for Man off the Moon

2/14 c1 Guest
Had another look, and he wasn't outside the city, he was inside the burning city. My mistake.
2/14 c1 Guest
The UBW anime second season ending actually shows Archer in one of his Guardian missions. The picture where Archer is standing outside of a burning city. A city he no doubt had to destroy, along with all its inhabitants, and whatever was threatening existential extinction to humanity, due to Alaya's orders. My word. Even the smallest cities have populations over 100,000. My word.
2/14 c1 Guest
Do we ever see Archer on his missions by Alaya?
2/13 c1 Guest
Hah. Archer "the greatest hypocrite", is it? Well, Archer's “wish” is because he still puts others before himself, you know? So it does make sense. But then again, all Shirou's are the same. They always put others before themselves. From Miyuverse to Fate Shirou. Although the difference here is that Miyuverse and Heaven's feel Shirou will only sacrifice themselves for their loved ones, while leaving strangers to perish. Fate, UBW Shirou and Archer will sacrifice themselves for both their loved ones and the innocent people. Yeah, big hypocrisy from Archer, considering his words to Shirou. But it does make sense if you understand the "Why" of Archer's wish. After all, if he puts himself before others, he wouldn't have that wish.
2/13 c1 Guest
Is Archer the greatest hypocrite?
2/11 c41 H21H
wait, did I really read 750k words in like 3 days
2/7 c1 Guest
No one was saying Archer wouldn't help people.
2/7 c1 Guest
Of course Archer would still help people. He does that multiple times in all the Fate/ he appears in. From Fate/Stay night to Fate/Extella. It was never a question. All you need to do is read the source materials.

Though, if Archer were given a second chance at life, he wouldn’t go around looking for conflicts again. He’d open a cute little café down in some relaxed corner and live his life for real.
2/7 c1 Guest
You're on the mark. He's forced to commit those atrocities against his will. He never wanted that. And there is no escape. But when has the word "impossible" stopped Shirou Emiya? He will never give up. But neither will he ever succeed. There is no elimination for guardians.
2/7 c1 Guest
Yeah...Archer’s wish. He has that wish because he hates how the counterforce operates, right?
2/7 c1 Guest
I went through Archer’s route in Fate/extra, and I found your translation is inaccurate.

Archer: Are you familiar with the term “survivor’s guilt”? I am the embodiment of all that it means.

Survivor’s guilt. A condition that those who survive a catastrophe often develop.
Survivor’s guilt. A condition where the survivor of a catastrophe believes they did something wrong by surviving when those around them died.
Because they survived, they are special in some way.
Or possibly they feel that, since they are still alive, they have to do something exceptional in order to honor those who weren’t as fortunate.
And if the survivor didn’t, it’d be the same as showing disrespect for the memory of the dead.
Archer: As the disaster was unfolding, my only thought was to somehow atone for the fact that I alone survived.
Archer: That’s why- That’s why I do not consider my life my own.
Archer: I swore that I would never allow another tragedy like the one I survived to ever happen to others.
Archer: If I didn’t do that, I wouldn’t have been able to survive myself. It was then that I gave up my name.
Archer: I also gave up any claims to my humanity and swore that I’d live for those who had died and not for myself.
Archer: “To become a hero of justice whose purpose is to save others.” It was with this warped idea that I grew up.

Archer: Don’t look so worried. And don’t point out how childish it all sounds, considering how traumatized I was.
Archer: But anything is possible if you’re determined enough. I somehow made a childish promise come true.
Archer: And during the transition from childhood to adolescence, that man finally realized what he’d become.

When Archer says “That’s why- That’s why I do not consider my life my own.”

I interpret this to mean that, although Archer no longer has survivor’s guilt and is longer traumatised, he will still lay down his life to save the innocent.

Archer denies that he is a hero. But he most definitely is.

Considering in Fate/stay night he sacrificed himself to save Shirou in all three routes.

Fate route: sacrificed himself to save Rin, Saber and Shirou.

UBW route: sacrificed himself to save Shirou.

Heaven’s feel: sacrificed himself to save Rin, Illya and Shirou. (also supported Shirou in saving Sakura)

And Archer doesn’t value his life at all. It’s the complete opposite. He devalues it greatly. If you knew what Archer’s one and only wish is, then you’d know why this is the case.

Of course that doesn’t mean he’s reckless or anything. The opposite of reckless. He's very cautious. Still, he doesn’t value his life in a way that’s meaningful.
2/4 c1 Guest
"Yes, you need to become a hero.
Because that is your only emotion. An emotion you can neither betray nor deny.
Even if that wish is not born from within you."
2/4 c1 Guest
Shirou doesn’t really want to be a hero. It's his coping mechanism for his survivor's guilt. It’s explained more thoroughly by Archer in Fate/Extra. But in Fate/stay night UBW route, it's also revealed by Archer and Shirou's own inner monologue that wanting to be a hero isn't what he really wants to do. It isn't his own feelings.

Fate Extra said:
The survivor's guilt fits neatly into most behaviors exhibited by Shirou. This is all explained by the man himself

Because they survived, they are special in some way.
Archer: That’s why- That’s why I did not consider my life my own.

To sum it up: "I acted this way because of my guilt".
2/4 c1 Guest
I have a question that I need answered. Does Shirou want to be a hero?
1/28 c39 Guest
Millions of people dead isn't what I'd call a "fucking hoot." What is even wrong with you?
3,656 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »