for It Was Going to Be a Long Weekend

5/16/2020 c32 597Ghostwriter
Aww poor Alex. Bless his heart, he's trying. I'm loving it. Keep it up.
5/16/2020 c32 Callisto's Moon
Every time I see a new chapter up for this story, I get so excited and this chapter did not disappoint! It was heartbreaking to hear the additional details we got and even more heartbreaking to have confirmation that Jaime has indeed been bottling everything up inside. Story-wise, that is quite fitting to Jaime's personality and makes for a good flow to the story, as it is one thing to hear second hand about what Jaime went through from Sonja or read in a file, but so much more powerful if we get details from Jaime himself to Alex. Great job giving some extra details while (I'm assuming) continuing to build up toward a more emotional and powerful scene.

As always, the descriptions of Alex's reaction was great, as was Sonja's. I get the feeling that if Alex was sobered by just reading the stats in those books he picked up awhile ago, he has a real gut punch coming when he reads those files.

Love this story and will eagerly await a new chapter!
5/4/2020 c31 5MelsieR
Uh-oh! I think we are going to need tissues in the future. This is a great chapter.
5/4/2020 c31 Callisto's Moon
Yes, getting into the visit! Jamie's perspective on this was great to read. Him being so upset about Alex finding out about the stuff in his past is so heartbreaking! What really tugs at my heartstrings is the fact that the natural urge to hug someone who is upset to provide affection and comfort would not do that for Jamie at the moment, yet he REALLY needs that comfort and love. I really look forward to the day that Jamie will be able to accept and find comfort in a loving, parental hug from Alex.

I can not wait for the next chapter when we get to see Alex's perspective on this visit and the talk he will have with Sonja. I hope Sonja can brace him well for whatever is in those files...

Excellent chapter as always!
5/3/2020 c31 597Ghostwriter
He's hiding abuse of course. *Shakes head* Oh Jamie. But then again, I can sorta understand WHY he would hide it. Well done. Keep it up.
4/21/2020 c30 Callisto's Moon
*does happy dance at the quick new chapter posting*

This chapter, as usual from you, was great! So many points I want to make... First, I need to give kudos to the sense of humor and the great character interaction you weave in to the writing. Reading over how Alex and Jamie talk about schoolwork, the upcoming Sonja visit (which I am super keen on reading about that, especially once Alex gets his hands on Jamie's file!), and how strangling people would indeed involve bending just brings a huge smile to my face.

Second, I agree with Alex: it is frightening that those classes are more about how the system works than actual good parent-child bonding topics to assist/aid fostering. Still love hearing Alex's thoughts on them, though I'm thinking the really interesting bits will be when those visits happen and when/if we read when he interacts with the support group/mentor.

Third, with the mentioning of Kenny in this chapter, I'm also really interested on how that plotline is going to go. I'm both extremely curious and dreading it. I detested Kenny's character in the series and even in just indirect mentions of his character in this story, you nailed his utterly repugnant personality. Eh, I'll just make sure to have some tissues ready when that part drops! :)

Alright, this review is already insanely long, so I'll stop here and just say again how much I love this story and that I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
4/21/2020 c30 Ghostwriter
*Shakes head at these too.* Boys, boys, boys. Great work. Keep it up.
4/18/2020 c29 Callisto's Moon
Another great chapter. Each one just increases my curiosity about Jamie’s past. My heart breaks a bit imagining what Jamie has gone through and yet he still turned out to be the kind-hearted rogue we all know and love. Alex’s no-nonsense “this is how it should be” manner is really what Jamie needs.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
4/18/2020 c29 Ghostwriter
Stubborn, stubborn Jamie. Poor kid. Well done.
4/6/2020 c28 5MelsieR
Another amazing chapter! I love how this story is developing!
4/5/2020 c28 Callisto's Moon
Excellent chapter! I just love how Alex and Jamie interact and are written in this fic. You have both their personalities down perfectly and everything I have read so far I can easily see fitting into the canon (and is definitely now adopted into my own official head canon!).

I cannot wait until this story gets to so many things that you have set up. Going into the details surrounding Jamie's father (which I'm pretty sure you are going to make me cry and I am going to love you for that), Alex's reaction to the whatever the full details of Jamie's past are, Alex's reaction to learning more in the classes, etc. Most of all, I look forward to reading how Alex and Jamie's relationship continues to evolve and grow closer. You really have a great talent at writing amazing stories in the Hurt/Comfort/Family genre!

As always now, I'll be waiting on baited breath for the next chapter.
4/5/2020 c28 597Ghostwriter
Ooh wow. Poor Jamie. I have a feeling he was abused in some way by his dad. Well done here. Keep it up.
4/3/2020 c27 Callisto's Moon
I have just binge-read this story and absolutely love it! I loved In a Heartbeat when it was originally on and frequently re-watch the episode every so often (such a shame the series didn't go for longer). The evolving relationship you have created between Jamie and Alex feels natural and is quite emotionally griping, which prompted the binge-reading of it. I can't give you enough virtual kudos for this story and really hope to see updates for it soon!
3/22/2020 c27 Ghostwriter
Well this is going to be interesting. Wonder what Alex will say when he learns that Jamie was working.
3/2/2020 c26 Ghostwriter
I love Alex and I love the reality you created here. Keep it up.
76 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »