for The Show Must Go On

10/17/2018 c1 30Abracadebra
This was really very sweet, and a nice glimpse into the makings of a future scamp.
7/12/2018 c1 momgobloo
This is really sweet. And what a great snippet that gives so much insight into Newkirk! Great job!
7/9/2018 c1 1NickTonyK
I really loved this snippet of life for Peter. I would have loved to see what he thought of having a new sibling. I could somehow imagine it not going as smoothly as Peter's mom would have liked! Mischief in the theater would ensue, especially when his father comes along. Gee, I wish you would write more!
7/8/2018 c1 54Signy1
I enjoyed this immensely. It's a nice bit of backstory, filling in details like where he learned stage magic, that one, fleeting reference to his mother's theatrical past, and, of course, his problematical relationship with his dad. The voices flow naturally and believably, and the pacing is good. Well done!
7/8/2018 c1 25L. E. Wigman
It certainly does have a life! It’s so sweet to see a story about our heroes pre-war. I say that all the time, but it’s true. You took a simple comment from the series - ‘she was a beautiful dancer right up till the end’ - and created an authentic, clear picture of Newkirk’s mum. She seems to be where his spunk comes from - her defense of husband was truly touching. I heartily congratulate you on a piece well written!
7/8/2018 c1 119katbybee
This is a very sweet story you have written...and one that fits so very close to how it really could have been for Peter when he was a little boy. I love stories about the heroes when they were young, anyway, and you have captured this one absolutely perfectly. I could hear the characters, see the setting...the shabby theatre, the various performers...even the audience. And I could feel his Mum's desperation, and devotion. I love the beautifully rich portrait of this mother-son you painted from the very few details that were ever given in canon about Peter's mother. I also like that you did not actually come out and have her tell Peter about Mavis...but he somehow understood that something was about to change...One final note...I LOVE the fact that you named Peter's father the same as I did in my fanon! I thought that was awesome! (Prisoners of the Christmas Truce.) Excellent Story!
7/8/2018 c1 BJ2
It’s weird... I can watch an old episode of Bonanza and very easily Imagine the Cartwrights coming to life, but until I read your stories it never happened to anyone else. Peter was always my favorite of the gang (as was Adam of the Cartwrights) it’s nice to see this little glimpse into his life before we get to meet him.