for The Red Tide Job

8/17 c3 2hengrimm
What a wonderful last "Leverage" story!

I know it's taken me much longer to read this than I expected it to, but it was well worth the wait. Once again, even if it sounds like a broken record, your knowledge of and love for the Leverage crew comes out in your writing. Your characterization and dialogue and just your grasp of the characters are phenomenal. I love the depths of feeling Nate and Eliot have for one another ("he has to bury another son") and that they showed it here in the end. Their emotions, their internal musings/dialogue were perfect and lovely. This story puts a reader through the wringer, between the heartbreak of that first chapter (I'm so glad you didn't leave it as a one-shot, leave Eliot dying like that) and Nate's frantic yet controlled thoughts in the second and the laying it out in the open (to the extent that these two can) of this last chapter, which was lighter than what came before with more sparks of humor. It was a joy to read.

I hope you come back to this original Leverage crew again someday, hopefully someday soon, for if it continues to focus on Nate and especially Eliot and on their relationship (son, brother, friend rolled into one), I would follow it to the end, wherever you took it.

Good luck and happy writing in whatever fandoms you're enjoying now. Maybe I'll see you in one of the ones I'm following. Hopefully I'll see you back with Leverage!

Thanks for sharing!
6/10/2019 c3 WolfhoundLove1
Truly a good job. The family emotions are strong between Eliot and Nate in this one. Something that's rarely if ever seen. It's a nice change of pace having the macho dialed down. Very unique.
Thank you.
4/8/2019 c3 74SupernaturalGeek
I must confess, I sped through the first two chapters with my heart in my mouth and I was so relieved to reach chapter 3 that I didn't even have time to really think about what I was hoping to see as an epilogue.

However, whatever I might have wished for was entirely surpassed with that beautiful moment between Eliot and Nate.

I always loved their unique bond and you captured it perfectly here. They both felt completely in character throughout, and even though things became rather more emotional towards the end than we've seen between them on-screen, it never felt too much or out of place because they still remained *them* in the midst of it (I hope that made sense).

You even managed to slip in some of their customary humour, with Eliot unable to resist agreeing that Nate really is 'not good at it' when he's trying to put those emotions into words!

This was genuinely heart-warming, and a pleasure to read.
10/19/2018 c3 Branchfoot
I REALLY LIKE THIS FIC OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING IT
8/9/2018 c3 bloodskye1512
chapter 2 had me on the edge of my seat and chapter 3 made me tear up. I'm sorry that you are done with this fandom, but I hope to see your work in the other fandoms I read.
7/31/2018 c3 10HonestBee
Magnificent ending, and absolutely perfect characterizations! I love all the little details also: Nate and Parker's silent exchange, Parker winning the betting pool, because of COURSE they would bet on something like that! Eliot hoping Nate and Sophie wouldn't kiss right over him...perfect!

I hope to see you around again soon!
7/30/2018 c3 25cosette141
Awwwwww! What a perfect ending to such a wonderful story! Again, I love how beautifully you write! How “pain is an old friend.” Amazing! I freaked out a little when Nate told Eliot he knew he was awake lol! I love that Nate just knew :) a very sweet scene between the two of them, and a lot said with a few words. Just how they would have said it! Thank you so much for writing this and I look forward to your return to the leverage side of FanFiction :)) ~cosette141
7/24/2018 c2 10HonestBee
Yay, Nate! That man is scary when he gets intent on something, especially if that something is personal.

Would you belive I actually have seen a squirrel swim? It ain't a pretty sight :)

Anyway, great job again, and I can't wait until Eliot wakes up to find out he's not dead. Because if he dies now, after all of Nate's hard work, I won't be very happy about it!
7/23/2018 c2 48fandombloggingaddict
This chapter absolutely lived up to the quality of the first. And this time we got a veritable glance into Nate's complex mind, so interesting to picture how he envisions problems, forces a situation into a shape that he can handle, manipulate to get the outcome he's betting on. Poor Eliot, all helpless and injured. I'm so glad he has a team to look out for him just as earnestly as he does for them. Thank you for updating this! I'll not soon forget the wild ride that this fic is.
7/23/2018 c2 25cosette141
YES ELIOTS ALIVEEE! Oh my gosh I clicked so fast on that update! :) Okay yeah I know he hasn’t woken up yet but I HAVE HOPE HE WILL BE FINE! I love that you had Nate save him! What a rescue! I also love how you correlated this to Nate losing Sam. Didn’t even think of that until you mentioned it. Heartbreaking but wonderfully written! I also laughed when you mentioned Hardison swims like a squirrel xD hahahaha! You are hysterical! I loved this so much, and please don’t let me be wrong :) I can’t wait for the next update!
7/20/2018 c1 Bloodksye1512
You made me cry. It's well written but oh so sad.
7/17/2018 c1 48fandombloggingaddict
Chills. This is fantastic, a great read into Eliot's character. You are a true artist with words. Reading this was a cosmic experience. And, you know, just as very dark as Eliot's mind is, would be in this place of regret and final unspoken words. Just brilliant.
7/17/2018 c1 10HonestBee
This is a magnificent piece! I shouldn't have read it right before work, because I'm just blown away...it's everything I've ever felt about Eliot's love for the team (he's dying, and he's worried about them food-poisoning themselves! Love it!)

I'm really hoping he gets to yell at Hardison and Parker for coming back to rescue him...I don't think they'll accept anyone else to be their hitter, their brother.

Beautiful work, and I really really hope (demand) you write more for Leverage!
7/16/2018 c1 25cosette141
Oh my god! That was so... wow. Amazing introspection! Your writing is GORGEOUS! Simply the way you put words together is artistic! Poetic! Everything you’ve said here is just so beautiful... the way “the familiar pain of dislocation” and how Eliot told Sophie he wished he always trusted her, how “Parker was the only one who never let the darkness touch her”—- wow! What a way to put it! Yes! Absolutely! I’ll understand if you decide to kill Eliot but... AHHH I REAALY REALLY HOOE HE DOESNT DIE! It’s just not FAIR! He’s right! Who’s gonna protect Hardison and Parker?!’ WHOO?! My heart was beating so fast while reading this, ahhhhg please be okay Eliot! YOU DESERVE TO LIIIIIIVE! But anyway no matter what you decide to do, this is beautifully written. I can’t wait for the next chapter! And i’m disappointed to hear you’re leaving the fandom but i’ll look forward to your return :)

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service