for Sonnez Pour Moi

6/16/2018 c1 Eva
God - that was beautiful. You still write the most touching stories about Quasimodo and I really hope that you will keep on writing about him.
5/29/2018 c1 Jake
I'm really happy that you still write about Quasimodo - your stories are always the best. And I have to admit that I hope you will write a multi-chapter story soon.
5/29/2018 c1 Carina L
That's one of the saddest but also one of the most touching and adorable fanfictions I've ever read. :) 3
It's much sad that Quasimodo died that suddenly, no one was expecting his death that quickly. I remember from the Disney movie that Esmeralda saw "a long lifeline" when she was reading from his palm. As he was also younger than Phoebus and Esmeralda, everyone expected Quasimodo living longer than them as they wanted him to raise their children after they passed away, therefore making him the godfather of their children apart from loving him that much. It's sad that Quasimodo died before them, hence he wouldn't be able to see the children growing up and teaching them what he knew. :'( Did godparents wear white clothing during their godchildren's christening in medieval Paris?
It took some time reading the fanfiction until realizing Quasimodo's death that only happened when Quasimodo himself had realized that he had wings and hence was actually dead. Did he die when feeling much pain while ringing the bells for Theodore's christening, therefore he wasn't able to fully concentrate (also due to lack of sleep) and thus fell through the railing to the floor where he died from suffocation that was surely implied when he listened to the sounds of gasping and choking while he was breathing? I think that Quasimodo found out something was odd when he realized that he was able to hear again. Then, he realized that his clothing didn't fit him that perfectly any more as both tunic and sweater (were sweaters already known in medieval times?) hung loose around his neck. This issue implied that he wasn't that hunched over by his hump any more as his youth was restored after death, wasn't it? It was much sad that Quasimodo was aging that quickly; I suspect that he hired an apprentice who helped him ringing the bells when he began feeling pain in his joints and back that increased over time, denying him from sleep/comfort/rest and from walking long distances. :( Quasimodo seemed to have only a few years when he was able to walk about Paris; when he was younger, that was denied by Frollo, but when he was aged, his health status and increased pain prevented that.
Quasimodo wearing both tunic and sweater implied that it was cold outside, wasn't it; is it correct that he perceived the warmth as odd, too? Breathing must have been painful and restricted as well as he distinguished the difference with his actual breathing that lacked these properties.
How Quasimodo realized that the feather blanket were actually wings that were part of his body now as he could perceive when the feathered wings are touched was written very well; additionally, he could feel pain when he tugged one feather and pulled it out. Perceiving his health was the final step for realizing his death, wasn't it? However, the statement of people being restored to health and beauty after death wasn't completely true for Quasimodo. Although he was completely healthy then, his deformities remained, making him feel much devastated. It appears that the wings could feel what he was thinking as they wrapped him when he wanted to hide himself until he realized that his ugliness didn't matter at all: he was used to it by now and it wasn't important in the point of view of Esmeralda and the others who loved him nevertheless.
It makes much sense that Quasimodo examined his new wings much thoroughly as he certainly wanted to familiarize with them. Were both tunic and sweater torn when he moved his wings, and would his clothing fall off him at some point in time due to him moving his wings more extensively? It's touching that he enjoyed his strength when moving his wings. :)
I guess that the bell-ringing for Theodore's christening was incomplete due to Quasimodo's accident and death that certainly alerted Esmeralda and the clergy of Notre Dame. Do I get it correctly that the footsteps Quasimodo heard were originating from the apprentice looking after him who then disappeared to tell the clergy about his boss'/instructor's death?
Did the entire clergy of Notre Dame enter the bell-tower to either carry Quasimodo's dead body away or for ringing the bells? Quasimodo properly recognized his dead body lying on the floor only when Esmeralda was dealing with it. Poor Esmeralda, she couldn't believe her best friend's death. :'(
Although Esmeralda wasn't able to see Quasimodo any more, she seemed to understand what did happen to him when she saw the feather that he made drifting towards her. Quasimodo was actually able to hear her now but she wasn't able to hear him at all; did she feel him touching her shoulders with his wing? At the end, she stated that she knew the truth, i.e. Quasimodo becoming an angel after death. Will the priest leading her away be able to comfort her a bit with spiritual guidance?
After her departure, Quasimodo certainly felt the desire for leaving the bell-tower, didn't he? I had to smile at Quasimodo for being angry as the wrong bell was sounded as he was surely strict concerning what bells were sounded for what time/occasion as his job was his calling and hence meaning much to him. Of course he was angry with his apprentice first until he realized that the latter was doing the death knell for Quasimodo on purpose with Big Marie as she was Quasimodo's favourite bell, implying that the apprentice valued/appreciated his former boss/instructor much for everything he taught him and for him himself. Therefore he had the discussions with the clergy until he was able to enforce that they rang Big Marie with him, didn't he? Did the death knell consist of three tollings for three times with one bell in medieval Paris? After Quasimodo realized the meaning that Big Marie was rung for his death knell he was able to enjoy and appreciate his apprentice's decision. Quasimodo certainly was also happy that his apprentice rang the proper bell - Emmanuel - correctly after finishing the death knell. I guess Quasimodo realized that he had actually taught the apprentice to perform the job as a bell-ringer properly, hence the bells belonged to him now after Quasimodo's death. I think that Quasimodo was ready to leave and hence flew away after his former apprentice - who would certainly be the bell-ringer now - finished ringing the bells. I appreciate your choice for an ending a lot, it was much touching. I think that Quasimodo's death would be grieved greatly by Esmeralda, her family, the clergy and other Parisians, wouldn't he? The supporting characters - Esmeralda, Phoebus and their kids, the apprentice and the clergy - expressing their love, respect and appreciation towards Quasimodo featured some of the most touching and adorable scenes in my opinion. 3
5/28/2018 c1 11BrightBlueSkies
Sad yet wonderfully written
Well done :)
5/28/2018 c1 17knight-of-cookies
very beautiful story. love all the imagery and symbolism!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service