FanFiction.Net
for The Cactus and the Toad

8/21/2020 c28 3LongLiveTheKing32
I really enjoyed this :)
6/5/2020 c4 Zyana
Reading your story is feeling my until then gloomy day with laughing bubbles. Thanks a lot!
I longed for an interesting take at Neville and his parents, and who doesn't love Sarcastic Snape fighting cuteness urges?
5/10/2020 c17 Hetc
I enjoyed Hermione's ( entirely justified) rant about Ron. He was brave & funny & loyal & unkind & temperamental & human, but trust is vital in a friendship/relationship.
And poor Neville - is this a hint about a potential future?
5/10/2020 c16 Hetc
The story is developing nicely, with some puzzles. Neville is becoming himself as an adult & will need to get used to having parents, convalescent or not.
5/10/2020 c5 Hetc
This is a very interesting story so far. I do like the mimbulus mimbletonia & a kneazle kitten called Fiend. You are letting Snape & Neville's characters develop & I look forward to seeing what happens.
5/7/2020 c28 Ch10m4
Wonderful really
5/4/2020 c12 Guest
TOO FUNNY! GREAT STORY!
5/5/2020 c28 amk41196
I rarely see such well written fics. Thanks for sharing
4/30/2020 c28 3Mercury'sShadow
Absolutely loved this story! You did a great job bringing in the kneazle and you did a great job using Neville's perspective. Everyone was very in character - I could picture them all in your dialogue. I would have loved more of the battle with Minerva and Severus vs Lestrange and the healer but it is selfishness on my part. It was such a great scene that I just wanted more of Severus and Minerva battling together and Lestrange is a great enemy. Wonderful job! Thanks!
4/30/2020 c28 32unlikely2
There is a lot to like about this story. I particularly enjoyed the deft descriptions of places and events and your Neville in an interesting study of contrasts. Well told.
3/30/2020 c28 Joe Oudeis
I read the whole thing yesterday and I have to say, that I enjoyed it a lot. Not just because there are far to few stories which focus on the relationship between Neville and Snape out there, but because it is good.
You're creating a steady reading flow with very well written characters. They are reacting very in-character in the given situations, and the parts where one could argue that they don't (Snape's kitten) it is clearly intended and very funny indeed. No, the only thing that didn't sit quite right with me was that Frank and Alice recovered much too quickly. Yes, it was the healer's fault that nobody tried Leglimency but they still suffered severe torture and should, at least in my oppinion, struggle more with their daily life. They are also basicly still twenty-one and I couldn't really see that in your story.
But this is all criticsm on a very advanced level and I really wished there would be more FanFictions like that.
3/21/2020 c28 Guest
Excellent story. I came to this by way of your story Gates of Azkaban. That story was so good I decided to read this prequel. Both stories a very good on their own, but this explains more about how Hermione came to be working with Snape and why she is not with Ron. Abandoning her and Harry during their hunt for horcruxes does show you can’t depend on him in a tight spot. Dry good writing. I will watch for future stories by you. If there was a hard copy available I would buy both books. Can’t say any better than that. Congratulations.
2/14/2020 c28 Guest
Your story is original and well developed. I’ve enjoyed every word. An excellent piece of writing.
1/14/2020 c28 Guest
I don't often have the pleasure of reading a fanfiction with a satisfying ending. You have supplied that pleasure enough that it will be a struggle to go back to unfinished messes.
I don't want a sequel, I'd love more stories though, thank you for writing and I hope you continue
1/11/2020 c28 poorladymontague
This was such a good story! I am a sucker for platonic fanfics.
444 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »