for A Little Girl in Torquay

9/4 c16 21keitaya
A beautiful story that holds so true to the CTM characters. You have a true talent in capturing the essence of their world.
I hope that you will, someday, come back and finish the story.
P.s. your GO stories are great too.
3/19 c16 Hollyelvira
More please I love it
10/2/2019 c16 Annebronterocks
Sigh...

Well, at least Chummy knows that Trixie's lashing out from her own recent breakup as much as anything else.

I don't suppose she could go have a little chat with Christopher? I always wished that storyline could have been fixed...
10/3/2019 c16 23Weshallc
Oh, good job! Peter and Chummy's relationship is so well-balanced. Some fantastic lines in this, I particularly liked your description of Tom and Trixie's relationship. Seeing these 3 together at this stage of their lives with the mention of Cynthia was so well written and so believable. I do like how you have opened up this story making room for some painful realism and making it so close to home that it can't be just brushed aside.
8/6/2019 c15 Annebronterocks
I have tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms...

Wow. So this is why you brought Rhoda and Susan into the story early on! My first reaction was, "OMG, now Susan will have a BFF who is just like her!" But Chummy just puts me to shame; I don't think I would have the guts to adopt a kid with very obvious special needs. But bless her heart (and Peter's)!
8/6/2019 c15 Weshallc
Well, this chapter has everything. Including Rev A-T you write him perfectly, no surprise there and I could hear Jane's ever more confident voice too. The Rag Doll, Turtle Necks, announcements at Nonnatus and the wonderful way you related it all back to previous announcements, all through the eyes of Peter, excellent. The contrast between Chummy's life that she wants for ALL her children and her own childhood were striking and the photograph itself...magic hankie, please.
7/3/2019 c14 Weshallc
The attention to detail here is incredible I really do become immersed in the world of this family. The scene setting is so perfect with your descriptions of the weather and the way the Noakes’ and their friends interact and support each other. I like the fact that the nightmare aspect of the Turner’s early adoption experience has long been healed for Shelagh and she is able to relate to Chummy’s anticipation and offer some of her sound advice. “...remaining calm while brimming with vicarious joy.” The timing of the letter and the replanting of the Camilla beautiful.
7/2/2019 c14 Hollyelvira
Lllllooooovvvveeeeessssss Lllllooooovvvveeeeessssss it Moooooorrrrrreeeee please
6/1/2019 c13 Weshallc
We know how well you get into Chummy's personality and back story, but you do equally well with Peter. I have known some missionaries and aid workers who have had to make these difficult descisions, balancing their calling or conviction with their childrens education and saftey. Chummy is always balancing her past, present and future and trying to find a better way. God love Trixie! You describe the Herbert wedding so vividly, it's more exciting than it was on telly. Mattie's words echo Sr Evie's which is lovely.
6/1/2019 c12 Weshallc
This is really good, Chummy finding her way back to reason through the familiarity of her home and family life she has created with Peter. Love the nod to Bobby Helms. Also that you predominatley refer to the doctor, not Dr Turner or Patrick, while he is being exactly just that. Oh and you don't have to thank me for anything. I could talk about this fic until the cows, goats, donkeys, alpacas or any other CtM related animal comes home.
5/26/2019 c13 Hollyelvira
Lllllooooovvvveeeeessssss Lllllooooovvvveeeeessssss it please update real soon as possible and I love it please make chapters longer
5/26/2019 c12 Hollyelvira
Moooooorrrrrreeeee Lllllooooovvvveeeeessssss it please update real soon as possible and please make chapters longer
3/23/2019 c11 Weshallc
Yes, I like the way this fills in the gaps and addresses some of the anomalies in the corresponding episode. Poor Patrick (just a smidge indeed) he now has 3 of them ganging up on him. I never understood why he didn't just grab Tim, a pale ale and the darts. Thankfully you gave him something to do during his Shelagh imposed banishment and of course it's perfect as it was with SMC due to shared experience. Chummy's spiral into altered reality shows what a thoughtful and insightful writer you are, it is so convincing.
3/22/2019 c10 Weshallc
The phone call is so funny, we have all done that and Trixie's reply, so Trixie. The toilet humour made me laugh too, I can just imagine them coping with their responsibilities and fears in that way. The small details of family life and the attention to detail of the era are wonderful as always. The noon-rule and Sunday closing among them. Stubborn Shelagh and gentle but firm Chummy are spot on. Chummy trying to align her concerns for SMC with her father's opinions reflect nicely with the gradual change in understanding and attitudes concerning MH. I love the call back to God's promise to Noah which Chummy had been finding comfort in. Then the blanket revealed a gorgeous parallel to a blanket once made for her. A really lovely chapter about family. friends, faith and hope.
3/20/2019 c11 Hollyelvira