for Adventures in the Making

9/21/2020 c7 66BrokenKestral
There is a phrase with which Aravis is likely familiar, and which I will share with you now: it is 'counting chickens before they've hatched.'
And I'm very sorry to tell you that Aravis was doing just that” — that sounded exactly like some of Lewis’s passages, and it made me smile to read it, like hearing the familiar voice of a friend.

I loved the portion of conversation after the reunion. The dance of person and horse and two stories to tell flowed perfectly smoothly, and the end , where Shasta knew Bree was listening too, was delightful. Thank you!
9/21/2020 c5 BrokenKestral
Oh, Aravis. You are learning, and now you use what you’ve learned. You definitely have need of it.

The last line of this chapter—I’ve known that. Something CAN’T have gone right; it just hasn’t gone wrong yet. Beautifully done.
9/21/2020 c4 BrokenKestral
Hmmm, I thought the Shasta half would be my favorite through the stories, but in this one Aramis won out. I guess I love characters learning wisdom.

Also, the moment Shasta felt Queen Susan’s hug was thrummed time a longing in most hearts. Beautiful.
9/21/2020 c3 BrokenKestral
You portray the learning of lessons very well; the growth of girl to companion, just touching on friend. And the kindness that is so rarely wise, from one life to a different one. Incredibly well done.
9/21/2020 c1 Guest
Your picture of Shasta’s strength was compelling, and very true. There is a strength in holding on to hope that is rare and hard to measure, till the darkness comes. Beautiful.

Looking forward to more!
4/4/2020 c6 Anonymousme
Finally somebody that is using the quarantine time towards a good end! This chapter was excellently outstanding as usual, and I was so excited to see it updated! Though wasn't Bree's ' ''But what if Shasta is not at the Tombs'' ' meant to be a question? Stay safe, update soon and keep writing!
2/14/2020 c5 Anonymousme
My pestering has paid off! A new chapter has arrived! At last, at last. Please, update soon, finish this in time, and keep writing. Please keep writing!
2/13/2020 c5 joyfish98
This is splendid! I very much enjoyed this chapter.
2/7/2020 c4 Anonymousme
I just reread this for at least the third time, and oh, how I love how good is it. Please, please update!
10/27/2019 c4 Anonymousme
So continue! Please, please, please do update. I love this and it would really be a shame for such a good story to just go to waste. All the characterizations are so spot on, the writing is fantastic, and I loved what there is of this. Please update...!
3/18/2019 c3 joyfish98
Loving these little stories so far! I’ve always enjoyed fanfiction that adds little details and fleshes the story out like this one is. Cant wait to see more!:)
1/26/2019 c4 Anonymousme
Oh this is wonderful! I love it! Do please keep writing! And update soon too please! And if you want recommendations for good fics, try WillowDryad and those on her Favorite Authors list on her profile. Nice work. Keep writing!
8/10/2018 c2 13Auburn Waves
I always thought there was a lot of unexplored sadness behind Aravis' suicide attempt - it's pretty heavy for a children's book and I think it reveals something very important about her personality. The last chapter and this one capture her feelings well, I think. The familial control and desperation.
And yes, keep going! I find it hard to post regularly as well, but I've set myself a schedule now, which helps. And if you're stuck, write a plan. It can be a basic sort of plan, if you want, but you're following the chapters, so maybe pick out a theme for each chapter in the book and write like that :)
8/8/2018 c3 Le Faucon Bleu
Great chapter! I love your choice to write these around a single keyword. I'm wondering - do you pick the scene and then select a word, or vice versa?
This is one of my favorite books and there is so little writing done for it, so thank you.
7/20/2018 c2 Guest
I love the horse and his boy, it's been my favorite book since I read it. I love the Narnia books, they're my favorite in the whole universe and I'm thinking about re-reading them.
20 Page 1 2 Next »