it definitely didn't disappoint!
Whump, Bear, feelings, how heroes talking openly in the dark...I can't even begin to explain how good this is.
Not to mention claustrophobic John.
Simply perfect!
4/9/2018 c1 McMoni
Not to mention claustrophobic John.
Simply perfect!