for Man off the Moon

4/20/2018 c3 Kinunatzs The Eternal
Ok I lost interest since you clearly discarded one of the most important nasuverse mechanics which is the SOUL CAN OVERWRITE THE PHYSICAL BODY SINCE A WEEK SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR EMIYA'S HEROIC SPIRIT SOUL TO OVERWRITE HIS CURRENT BODY AND SHOW FEATS EQUAL TO PEAK OF HUMANITY CAN DO EVEN RANK E STRENGTH, ENDURANCE AND AGILITY IN A MONTH OR SO
4/20/2018 c3 1shadyxlr
Happy to see a female Shepard :)
4/20/2018 c3 7infadinityfollower
Good Stuff! Need more!
4/20/2018 c3 StoryReiter
Looking forward to moderate world building as well as character dynamics.
4/20/2018 c3 6MEleeSmasher
I wonder, is Shepard going to sub in for Rin Tohsaka?
4/20/2018 c3 Piterio
Nice chapter. So far loving it. Nothing to cerrect upon except the fact that in Fate/Extra CCC in Nameless ending it shown that he was a military instructor of some sort. Where exactly is unknown but we can make our guess. So he is in fact should be aware of regulations and all that to the basic degree from the outside. Though who knows, it still depend on who exactly he trained and in what. But well regardless it was really enjoyable to read action or not. So looking forward to the next chapter.
4/20/2018 c3 That one asshole
...huh. Wonder what that means with the cogs...is he becoming less of a machine? Every part of an RM is a representation of its holder. Shirou didn’t have cogs in his, and dead grass grew there.

Is he beginning to let go of his ideal? Or taking a different viewpoint on it?

From what I remember, Archer always seemed to focus on the people he’s killed, rather than the ones he’s saved.
4/20/2018 c3 2Aguy.SB
A few notes...

Recruits are often forced to begin and end every statement with Sir (or the rank, for the various NCO's) before things lighten up. So, it would probably be "Sir, yes, Sir!" Not just "Yes, Sir!". There are five responses that are considered standard:
Yes, Sir
No, Sir
Aye aye, Sir
No excuse, Sir
I/this recruit will find out, Sir (used instead of "I don't know").

Sometimes recruits are limited to just those five statements for 90% of their communication with superiors (other than answering some very specific questions).

An E-7 is pretty damned senior. That's a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy. An equivalent in the Marines is a Gunnery Sergeant, who could be the senior enlisted man in an entire company. People don't leave basic training as E-7's.

Also, people in the navy are sailors, not soldiers. Soldiers are in the army. Marines are in the marines.

All that stuff is pretty nit-picky, but I guarantee some people reading this notice. Generally speaking good writing is getting details right.

Other than that though, loving the story so far.
4/20/2018 c3 18Boyzilla
An interesting chapter that sets up quite a bit, I see that you’ve gone for Female Shepard! Of course, Male Shepard is great too, I’m impartial to either one. Personally I hope that the relationship between Emiya and Shepard is not one of romance, a more professional one would be my preference.

But hey, I’m not the one writing Mass Effect stories, that’s you and my sis.

On the subject of writing, personally, I believe the usage of all caps for the exclaimatiom of words is entirely unnecessary, and you can get the point across without its use with exclamation points alone. As for the use of italized, that’s perfectly acceptable, especially for stories featuring magic or importent thoughts where is can be difficult to convey them otherwise.
4/20/2018 c2 2gabe.d.clark.1997
[Oh god the rambling, I'd erase it but I don't like destroying things I took time to make merely from embarrassment]

No problems with the soul pattern being divergent from the genetic code (you know, that soul corruption thingy that keeps magi from just sticking their souls in jars) temporarily messing with the ability to use magecraft (or maybe the difference is just small enough to not be noticeable)? Though I suppose that might not be relevant considering he's not a typical human.

...If that sounded like "AREN'T I SO SMART?!" then I'm sorry that wasn't what I meant for it to sound like, just what I was thinking while reading. Though I am honestly hoping for their scifi sensors detecting the anomalous build up of heat when he uses his circuits (battle armor tends to have those), maybe making them confuse him for a biotic, sending him to get examined, and the doctors just going "WHY IS NOTHING THERE? SOMETHING IS OBVIOUSLY THERE BUT THERE ISN'T ANYTHING THERE.". It'd be a bit funny.
4/19/2018 c2 Guest
Since Emiya has been nerfed, I don’t see how he can make waves like this. Unless he finds the plans for the Crucible in the Mars archives or something.
4/19/2018 c2 PseudoSteak
An interesting crossover take on Fate/Extra. I noticed this story's events take place roughly a decade before Mass Effect. You've got me curious as for what Archer's role is gonna' be in the upcoming years.

Given that his physical appearance will likely match has actual appearance (assuming the gene mods don't alter that), I can see Archer getting into loads of shenanigans with his Astralized form. There certainly wouldn't be anything stopping him from zipping through walls whipping out a projected M-490 Blackstorm ("Black Hole" Launcher) and rain bullshit on his unsuspecting foes. He'd make a better "Spectre" than any other Spectre in Mass Effect history!

Looking forward to seeing where you take this story.

Have a fine evening!
4/19/2018 c2 6Farra Gate
This is just as good as the first. Although it was a little bit too long for my liking, I really enjoyed it. The world building was really detailed, and I commend you for that since I have no clue what Mass Effect is. It was a wonderful read so far. I really hope you continue this..
4/18/2018 c2 8The Lone Swordswolf
So, will he be running into Shepard or is he taking their place?
4/18/2018 c2 1BrawlBroMario
I hope Archer kicks ass at boot camp. Nice long chapter and very well written. Please update soon!
3,656 « Prev Page 1 .. 232 239 240 241 242 243 .. Last Next »