for It Was Going to Be a Long Weekend

2/8 c43 Callisto's Moon
Love to see a new chapter for this story! This was a great, and aptly named, "aftermath" chapter. I feel so sorry for Alex, as he is trying so hard yet feels like he is flailing about...even with making the logical leap of him probably being one of the best, if not THE best, foster father Jaime has ever had. Certainly the one who Jaime has been most attached to. I'm glad he has started talking to the Croms about things, as they had great advice.

Can't wait for the next update! As a funny aside, I actually had a dream a few nights ago about this story updating with a chapter and noticing the word count was around 760,000! You know what my reaction was to seeing that? Pure joy!
2/8 c43 597Ghostwriter
Aww poor Alex. He's trying so hard. He'll get it.
12/21/2020 c42 Callisto's Moon
Another amazing chapter to the story. Loved seeing a scene with Brooke, as she was a character that hadn't been showcased yet here. You nailed her personality really well and captured the dynamic that Jaime and Brooke had in the show, with Jaime behaving like a protective (and teasing) big brother toward her. Very sweet!

One thing I don't think I mentioned before is how good you are at creating interesting emergency calls for the EMT squad. They have enough details to paint a vivid picture about what goes on during calls, while still keeping focus on the core characters and plotlines that drive the story.

Seeing how worried Jaime got was so heart-wrenching and endearing. Just reinforces how much Alex and Jaime already act like father and son, as well the growing strength of the bond between them. I also love how Alex frequently he calls Jaime "kiddo" now. A wonderful endearment for him to use.
12/21/2020 c42 Ghostwriter
Aww poor Jamie. Well done.
12/21/2020 c42 5MelsieR
You know, I LOVE the Alex calls Jamie Kiddo! I'm sure Jaime has never had this kind of affection from an adult.. its good to see other characters again. Characters are spot on.
11/27/2020 c41 Callisto's Moon
Woohoo, a Thanksgiving gift in the form of an update! **Cue happy dance**

Now this is a very interesting chapter! First up, I love that Caitie is such a good friend to Jaime that she went to confront Alex. Very endearing (also very NOT smart on her end, as Alex rightfully pointed out, but the action is completely in character for her to do).

Alex continues to demonstrate his awesomeness at parenting. From the immediate worry he felt to the mental mini-freak outs he has about not being prepared to his logical, yet compassionate approach with Jaime, pretty much everything he does just makes me love his character more!

It seems that the cracks in Jaime's armor are starting to deepen and it feels that the story is getting closer to a pivotal moment, which I can't wait for! This chapter is one of my new favorites now.

As always, thank you so much for taking the time to work on and post this story. I absolutely love it and look forward to the next installment!
11/27/2020 c41 597Ghostwriter
Oh poor Alex. And that is SO Catie. Well done. Keep it up.
11/17/2020 c40 Callisto's Moon
Ah, an update to my favorite In a Heartbeat story! I literally gave a small shout of joy when I saw the notification. You instantly made this a great day for me, so thank you for that.

This chapter was quite heartfelt from Alex. He is showing off just how good at parenting he is; mixing firm, logical rule enforcement with compassion and understanding. Making Jaime finish his homework while starting to open the door to directly talking about core topics that the two of them need to address in the way he did was touching. Perfectly in character for him to do this as well.

Turning attention to Jaime, you really deserve some special kudos for how you write his reactions. It is both frustrating and completely understandable why he is essentially incapable of even talking about the past. His denial/refusal to address it was really his only defense against the pain for a long time and you do an excellent job of conveying that in the storyline and in how Jaime's thoughts play out. It makes me wonder just how things will play out to break down those seemingly insurmountable barriers.

As always, I will eagerly await the next chapter! Thank you for continuing to post this awesome story. Hope you stay safe and healthy.
11/17/2020 c40 5MelsieR
Wow! This chapter was deep. Hopefully, one day Jaime will open up and trust Alex more. I like how you always rap up an intense chapter with a little up beat moment, like doing homework, haha. I hope you are well.
11/17/2020 c40 597Ghostwriter
Awesome job. I'm loving this fic more and more. Keep it up.
10/17/2020 c39 Guest
Its nice that Jamie has good friends! Its great that the squad seems to know everything that's going on with Jamies situation or at least that all of this isn't secret. Can't wait for more. I hope you are well.
9/21/2020 c39 Callisto's Moon
YES, a chapter from one of the squad and I loved every bit of it! Hank's bewilderment at Jaime's behavior was highly amusing. The last part in the end where Hank mentions Jaime watching out for Alex was heart-melting (what can I say, my heart melts easily with regard to anything Jaime or Alex do).

This did exactly what I had been curious about for awhile: conveys a good idea what one of the squad members thinks about the fostering situation. Thanks for this new "third party" chapter, as they are really nice additions to the story occasionally.

You have a good handle on Hank's character and his straight arrow nature contrasts well with Jaime (as well as creating quite funny scenes whenever French comes up!). I am curious now if we will hear anything from Val in the future. We have had scenes with Catie, Tyler, and Hank. Val is the only one of the squad we have had only mentions of, so it would be interesting to have her present in a scene eventually.

Thanks again for posting and looking forward to another chapter!
9/21/2020 c39 Ghostwriter
I love Hank being all brotherly and protective towards Jamie. I wouldn't expect anything less from the "Hero Squad". Love this fic. Keep it up.
9/1/2020 c38 5MelsieR
Aawww! Its really nice to see Jamie excited about something. Also, Alex giving him some freedom back, lets just hope Jamie doesnt screw it up, haha.
8/30/2020 c38 Callisto's Moon
Awww, some father-son bonding activities! Love it. The interaction between these two are so endearing to read.

Can't wait for the next chapter, as usual.
76 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »