FanFiction.Net
for Getting to Know You

9/2/2018 c7 92KaliAnn
I think its reasonable to wonder. I would very much like to know how long a pokemon can live.
8/27/2018 c6 Anonymous Person
Honestly, in Sun and Moon especially I get the feeling that almost no one actually knows just how much Ash has experienced in his trainer journey. Granted, it isn't the easiest thing to realize with the way he acts around practically anything pokemon. The Litten situation is actually an example of the experience I think he must have by now. I'm going to wager a guess that it isn't often the professor sees a trainer who is able to form a connection with a pokemon like Litten that quickly. However from the viewers perspective it probably isn't that surprising when you think of the many other pokemon that Ash has encountered who had similar or just as tragic situations. Charmander, Chimchar and Tepig come to mind. Besides for that Ash just seems to have an affinity for fire type starters. Out of 7 regions he has 5 of the regional fire type starters. Add on to that 4 out of 5 had some kind of trauma before he captured them.
8/28/2018 c6 47Cottonmouth25
Just rewatched this episode the other day, as a matter of fact. Because so much of that episode’s focus was on Litten, it felt more like the writers shoved all human perspectives to the side in favor of emphasizing how Litten was coping. Not that that’s a bad thing. But this chapter is great because it explores how Ash and Kukui are affected as well, almost as much as Litten was affected.

Keep it up, fellow author!
8/24/2018 c6 92KaliAnn
You made one mistake. You wrote Litten died and Litten was having a hard time dealing with it. Other than that this chapter was awesome.
7/24/2018 c5 KaliAnn
Ah I wondered why in that episode he didn't use his Braviary!
7/24/2018 c1 11KnightLawn
Amazing this was great.
7/10/2018 c4 92KaliAnn
I really liked this chapter because its nice to read about how a teacher sees themselves and their students.
6/21/2018 c3 Anonymous Person
While I can understand why many people would be disappointed with the Sun and Moon and anime. Probably due to the drastic change in art style. I actually like the laid-back style of Sun and Moon. In fact, I've read some speculation that the laid-back style was definitely intentional, as a sort of breather after the high-tension events of the Kalos region. Though, as far as both your story and the actual anime goes, I've never understood why Ash doesn't occasional bring up his past experiences. Especially in a setting such as a legit school. His past experiences would certainly make for suitable learning material I'd imagine. Heck, he could even add on to some of Lana's jokes about legendary pokemon. I recall Lana mentioned Kyogre once, he could've inserted a comment about Kyogre, since as it stands, he has met Kyogre at least once. Another option would be saying how things remind him of different regions, for example Kiawe's Charizard. Or seeing pokemon that originate from different regions like Dragonair (pretty sure one was seen in at least one episode). Regardless, my point is that it irks me how Ash still seems like a rather ignorant kid at times despite the fact he should have the experience to tell him otherwise.
6/19/2018 c3 Guest
Y there's no fics like urs about dadkukia and sonAsh
6/20/2018 c3 47Cottonmouth25
Excellent story! I don’t think Sun and Moon is the best anime series out there, but I agree with you in that Kukui is amazing. It’s so cool to see that Ash has a sort-of father figure to look after him (and mother figure if Burnet sticks around). He’s definitely one of my favorite characters.

As for the story itself, there are a couple of things I should let you know about - you spell Kukui’s name as “Kakui” a couple of times, so keep a closer eye on that. Also, the word Pokémon should be capitalized, since that’s how it’s written in all official sources. Other than those minor issues, this is an excellently-written story!

I’ve recently been reading a similar story called A Professor and a Student on another fanfic website, which also explores Kukui’s day-to-day experiences as he looks after Ash. This fic reminds me of it, and I would really like to see more. I’ll be keeping an eye out for future updates! Keep up the good work!
6/20/2018 c3 92KaliAnn
These chapters are great! I've never read a story like this and it is a surprisingly refreshing to just read about normal interaction.
6/19/2018 c3 40Destiny Willowleaf