for Every Chance We Get

6/27 c3 Veronica Rosen
Please please please please PLEASE update...
11/2/2019 c3 all forms of fluff
First time through.

I rather liked this story, or sets of stories as the case may be. The frustrated anger that Eliot has over his blindness, but also his acceptingness that it is a fact of life he just has to deal with when others are confronted with his disability is really well done. I never get that feeling that you are lecturing to the readers that 'these are the rules that you must obey when dealing with blind people.' While at the same time you are giving those who might have never experienced that situation some handy tools when dealing with them. Saying that, if Eliot can still preform as a Hitter without everyone he encounters learning about his blindness then wouldn't there be cases where no one but his team ever learns about it? I'm picturing the episode where the team steals all the kids from an orphanage where he is sweet talking the woman in charge and Sophie describing the woman he is flirting with to such a degree that the woman never suspects that he isn't just an oil baron looking to make a movie.

Story idea aside. I have enjoyed reading your stories. And will look forward to more in the future.
9/20/2019 c3 Sarah
I have enjoyed this fic, it puts a lot into perspective and is very well thought out in how it does so. I look forward to reading more when you have it ready
6/25/2019 c3 1DW.618
This is an AMAZING story. I'm so glad I stumbled on it. You have completely nailed our 5 friends from Leverage. They sound and behave just like they should. Love Parker's attempts at "being" blind...very Parker-ish. You have taught me so much about the reality of life for someone with a vision loss. I hadn't heard of some of the tools (the liquid sensor, Braille display, etc) and hadn't thought about having to ask for help with an unfamiliar microwave, etc. Having Elliott be blind fits with well within the canon stories. His ability to be a hitter stays intact. Love that you have him be the martial arts teacher also! Always love the idea of seeing the 5 having real lives as well as their Robin Hood roles. Look forward to reading more.
6/18/2019 c3 628
Ahhhhh! Another story i loved instantly, you are awesome!
6/12/2019 c3 Guest
it is really interesting to see the techniques used by Eliot - your research shows - great job!
2/5/2019 c2 WolfhoundLove1
I'm not a writer at all but 2 of my daughter's are, one very seriously so I know how difficult it can be at times between and life in general to get to writing when you want you must really be in the proper mood to write. So don't feel guilty if it takes awhile. Just don't wait so long that people need to start from the beginning again.
I think of Jane Auel with her series of books. There were MANY years between her books at times. By the time her last one came out it had been so long since she's written anything she lost her touch. Damn shame. It took a fanfic writer to write a good ending for her Clan of t he Cave Bear books. He did a brilliant job. If you're ever interested his name is Andy Black and his story is The Sacred Mountain.
You did a fantastic job with this story. I loved every minute of it. Thank you for your time and efforts.
12/21/2018 c2 Guest
IT! Post soon
12/8/2018 c2 Guest
Well done, again! I really enjoy your storytelling. Thanks for explaining your use of “identity first” language. I’m sorry if my comment was seen as offensive or ableist, as that is not how I intended it. Please keep writing!
7/6/2018 c1 1novisha.rivera.1
Holy smokes, that was great. You mentioned more?
7/2/2018 c1 Guest
I loved this. Thank you for portraying people with disabilities as people, first. Your writing flows nicely and the characterizations were very good. I didn’t find Eliot as a blind retrieval specialist any less believable than an Eliot that gets whomped every other day and still manages to defeat a horde of bad guys. Well done.

As an advocate for people with disabilities, I would encourage you to research “person first language,” and keep writing! Can’t wait for the next chapter!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service