for Everyday Courage

12/4/2021 c22 Parnokianlipstic
Everyday Courage henceforth as EC is excellent, as others have pointed out, and I too in the emotional outpouring of my earlier first review in Warp, I think? But the things that I adore here are as varied in multitudes.
The varied church-politics, and different spot the bible-verse that both Jo and John do, wonderful in Singapore-verse to echo here, and Una with her verses and poetry. You have captured the essence of very human feel of faith and different cultural and personal belives and Choirs and Choral singing as a community as LMM intended in her work, but have taken it wonderfully further, as also evidenced in your earlier verses.
The humour, and the mens perspective of different contiguents of Kingsport, of Glen, Toronto, Singapore... The brilliant capture of 1920-1930s politics and economic-straits, creeping polio and the attitudes of the times. Brava!
And in this chapter particular the ponderings of Crown Imperial and Mara(whom I adore) interpretation of Coward, whose work I adore very much, the same as Sayers and Ailingham too.

Thank you for these letters, they are deep joy and the fact that John M loving the heck out of Magi is very moving! Incidently also very peaceful second Advent to you!
Here is Caccini "Ave Maria" and others seasonal songs in mind, interlinked with "Valse triste" by Sibelius that is very moving orchestral piece.

Best Wishes!
8/26/2021 c40 Andrea1984
R.I.P. Jonas Blake.

8/25/2021 c13 Andrea1984
A baby for Di and her husband. Wow. A baby or twins ?

Yes, that can be, too.;)
I will not spoil the Family Tree.

What a great chapter.

8/25/2021 c11 Andrea1984
What a chapter. Una helps the children and Carl and his family too.
I knew nothing about flood in Singapure in 1926.

Little Bruce . ;) I think, he don't like called this way.

8/25/2021 c10 Andrea1984
Bruce an adult ? Yes, he grow and grow. He is 1926 - 18 years old ? Right ?
What will be with him ? A doctor ? Or a soldier ? Or something new ?
Will he be happy married ?

Hmm. Que sera, sera . .. ;)

8/25/2021 c9 Andrea1984
Di will live in Ingleside with her husband. Allright. Di is Gilberts favorite, because she look like a younger Anne and have curls too. I like characters with curls.

A wedding, wow. So great.

You write like LMM.

8/25/2021 c8 Andrea1984
Iain Alexander - what a name - what will be with this boy in WW II. Now its 1926, but he will be in WW II in 1944/1945.

So many details in this story, so wounderful.

8/25/2021 c7 Andrea1984
Anthony Aloisius - what a name - poor child. I hope the best for him and his parents, but the name. Oh no. Anthony - allright - but Aloisius - I don't know it's an english/canadian name or not.

Why do Gilbert, Jonas and John write letters together ? Why this characters ?
A telephon was allright, but not as cheap as today.

8/24/2021 c2 Andrea1984
I like this chapter so much, so many children and a "silent" chapter. But it's 1923 and the, some years later, WW II and so on. Oh oh.

8/24/2021 c16 Andrea1984
Elizabeth Alice, why not. I like this name. Better than the name of the other children - I read the Family Trees before sorry - .

8/24/2021 c15 Andrea1984
I hope the best for Rilla, Ken and the family too.

8/24/2021 c32 Andrea1984
I don't like Susan. She's dead, so what.
Poor Shirley, Susan spoiled him so much in his live and he will never forget this.

8/24/2021 c25 Andrea1984
A baby and a love for Una, wow. I like this so much.

I hope the best for Una and her family.

8/24/2021 c23 Andrea1984
Poor Di and her husband. Poor Aurelia, too.

Are there only letters ? Hmm, I like to read/write letters too, but not much as in this story.

8/24/2021 c41 Andrea1984
Thank you so much for the Family Trees.

165 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »