for We've learnt a lot from him

6/8/2020 c1 3emojigal12318
My god, this is brilliant! As I was looking through HTTYD stories, I stumbled across this and omg. It’s not the sort of thing I would normally go for, as I am more of a death or drama ind of person, but this toy is just amazing. Your perception of Viggo is spot on, and it makes me believe that this is something that happened in the HTTYD universe. Your word choice and phrasing is perfect too. I was wondering if you could maybe check out my story and give me some tips on how to make t as good as this? I am a young, aspiring author myself, and am really taking any advice I can get. If not, no problem. I a just happy to hav read such an amazing first chapter. Can’t wait to read on!
7/23/2019 c1 Autumn
This is rather nice; I quite enjoyed the dialogue—you did a good job conveying their voices!
3/25/2019 c1 Lily
Wow... You DID IT! If you don't know what it is i shall tell you. You've made me feel sorry for Viggo. You have taken my heartstrings and created a home for VIGGO GRIMBORN! Hats off to you.
12/9/2018 c1 7110Blue10
Interesting :) I don’t think Hiccup is OOC, although I’d personally have a bit more tension between him and Viggo, but that’s just me. What I can’t figure out is what Viggo’s plan was to put Hiccup ‘out of action’ - is there something I’m missing or is the audience not supposed to know?

Also, just as a side note/for future reference, I think you only need to put a full stop after speech if that’s the end of the sentence. If you put one after every bit of dialogue it breaks the flow of the writing. It’s not a big deal but I thought I should point it out.

Good first try all round :)
10/17/2018 c1 5name-is-taken
You know you portrayed viggo almost too perfectly
10/11/2018 c3 131PutMoneyInThyPurse
You've really made me sympathetic to your Viggo. His Skrill's name is rather lovely, and I absolutely adored his "not ruthless enough" comment on Hiccup's Maces and Talons style. I'm pleasantly surprised that your Snotlout isn't a shallow character, the way many still write him, and HICCUP PLAYING A PRANK ON THE TWINS! That's amazing! I love it!
I found myself hoping your Viggo would find a home on Berk. Loved your explanation of the practical way the dragons are helping the humans. And Hiccup WOULD absolutely tell his friends not to call him 'Chief' - I think it would make him uncomfortable. I really love this on so many levels. Thank you for writing it.
8/18/2018 c3 4Jacqueline4602
Wow, the whole story is great! You can give vivid mental pictures through dialogue; I didn't feel like the story was being dragged out for the sake of having a longer chapter etc. I haven't seen all of the Hiccup and Viggo interactions in the TV series, but I believe I saw enough to know that the past events talked about stay in canon. Again, good job on the story. Can't wait for the last (?) chapter!
Jacqueline
8/15/2018 c3 14httydfangirl123
Another great chapter, looking forward to more :)
8/14/2018 c3 Jowita
It is a great chapter.
8/14/2018 c3 Star
I really liked this chapter. I believe the part about how most new Chiefs feels they can't live up to the standards of their predecessors, but do just fine. I like the fact that Viggo believes Lynnedslag gives him more than he gives Lynnedslag, it makes sense.
8/14/2018 c2 httydfangirl123
Again, amazing chapter with stunning dialogue. Looking forward to reading the next chapter :)
7/21/2018 c2 3Tayashia
I'm enjoying it!
7/21/2018 c2 Star
Lots of good irony in this chapter. I realized Lynnedslag means lightning, good choice for a name. I especially liked the irony of Astrid using the same axe Viggo threatened her with to threaten him. (Even though I don't think that is possible because Astrid's axe broke in one of the season 6 episodes).
7/21/2018 c1 Jowita
I absolutely love this story. It's amazing. Viggo is my favourite character ad I wanted him and Skrill to survive.
7/18/2018 c1 InfernalNighs