for Brothers in All But Name

8/6/2018 c6 7yappingpuppy
Yay! They're all better and on their way to being the best of the newsies! And Jack has a little brother - he needs someone to take care of, so I'm glad he "adopted" Race. I think they'll get on well together, don't you? :)

As with all stories I thoroughly enjoy, I wanted this one to go on. Then again, I do like the short ones, too, as they make for quick reading when I need a Newsies fix and don't have a lot of time to get one! :) So this one was just about perfect. Well done!

As for an idea for another story? How about when Jack and Race meet Crutchie? That's one of my favorite things to contemplate, and I'd love to read how you envision them all coming together.
8/6/2018 c5 yappingpuppy
Yes! I knew it had to be Medda! I'm glad she got them and is seeing them healthy. I always envisioned her as, not so much the motherly sort, but kind of an aunt for Jack - she'll make sure he's OK, but isn't involved directly in his everyday care, unless he needs her to be, just like in your story. Well done. I can stop imagining the worst for these two wonderful characters!
8/6/2018 c5 brighteyes421
I am so glad that it was Medda that found Jack and Race. She is such a kind person and will take great care of them.
8/5/2018 c6 brighteyes421
Great to see two chapters today. I was so happy to see that it was Medda that found Jack and Race, and helped them to get better. Jack is the ultimate big brother. Jack and Race saved each other not only form being lonely but from Snyder and all the horrors that Snyder could have inflected on them. Looking forward to reading more stories from you.
8/4/2018 c4 73SomedayonBroadway
I love this story so much
8/3/2018 c4 7yappingpuppy
Yay! I can sleep easy knowing Jack got himself and Race away from that thug. Well, easy-ish, because now Jack's HURT! And Race is UNCONSCIOUS! And they're LOST! Gah! This is awful! But have they landed at the back door of a friend? I'm hoping so!
8/3/2018 c3 yappingpuppy
Yikes! Good thing I've planned to read the next chapter or I'd not get a lick of sleep wondering what's about to happen to Jack and Race. What's wrong with him? Will he get better? Or is Snyder gonna kill them both for trying to escape? I'm on pins and needles!
8/3/2018 c2 yappingpuppy
Jack is such a protector! Always looking out for others...is it any reason the guys all love him and look to him for guidance?! And, ~insert fangirl squeal of delight here~, Race! ~yet another squeal, because, really, what else can you do?~!
8/3/2018 c1 yappingpuppy
Oh, my, gosh! The description of Jack's pain was so well-written, I almost reached for aspirin for myself! I'm all aquiver wanting to know what happened and why he got such a beating (not that Snyder would need a reason, but still...).
8/3/2018 c4 brighteyes421
Oh am so glad that it was not Snyder that found him. Jack was smart to "trip" so he could lay Race down on the steps and then kick Wilson. I hope that Jack and Race are going to be okay. Both are so young. Please let this be how Jack and Medda meet. She will take them both in and nurse them back to health.
8/2/2018 c3 brighteyes421
Oh to be so close to freedom. Jack is trying so hard to keep Race alive and form getting worse. That sent chills down my spine. Please update soon, I have a feeling that things will not go well for either Jack or Race.
7/31/2018 c2 Shadow
Ooh, I’m excited to read about how they met! I can’t wait for more!
7/30/2018 c2 brighteyes421
Very nice to see a new chapter. I like the way you have Race and Jack meet. It is so like Jack to give him the rest of his food even when he him self is hungry and could face punishment. Looking forward to when Jack and Race meet up with Crutchie and the other newsies. I know I have to be patient. Any way I hope you are having a good summer.
7/29/2018 c1 brighteyes421
A great first chapter. Poor Jack looking forward to reading more. Snyder is such a spider and a bully. I hope you will post the next chapter soon.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service