for Counting Steps

11/12/2019 c5 5Xenolicious
Hope you come back and finish this one day. Absolutely brilliant.
8/24/2019 c5 Guest
Thank you so much! I was on the edge of my seat expecting neither to make it, I can't wait for the next chapter
3/23/2019 c5 3CruelestNightmare
It's been a long time since a piece if writing has made me cry. But I've found that your fic has made me feel so incredibly emotional for these characters. Because it's so realistic, so incredibly real. It's quite easy to remember that these characters of ours, if placed in our world, could have very easily died. Pepper's death had a huge impact on me, and reading her influence after her death.. I just couldn't hold in my tears. I grew up with these characters, and your writing has captured them so perfectly well. I hope you realize that, though there is very few people who remember Jane and the Dragon, your work, your writing has impacted one. Thank you so much for this.
8/4/2018 c5 daisy321
A bit late to the party on this one! The queen of angst is back on top form. Excellent story, I am greedy though and want to know what happened to the others and what happens next.
7/29/2018 c5 Kay
You can't leave us like that! I need more, this fic was so well written! Sequel please?
5/22/2018 c5 R.hawknys
I hope it's not over yet.
5/22/2018 c5 Lily
Oh my goodness. There is just so much to love about this chapter. Gunther, Pepper, and hopefully Dragon?
5/22/2018 c5 Bookloverdream
I’m so glad he doesn’t have six nipples. Poor, hairless pup. And EW, Laree! Sticky.
Seriously, though, Kyra, this is a lovely journey. I love how you’ve rounded it out with a wee glimpse of hope and counting wingbeats.
5/21/2018 c5 16Child of Dreams
(waving excitedly)
Hi, Dragon!
5/21/2018 c5 79SunRise19
Brilliant job here! I really enjoyed reading this. The fact you ended it where I choose to think Dragon has found them was awesome.
Well done! I always know something from you is always well written and thought out. :)
5/21/2018 c1 26lareepqg
Yup. All dead. Every last one of them. Gutted and hung to flap in the wind by their own innerds. And Gunther has had all the hairs burned off his body, so now he's as naked and weak like a baby with alopecia. when he gets to the top he'll have to crawl inside dragon's corpse to stay warm, like Luke in a tauntaun, though my fav part is where Gunther sheds his selkie skin and still has six nipples. OMG all you alls are cracking me up. There's more angst in the reviews then the actual story.
5/20/2018 c4 Bookloverdream
Woman, I am Exhausted. This is the longest trek up a flipping mountain in the history of ever. And everybody’s dead and Dragon is nowhere and Jane is bleeding out and Gunther is hairless. Hairless! Gah! Oh the drama! It hurts so good.
5/19/2018 c4 79SunRise19
And here I thought you write something happy after your vacation! lol.. :)
This is a very interesting story. All of your writings are breathtakingly beautiful and unique..raw and real. Brilliant job here!
I like how Pepper is guiding Gunther, how Jane was speaking to her, or Pepper speaking to Jane. I have my thoughts as to why Pepper went back to the kitchen, but I'll keep them to myself.
Wonderful job here I look forward to reading more!
5/15/2018 c4 31The Lightning Flash
I'm starting to think that there is more than one spirit on that mountain with them. Unless Pepper was granted all-encompassing knowledge in death she's not really the type to come up with a travois solution. Maybe it's Jane's grandfather? Hmm. Or else Gunther's becoming delusional and unable to accept the credit for his own ideas?

I hope at some point he will be able to acknowledge his own strength in this situation; he's a beast! Haha.
5/15/2018 c4 16Child of Dreams