for Arkadia Revisited

1/6/2019 c1 Guest
Great story. So sad at the end.
8/26/2018 c1 Bailey Malone
This would have been a good conclusion to Season 1, explaining the absence of those characters. Well done!
6/12/2018 c1 dianne
such beautiful and sad story. Brought tears to my eyes.
6/8/2018 c1 Guest
Excellently crafted story, and ingenious way to explain the S2 absences. Would love to see more from you!
6/5/2018 c1 11RJEisenhuth
Bitter-sweet! Sometimes you have to take a sci fi fantasy story at face value but I wish we knew why the planet allowed the moon to go free (or breakaway) like it did - at the time it did. Also, considering how accelerated everything was, child birth, crops, and growth in general … could the Alphans on Arkadia be growing old before their time? We know Helena said Anna and Luke were healthy but the unknown, the bane of John Koenig's life on Alpha (!), is something to seriously consider.
However, when a people are as desperate at the Alphans, wanting a home as much as they did/do, I guess a lot of these dangling inconsistencies can be over-looked. Like in "Deaths Other Dominion" and "Matter of Life and Death" - the Alphans want to see what they what they want to see! Good story! Thanks Beth. I enjoy your style. :)
6/5/2018 c1 5Danita Louw
Interesting! I do enjoy "revisits" to the old season 1 episodes. I also enjoy open ended ideas like this one. Well done, once again. Hope to see more from you.
6/5/2018 c1 s.m.k.vandeven
Great story, it would certainly explain the absence of Victor Bergman, David Kano and Paul Morrow in season two.
One correction: The Alpha Technical Notebook gives the date of birth of Helena Russell : august, 1960. So when John Koenig starts his recording on Exodus Day (May 7, 2001) Helena is 40 years old and not 43.
Please keep up the writing, so good to read new stories. THANKS!
6/4/2018 c1 CroatoanRoanoak
Interesting story. The Testament of Arkadia was one of my Y1 favourites.

Not sure if you have read up on the Spce 1999 universe or not, but I have noted some things that for me anyway, detract from the story.
- there is no evidence to suggest that Luke and Anna were senior. Koenig asked Kano for the best. There can be a difference.
- the Kendo match implies a friendship, but given Luke’s betrayal later as well as Koenig’s attitude toward Luke and Anna when they told Koenig they wanted to live on the planet, it strikes me as less a strong friendship than more of colleagues who share the love of a particular martial art.
- Koenig’s middle name is Robert.
- one of the other Doctors in Medical was named Ben Vincent, not Edwards.
- you implied a big friendship between Koenig and Ferro yet Ferro is hardly mentioned, nor does he rate dialogue. You allow Davis to carry the scenes.
- something the size of the moon would have some effects on Arkadia, even if not in orbit.
- presumably there are the majority of Eagles on Arkadia. I can’t imagine Victor would not have even tried to mount a rescue - chase after the moon, much as Carter did in Breakaway. They would need the other Eagles for spare parts if nothing else. In the story you speak of Koenig waiting for the last Eagle to be loaded up. So, ALL the other Eagles are inoperable?
- since all stores and supplies and equipment would have been relocated to Arkadia, how would 4 people begin to survive (if they are alive).
- also, to house the former inhabitants of the base, Alpha would have to be striped bare. Everything would be on
Arkadia.

Congrats on writing your story. Just watch for inconsistencies and accuracy. Good job!