for The Weight of a Broken Soul

7/21 c6 Shipping Is Magic 4 Ever
Hmm, sounds about right, I like the reasoning. I will patiently wait, no matter how long, I'm sure once you have it all re-wrote and completed it will be great.
5/25 c6 Cassiopeia Lily
You do you, Author. Honestly, reading a story that's only fun for the readers and not the authors dampens my mood, that's why I think it's a great idea. I'll also look forward for your future works!
5/13 c6 ContinueFreak
Alright.
1/29/2020 c5 WaitingReader
The only thing more painful than watching these characters suffer is the fact it’s been almost a year since any chapter was put up. I love this fan fic!
11/29/2019 c5 1darkpaladin89
Erm... Someone needs to go with her, stat.

You don't have to, can't, and shouldn't try to do it alone.

All Might is pissed. Were it that he could join the fight.

This isn't something either of them caused... but Deku is bloody well going to finish it, I'm sure.

Independent study, huh? That sounds risky. Shigaraki would almost certainly keep on attacking Izu-chan's friends to try to draw him out if he dropped off the map like that.

NO. YOU DIDN'T DO THAT. YAMERO!

Seven days... Hoo boy.
11/29/2019 c4 darkpaladin89
If they did that to her fingers... nerve damage or no, that may render her Quirk effectively dead. *frown*

...Not a good time, Ashido.

Breathe, Izu-chan... Breathe.

Why did Aizawa send everyone off? That's more than a little odd... unless...?

Oh. Not what I thought, but still something only he would really get.

...Shit. Just... shit. That's a hell of a weight.
11/29/2019 c3 darkpaladin89
You can't do this alone, Izu-chan. Bring other people in. They want to set this right as much as you do. Nezu especially.

I'd bring Snipe in on it too. He's good people.

YOU STOP THAT, SHOUTO-KUN. You are NOT useless, and you are NOT impervious to rebuilding!

Most anything could be added to your training, if you're creative enough. :3
11/29/2019 c2 darkpaladin89
They have your back, Izu-chan. And they have each other's backs too.

Your name in her blood? What the FUCK?!

Yaoyorozu is a budding Mama Bear. She's gonna cloud up and rain all over whoever did this.

Nezu and Recovery Girl are, I daresay, scarier than even Izu-chan when they get pissed off. Especially Nezu, with his ability to play the long game as well as he can.
11/29/2019 c1 darkpaladin89
What did they do to her? *tears*

This is killing him inside, even more than anything that happened with All Might.
2/27/2019 c5 Shipping Is Magic 4 Ever
Really surprising, I didn't expect that you would explore more characters outside the already established that soon, and Tsu was a really good choice. About that choice at the end, I know the usual right one and the one is quite portrayed in several media is stay and fight, but me personally I'm not sure if there's really a right one and so I'll trust your instinct there. Also, sure I'll be glad if you decide to explore even more students but it really has to be quite selective here IMO, like just those that are relatively close to both Izuku and/or Ochako, from the girls I would say Tsu (again, good choice) and Mina, the boys I would say Iida, Shoto and Bakugo.

And the moment before Ochako's kidnapping, I have a theory of how it was possible, I may PM you for more detail.

So yeah, I look forward for more Ochako's POV.
2/26/2019 c5 MSPRIGGS
Woah that chapter was lit. I really enjoyed the class reactions
2/26/2019 c5 13Ooobserver
Tsu really is the emotional pillar of the class. I feel like that makes it a perfect symbolism for her to have that pillar gradually crumble in the wake of something that no person is every prepared to face. Her talk with Tokoyami was my favorite part of the chapter, an interesting dynamic of one who supports and one who hides neigh being thrown out of their comfort zones.

This third option really sets the stage for the future. I feel like it wouldn’t have been mentioned it Izuku wasn’t tempted to take it. I couldn’t even begin to guess how the story will progress should he do so, but I am definitely looking for ward to hearing from Ochaco next time.
2/25/2019 c5 a-female-human-bean
2/25/2019 c5 fencer29
Interesting to follow Tsu's reaction - with limited time and space it really isn't practical to go through all of the student's reactions so she's probably a good representative for what much of the rest of the class has been feeling. Plus if she breaks then the rest of the girls are likely to topple as well (I'm sure that Yaoyorozu would try to fill in for Tsu but her own insecurities are likely to undermine any efforts on her part to serve as the new class onee-san - a role which Tsu seems to fill rather well).

Tsu's section also provided a little bit on insight into how the League was able to abduct Uraraka so easily (a surprise visit by her father?). Depending on how much blood she had to work with, Toga could have really messed with Uraraka's mind over the last couple of months (imagine her parent's reaction if the first thing their daughter does upon seeing them is to scream in terror and struggle to get as far back away from them as possible).

Moving on, I was a little surprised that Midoriya was actually given three choices - I'd figured his only choices would be to quit and disappear entirely (which we all know wasn't going to happen) or to leave UA and begin an intense training regiment in isolation. Of those three options, remaining at UA is probably the best choice. Not only does UA have a wide variety of instructors (while All Might may possess great combat instinct he's still a lousy teacher, and while Gran Torino would surely try to help there is only so much he can do by himself), but it also has all those extravagant facilities. Plus UA has Nezu, who seems to be ready to show those fools at the League what true villainy looks like. (plus I feel that I've seen enough of stories which take the isolated training path of late).

Add to that, if Midoriya were to ask his classmates they'd probably end up telling him that his leaving wouldn't be likely to make them any safer. Shigiraki would simply start preying on them one after another in hopes of drawing Midoriya out of hiding.

Now on to a harsher note, your spelling and grammar seemed a little bit off this chapter. Hopefully this is merely a reflection of your recent health issues and will rectify itself as your health improves, because I'm pretty sure that you can do better than this.
2/25/2019 c5 4DragonStorm88
Great job. Really enjoying the story so far. You asked for input and I don’t know if this is what you meant, but I think Deku taking the third option would be the wrong choice. Based on how the characters act in canon, they wouldn’t take that well and I’d be willing to bet that at the very least Bakugou and Todoroki would go looking for him, if not more people. I kinda hoped you were hinting that he wouldn’t take that option when Deku brought up the mental health thing as well, because I think it’s important for the healing process for both Deku and Uraraka for them to have contact. (Please note this is only my opinion based on what I’ve seen, I’m not caught up in the manga and haven’t even caught up to the show, though I have seen all the episodes currently out)
51 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »