for Six Months

5/26/2018 c10 2risingdancer
Only one month to go! :(
5/26/2018 c10 14lil'mousie323
My heart is broken, and my cheeks are wet from my leaking eyes. Again, you're doing a fantastic job with this story.
5/26/2018 c9 lil'mousie323
This was incredibly tear inducing!
5/24/2018 c9 Guest
Cue the tears.. Poor Stevie.. Oh the poor child... can't wait to see how she reacts to Henry being back..
5/24/2018 c9 Guest
This chapter hit right in the feels. The timeline is moving quite quickly, and I’m excited for Henry to come back.
5/26/2018 c10 15lilacmermaid33
Eeeeek, that guy in the elevator was skeevy! I actually thought it was going to be worse, though - I thought he was going to ask her out now that she's 'available'! Maybe if the door hadn't opened on her floor when it did? Or he might genuinely have meant well, but that doesn't mean she's able to hear that from him right now.

I love the way you articulate the role Henry has played in Elizabeth's life, and the way she wishes she could go back and behave differently in certain moments. It's SO sad that she should be trying to empty his closet now, when WE know that he's only a month from coming home. But it's so realistic at the same time, that she has moved forward in some ways, but that doesn't mean that her grief can't still hit her at random moments, even when she's been coping.

After tossing all the clothes on the floor like this, does she get rid of them in the end? I never thought about it, but him having to buy a whole new wardrobe when he comes home IN A MONTH would be so annoying! Nothing compared to what they've had to endure, obviously, but still unnecessary.

Or are they still all strewn like this when Alison comes to bed? It's SO sad to me that Elizabeth has to go through all of her grief alone, and isn't able to share it with any of them. I know she's the parent, but she needs their help too. And actually, this is only occurring to me now, but she doesn't even get to fall apart when she goes to bed at night, because Alison is there too!
5/23/2018 c8 Nanergb
While reading these chapters my heart aches & eyes fill with tears for The McCords. You are doing a wonderful job expressing the emotions w everyone. Looking forward to the rest of your story & reading the happy ending.
5/24/2018 c9 952queens1prince
You just had to go there, didn't you? Freaking pancakes! Such sadness.
5/24/2018 c9 15lilacmermaid33
I love that Elizabeth tried to make pancakes for Stevie, ESPECIALLY since it required that much effort because she's so astonishingly bad at it. The disaster zone in their kitchen would've been so funny if it wasn't so heartbreakingly sad! The way Stevie has been dealing with Henry's 'death' so far is pretty much exactly how I imagine Elizabeth dealt with the death of her own parents, so I'm a bit surprised that she wouldn't have intuitively understood that Stevie doesn't want to mark her special day.

Henry's letter to Stevie is beautiful. I love that he's writing to the rest of the family too, and not just Elizabeth. I hope once they see his letters they can appreciate (though perhaps not right away) how agonizing this whole experience has been for him as well.

Question - I forget if you've answered this, but is Henry completely cut off from the outside world? I know he can't contact anyone, but is there a way for him to go online or watch TV or even see a newspaper, getting a glimpse of Elizabeth that way?
5/24/2018 c8 2risingdancer
Only three months in :(
At first when Elizabeth made the call I thought she was calling Henry just to hear his voice in his voicemail. That would have been hard for Henry to see (if he still has his phone).
5/23/2018 c8 14lil'mousie323
Oh Will! I'm so glad he came to talk to Jason, I'm glad Elizabeth called him. I'm still so heartbroken, but I do hope wills talk with Jason helped some.
Can't wait for more!
5/23/2018 c8 15lilacmermaid33
Beautiful chapter! It's so sad to see Jason this angry, but I love how he articulates it, and I'm glad he was able to get it out. I kind of wish that Elizabeth had been able to reassure him right off the bat that Henry knew how much he loved him (though I get that she's struggling too, and maybe he wouldn't have been receptive to hearing it in that moment anyway), but choosing Will to fill that roll was a great choice too, and I'm so glad he was able to get through to him. Since we're about halfway through the six months now, I'm interested to see where it goes from here if Jason is still going to be so angry by the time Henry does return.

I forget - did Alison ever explain the fashion thing to Elizabeth, why that's linked to Henry for her? And in the one-shot version of this, I think you said that Alison has been sleeping in Henry's bed. Are we going to see that here?
5/20/2018 c7 14lil'mousie323
Kudos to Elizabeth for getting up the strength to go back to work. I hope the kids realize that a new "normal" doesn't mean she is forgetting Henry.?...moving on from him. Blake is absolutely fantastic with how he handled keeping the staff acting normal for her first day back.
I really love this story, eve though it's incredibly heartbreaking.
5/19/2018 c7 75AnonymouslyAddicted
I love that take on Alison, it was so great! And Blake is seriously a prince. I really wish you’d bring Henry back because I can’t stand him being away
5/19/2018 c7 15lilacmermaid33
I'm proud of Elizabeth for going back to work! Definitely not easy, but I love that she came to that decision after a lot of soul-searching, and remembering previous conversations with Henry. Love that she made it a family meeting, even if she already knew what she was leaning towards.

I hate that their grief is causing Stevie and especially Jason to make her life harder than it has to be. I know they're not doing it on purpose, but that doesn't make it any less hurtful. The idea that Elizabeth would ever be able to forget Henry is absurd, and she of all people knows what they're going through after losing her parents. Wondering if Elizabeth's own grief would have ever made her lash out at them too, even if she immediately regretted it? Though that would probably have come sometime before this.

I'm sad that Jason's line about trying to forget Henry forces Elizabeth to keep the photo on her desk, though it makes me even more impressed with her strength. I don't think Henry would have ever faulted her if looking at the picture for now was too painful, on top of an already difficult day.
139 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »