FanFiction.Net
for The Inevitability of Oversight

12/27/2021 c35 cameron1812
Hard to put into words my appreciation for such an incredibly moving chapter. Wow. When Anakin breaks down... Whoooooo... It feels like your entire story has led to this chapter, where Anakin finally has enough healing to take this huge step on his road to recovery, and Obi-wan has the wisdom (i.e. not broken, jaded, cynical yet) to listen, to comfort, to laugh, to support, and to realize and embrace that he is part of the healing process.

Holy smokes. Riveting. Thank you.

Cam
12/27/2021 c35 9ThePhengophobicGamer
I hadn't fully realized till this chapter that the Prequels weren't just Anakin's fall, but a partial view at the Jedi's fall(other than the obvious part, anyway) And even Obi Wan's and Yoda's. It's interesting to realize that even just the 3 years of the Clone War ground down respectable Jedi to the point we saw Obi Wan and Yoda in the OT and end of 3. I always thought that part of that story was Obi-Wan and Yoda failing Anakin again by not beliving he could be turned back from the dark, that they would try and direct his own son to kill him, potentially leading to a similar fall for Luke should he learn the truth, almost delivering Palpatine a new apprentice. In the end, Luke proved he was the better Jedi and the one who should rebuild the Jedi.

That's a big part of why I was not overly fond of Luke in the ST, though I did somewhat like that he followed in his teacher's footsteps, exiling himnself for his own failings, but his failing shouldn't have been something he'd have done in the first place. I felt then that TLJ would have gone over alot smoother had a book come out following Luke collecting old Jedi teachings and slowly getting brainwashed in the same dogma that blinded Obi Wan and Yoda into beliveing the dark was the worst thing imaginable. Had that have been established before he tried to kill Ben then hesitate, I feel like most fans might have actually been okay(or at least far less resistant to it) with the portrayal in the ST, and so that's been my headcanon for some time.

But back on topic it's another layer of depth that can be added by fanon interpritations to justify the Prequels haveing been done the way they were, and why subsequent material is always helpful, in going into more detail rather than just the broad strokes we saw in the movies to help fans understand how Anakin went from rebellious Jedi to hateful Sith, another thing this story has done an amazing job of, really humanizing Anakin and making you sympathize with him and his fall, and reallyjust get emotionally invested.
12/26/2021 c35 53Death Fury
Excellent chapter
12/26/2021 c35 11stars90
Jeez. That may actually have been one of the most emotionally intense episodes of this story. Didn't think we could get there from where we were, but Dang...
12/26/2021 c35 2Fire Tempest
Another fantastic chapter. Thank you!
12/26/2021 c35 badkidoh
Good chapter.
12/25/2021 c35 12Silverleone
Trauma is something you sadly can't walk away from. That was a startling realization I personally had just a few days ago. Anakin will probably always carry the scars of what Vader had done. But he'll find happiness at some point. He may have Fallen, but he got back up!
~Silverleone
12/25/2021 c35 1RUbookworm
Lovely chapter! Can’t wait for the next one! Merry Christmas!
12/25/2021 c35 1Secundum
Seems odd that Ob-Wan didn't have more of a reaction to Jenna Zan Arbor showing up again, especially as she was a major arc villain the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon novels.
12/25/2021 c35 LeoniLiponscovi2
Awesome fic!
12/25/2021 c35 11Haku's Lover18
Awesome! I love Obi’s reaction, so different but similar to the true him but he knows he has to be better. I can’t wait for more!
12/25/2021 c35 12SpaceTime1969
happy holidays!
12/25/2021 c35 NickMcGinty
IT’S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE
12/25/2021 c35 95TMI Fairy
Killing the Tusken filth was Anakin's Good Deed of the Year!
12/25/2021 c35 ShnabS
This break down is so out of place it's not even funny.
1,919 « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »